Restaurant Guide To Buffalo For Visitors

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember if this was mentioned or not, but if visitors are up anywhere near Lockport then Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must. It is my favorite ice cream parlor anywhere in the country.

Finally someone brought up dessert! You have to go to Antoinette's for their sundaes. Oh and thanks Labatt Blue for the tip DiTondo's.

Can't remember if this was mentioned or not, but if visitors are up anywhere near Lockport then Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must. It is my favorite ice cream parlor anywhere in the country.

Lake Effect has the crown for originality for sure.

As far as quality and variety of concoctions, I give the slightest edge to Condrell's in Kenmore

PTR- my mom used to love Antoinette's. It's been a long time, but I think it was in either Cheektowaga, or West Seneca. Ire meeting those cues for my mom for her birthday every year.

As an aside, all of them s reminiscing about food in Buffalo, I wonder how many of you had a milk machine in your neighborhood. Just live ding machine for soda, it was a vending machine for quarts of milk.

As a kid, I remember being the youngest of four having to walk down a block to get milk for coffee in the morning for $.50. The milk was usually frozen in the machine in the winter, and hated that trip a couple times a week.

Anyway, it is really nice reading some of these posts. Reminds me of home. It's why I gain 5 lbs. every September when I take the kids up for a game before my Dad comes back to FL. Great family reunion every year.

PTR- my mom used to love Antoinette's. It's been a long time, but I think it was in either Cheektowaga, or West Seneca. Ire meeting those cues for my mom for her birthday every year.

As an aside, all of them s reminiscing about food in Buffalo, I wonder how many of you had a milk machine in your neighborhood. Just live ding machine for soda, it was a vending machine for quarts of milk.

As a kid, I remember being the youngest of four having to walk down a block to get milk for coffee in the morning for $.50. The milk was usually frozen in the machine in the winter, and hated that trip a couple times a week.

Anyway, it is really nice reading some of these posts. Reminds me of home. It's why I gain 5 lbs. every September when I take the kids up for a game before my Dad comes back to FL. Great family reunion every year.

:thumbsup:

We had a milk machine 2 blocks away. It was a quarter for a quart. (mid-60s) That dairy used squaretop cartons where you folded the corner back to open. I swore it tasted better than supermarket Sealtest brand.

Only a chocolate shop now. Ice cream is done by Charlaps. Actually it is better. Monday 2 for 1

Well they still make their own toppings and whip real cream. Had a sundae last trip home that was incredible.

They have a bunch of Lake Effect flavors at Green Acres on Broadway in Depew also

Antoinettes is right down the street from my house on the corner of French and Transit in Depew.

Didn't see a single mention of Texas Hots. Sahlen's Hotdogs blow peoples minds who aren't from the area. And there is no description for a Texas Hot. It's not a Chili dog or a Coney Island.

Zorba's in Depew Hands down. A must, every time I'm in town.

this isn't in Buffalo but Cleveland, after navigating thru the slums we made it to Little Italy for "authentic" Italian and had the WORST chicken parm ever. It was tough as leather and not the greatest flavor either. Granted their is a multitude of Restaurants there but I will never be going back to Trattoria.