Jake Long?

cage

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on board. It's really low risk at this point. He's a high ceiling guy and I would think that he comes cheap. Sign him on an incentive laden 1 year deal based on the number of snaps he plays. Sign me up

Agree with this 100%. What do you have to lose? Long gets a chance to prove himself and possibly get one last long contract next year. The Bills get to kick the tires on a guy who was good enough to be the #1 overall pick.

BTW, is there a worse feeling than having the #1 overall pick and drafting an OT?

Agree with this 100%. What do you have to lose? Long gets a chance to prove himself and possibly get one last long contract next year. The Bills get to kick the tires on a guy who was good enough to be the #1 overall pick.

BTW, is there a worse feeling than having the #1 overall pick and drafting an OT?

Ha ha, no!! Imagine if you had the 1st overall pick and took Eric Fisher?!?

If we have the cap space, why not? The only downfall that I can see is that it would inhibit the growth of Henderson and Kujo.... Then again, they can still make strides in practice and in a rotational role... Count me in for this...

I suppose they could also want to roll some of that cap money over to next year.... I'm not crazy- that's a thing, right? Was pretty sure I remembered hearing something about being able to roll a certain percent of unused cap space from one year to the next...

Very little difference between LT and RT. I would bring him in. The RT situation is at best not good and there is no good back-up options for LT.

Sign Gilmore then use the cap savings to bring Long in.

Seattle will sign him to veteran minimum deal. Give him one year guaranteed $750K.

I'm on board. It's really low risk at this point. He's a high ceiling guy and I would think that he comes cheap. Sign him on an incentive laden 1 year deal based on the number of snaps he plays. Sign me up

I'd be all in on this move to finally shore up that RT position and also give the RG some help at the same time. :thumbsup: