Vic Carucci describes the media's crush on Rex

Pretty much

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/18/vic-caruccis-bills-wake-call-vote-stick-rex/

His words don't only create a major buzz locally, but nationally as well. And this happens on a regular basis. The Bills might have a historic playoff drought going, but they are more relevant than ever league-wide because of what Ryan might say or do at any given moment.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every time I see or hear Rex on TV, or radio, or in print, I think to myself . . . Dont you have some film to go watch? Dont you have some players to coach-up? Dont you have something else better to do, that will actually improve your chances to win games on the field?

I live in LA (born and raised in Buffalo, first 24 years of my life). And I hear or see Rex all the time. I almost never see or hear Tomlin, or Arians, or Hoodie, or other good coaches. I assume its because (1) they are actually somewhere working, and (2) they avoid the media because it cuts into valuable work time.

Rex = clown.

How about spending more time working, and less time blustering and buffooning? We want to WIN. We dont care about being relevant in the media. Win the superbowl this year. Stop talking about it. Work for it.

Edited by maddenboy

Except that it has overtly embarrassed the team.

I don't think that is quite true.

Everyone who knows football knows Rex is Rex.

And Bills have been getting a lot of National attention.

Just roll with it : )

every time I see or hear Rex on TV, or radio, or in print, I think to myself . . . Dont you have some film to go watch? Dont you have some players to coach-up? Dont you have something else better to do, that will actually improve your chances to win games on the field?

-Correct. Presidents and football coaches should not ever golf, go on vacation, or talk to the media. And they should have a colostomy bag to ensure maximum efficiency.

I live in LA (born and raised in Buffalo, first 24 years of my life). And I hear or see Rex all the time. I almost never see or hear Tomlin, or Arians, or Hoodie, or other good coaches. I assume its because (1) they are actually somewhere working, and (2) they avoid the media because it cuts into valuable work time.

-It is not unimaginable that during the slow times in the off season that Rex would provide more content than the hoodie. Speaking of which, have you seen his wife? I am sure he spends a lot of time with her in the off season.

Rex = clown.

-This is true.

How about spending more time working, and less time blustering and buffooning? We want to WIN. We dont care about being relevant in the media. Win the superbowl this year. Stop talking about it. Work for it.

-Again, never stop.

He is sort of copying Trump. The media can't help but cover him. It brings attention to the Bills which so long as it doesn't overly embarrass the team, adds value to pegula's investment.

I think Tump is sort of copying REX... Either way, it seems unlikely that either of them can deliver on their blustery promises... The Schwartz was with us... Now the farce is with us... Can't wait 'til him and Rob get a house-flipping show on HGTV

I don't think that is quite true.

Everyone who knows football knows Rex is Rex.

And Bills have been getting a lot of National attention.

Just roll with it : )

It's always something, ain't it? We used to cry about being insignificant. Now we're too significant.

It's always something, ain't it? We used to cry about being insignificant. Now we're too significant.

It's Rex that's significant, not the team.

Rex=clown

Rob=fat ass clown

I do hope these clowns know what they're doing.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS ON BOARD!

Rex has always been good for the media. He gives them a lot to work with and gets a lot of coverage - including national coverage. But that's not the same as being relevant. The coaches that succeed and win are relevant. Rex has had success in the past, as a DC with the Ravens and early on with the Jest. But now that's fading. Every season that his team - and especially his defense - doesn't succeed is a step toward him just being some has-been loudmouth who's still talking crap about his glory days, but who can't back it up anymore. His book isn't closed though. He's got a lot to prove and still some time here in B-lo to prove it. For the Bills' and Bills fans' sakes I hope he does, but he sure hasn't yet.

Does the Buffalo News really cover the Bills in more depth than any other paper covers its own home team???

"In case you haven't noticed, The Buffalo News, digitally and in print form, devotes a heaping amount of space to the Bills, easily more than any other media outlet in Western New York and any other newspaper in the country gives its NFL team. I challenge you to find another sports section with five stories from one day of minicamp."

I was a Rex doubter last year, and I was (unfortunately) justified. however, barring a rash of injuries, I think we'll see a top 10 D this year, which gives them a very, very good chance at the playoffs.

Rex's D requires the different parts to work in unison, which they obviously did not do last year. I think they've "corrected" the issues from last year, and they've added some needed personnel--I believe Ragland is the most important addition. Lawson--either one--will provide the team aspect needed at Mario's old position. The only person who worries me is Dareus, as he's still making noise about Rex's D. He needs to go "all in".

That said, I'm also okay now with Rex doing his thing. The only talk about Buffalo prior to Pegula/Rex was when the team would move. The future for Buffalo is bright in many ways now, so put on those shades and enjoy the ride.

Rex has always been good for the media. He gives them a lot to work with and gets a lot of coverage - including national coverage. But that's not the same as being relevant. The coaches that succeed and win are relevant. Rex has had success in the past, as a DC with the Ravens and early on with the Jest. But now that's fading. Every season that his team - and especially his defense - doesn't succeed is a step toward him just being some has-been loudmouth who's still talking crap about his glory days, but who can't back it up anymore. His book isn't closed though. He's got a lot to prove and still some time here in B-lo to prove it. For the Bills' and Bills fans' sakes I hope he does, but he sure hasn't yet.

My take away on this comment Barley is , the book is not closed.

Can Rex succeed as a head Coach ?

This year will be telling.

Its fair to have high expectations this year. Seems Pegula has given him all he wished for.

When national media turns its electric eye toward Buffalo , it is a good thing. The NFL takes notice if the national bandwidth is increased.

I was a Rex doubter last year, and I was (unfortunately) justified. however, barring a rash of injuries, I think we'll see a top 10 D this year, which gives them a very, very good chance at the playoffs.

Rex's D requires the different parts to work in unison, which they obviously did not do last year. I think they've "corrected" the issues from last year, and they've added some needed personnel--I believe Ragland is the most important addition. Lawson--either one--will provide the team aspect needed at Mario's old position. The only person who worries me is Dareus, as he's still making noise about Rex's D. He needs to go "all in".

That said, I'm also okay now with Rex doing his thing. The only talk about Buffalo prior to Pegula/Rex was when the team would move. The future for Buffalo is bright in many ways now, so put on those shades and enjoy the ride.

:thumbsup:

Does the Buffalo News really cover the Bills in more depth than any other paper covers its own home team???

"In case you haven't noticed, The Buffalo News, digitally and in print form, devotes a heaping amount of space to the Bills, easily more than any other media outlet in Western New York and any other newspaper in the country gives its NFL team. I challenge you to find another sports section with five stories from one day of minicamp."

i wonder if he actually researched that or just threw it out there. Actually upon forget review he didn't do the research, he challenged the readers to research it. I doubt anyone will take the time to do it, so we just accept his statement I guess. Edited by YoloinOhio