Vic Carucci describes the media's crush on Rex

Excellent post. It seems lately that Rex is using coaching as a stepping stone for his next career on NFL Countdown or a reality show.

It's obvious to all that I have little regard for Rex as a coach. However, he does excel in front of the cameras and speaking at the podium. Even when he loses he handles himself very professionally when facing the media. He has a large personality and he is glib. Without a doubt he knows the game and can with ease articulate his views on the game. When his coaching career is over he will shine as a member of the media and as a football analyst.

My frustration boils over when I see Rex as the HC knowing that with him at the helm we are not going to accomplish much. It's like having Fitz as your qb. There are episodes of success but when all is said and done you are not going to accomplish anything meaningful with him as your starting qb. Over the past couple of years under Whaley our team was making progress with adding talent to the roster and the team was steadily moving up the rankings. I strongly believe that last year we should have been in the playoffs as a wildcard team. The takeaway from last year is that coaching matters.

The year in which Marrone was hired Ariens was available as a HC. Last year Hue Jackson was available as a HC. Roman also would have been a credible hire. Instead the owners selected someone with an engaging personality with a mediocre record. Whatever happened to the concept of due diligence????? When you make your football decisions from a marketing perspective you end up getting a coach who makes sure the film is running when he jumps out of an airplane and rides a tandem bike with his corpulent brother. It's a lame and tiresome act that the organization created for itself.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic