Best movie lines ever....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Bill Daggett: (As Munny takes aim) Just hold it right there. Hold it! [Munny shoots him] You, sir, are a cowardly son of a B word! You just shot an unarmed man!

Will: Well he should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.

-Unforgiven

Edited by mike22nc

"I'm funny how? I'm funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fkn amuse you? What do you mean I'm funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

The "funny how" bit was heavily based on an incident Joe Pesci experienced as a young waiter when he complimented a mobster on his sense of humor. Needless to say, the man didn’t take it too well. Martin Scorsese heard the story during rehearsal and liked it so much that he let Pesci and Ray Liotta incorporate it by improvising their dialogue. The other actors in the scene weren’t given advanced notice because Scorsese wanted their genuine, unrehearsed reactions, and he shot it with only medium takes and no close-ups in order to capture their surprise.

The "funny how" bit was heavily based on an incident Joe Pesci experienced as a young waiter when he complimented a mobster on his sense of humor. Needless to say, the man didn’t take it too well. Martin Scorsese heard the story during rehearsal and liked it so much that he let Pesci and Ray Liotta incorporate it by improvising their dialogue. The other actors in the scene weren’t given advanced notice because Scorsese wanted their genuine, unrehearsed reactions, and he shot it with only medium takes and no close-ups in order to capture their surprise.

That's awesome, didn't know that.