Ravens' LT Eugene Monroe Released after No Trade - Retired

I think Monroe is basically as high as I'd go for a RT.

The team showed last year that they can run the ball effectively with what amounted to patchwork on the right edge. Obviously I'd prefer to have a good pass protector like Monroe over there, but yeah, he's basically pushing the limit of what I'd pay.

I meant for a trade.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big Rex fan, but didn't he work for the Ravens from 1999-2008?

3Gpey.jpg
Actually Ryan did interview for the Raven head coach job and at least two other candidates from other teams were favored over him, Jason Garrett who took another gig and john harbaugh.

Ironically both are winning NFL coaches. So is it still a joke?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The Ravens gave up 4th and 5th round picks for Monroe when they traded for him in October 2013. That's not much for an 8th overall pick. Guess the Ravens will start the rookie Stanley at LT this season. It won't take much to get him now, but I'd make any pick conditional on playing time to hedge against a looming suspension or other issue. If available and engaged he'd be a big upgrade at RT so the Bills should do their due diligence here. As noted, his pay is reasonable.

Edited by BarleyNY

I would be surprised if they simply cut him. If kept, he's counting $8.7M against the cap this year. If they simply cut him, they immediately eat $6.6M in prorated guaranteed money, saving only $2.1M in cap space. If they trade him, he has 3 years left on his deal for $6.50M, $6.75M, and $6.75M over the next 3 years. I'm not sure that I would make him a priority if I'm Buffalo. Right now, getting a new deal done for Gilmore and thinking about the potential to have to pay Tyrod next year is what I would focus on.

Ironically both are winning NFL coaches. So is it still a joke?

Maybe, maybe not. But it is pretty funny how so many sound like they have a personal vendetta against Rex. So what? If he sh*ts the bed again, he's out. It's not keeping me up nights.

The opening day game just got a little easier.

The big loss along the Ravens' OL was Osemele; best guard in the NFL IMO.

They'll still be strong up front. Stanley will start at LT and should be solid. The question will be at LG, where John Urschel will attempt to replace Osemele. I'm not a huge Ricky Wagner fan at RT, but he seems to get the job done much of the time.

The big loss along the Ravens' OL was Osemele; best guard in the NFL IMO.

They'll still be strong up front. Stanley will start at LT and should be solid. The question will be at LG, where John Urschel will attempt to replace Osemele. I'm not a huge Ricky Wagner fan at RT, but he seems to get the job done much of the time.

KO is definitely a loss. But Monroe was a high round pick and took years to develop into a solid LT. I don't expect Stanley to be one right off the bat.

Maybe, maybe not. But it is pretty funny how so many sound like they have a personal vendetta against Rex. So what? If he sh*ts the bed again, he's out. It's not keeping me up nights.

Jimmy, jimmy even if thinking about Rex is keeping you 'up' at nights it's ok..... There's nothing wrong with that. But the Ravens made the call to go a different path, and I'd say they're happy about it.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood