Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I thought Jake McCabe stood out as well. He was flying all over the ice, really showing his speed.

I agree with your McCabe observation. In this game he was really feisty. He is not the type of player you would say that he has any exceptional traits but what you can say about him is that he does everything well. Last year he seemed to steadily get better. And so far this year he is becoming more confident in his play and continues to get better.

I was really aggravated with Kulokov after the Philly game. But in the last couple of games where he was forced to play a lot of minutes he has played very well. With the injury to Bogosian the Russian is becoming an anchor defenseman for us.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really think so? They said that there were still box office tickets (although I don't think they understand how highly priced those box office tickets are - probably more than the secondary market was)

You really think so? They said that there were still box office tickets (although I don't think they understand how highly priced those box office tickets are - probably more than the secondary market was)

You can buy tickets for $10 on StubHub.

IZofI17A_200x200.jpgVS. 9jiKTthE_200x200.jpg

CwgaMHpXAAAG7Y4.jpg

SABRES (4-4-2) at SENATORS (7-3-0)

SAT NOV 5, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/SN1/SN360

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 39)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 10 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 10 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16; injured reserve) – 9 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30) – 3 games
Hudson Fasching (groin, Nov. 1) – 2 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/30: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL)
11/1: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Evander Kane on IR
11/2: Assigned F Justin Bailey and F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)
11/3: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL)
11/4: Recalled F William Carrier from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Justin Bailey to Rochester

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at SENATORS
This is the first of five meetings between the Sabres and Senators this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Ottawa, 3-1, in Buffalo on March 18
Next meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 9 in Ottawa
The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 2-7-1 on the road
This is the 129th game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 61-49-18 series record.
The Sabres are 27-27-11 on the road against the Senators all-time.

Morning Skate: November 5, 2016 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Canadian Tire Centre

@BuffaloSabres

Great third period by the Sabres tonight. Okposo is the real deal and Reinhart really battled in scoring a gritty game-winning goal.

Lehner had another strong outing. This team is looking like a real contender for the first time in a long time.

crazy eh! A week ago people were ready to jump off the bridge and calling for a tank season!

crazy eh! A week ago people were ready to jump off the bridge and calling for a tank season!

that Calgary/Philly game combo was rough...and to not question the coaching strategies and players mental toughness in both would have been silly.

Disco Dan and GMTM essentially said the same thing on their weekly interviews on GR..they were feeling sorry for themselves at the start of the season..especially after the Philly game, and both could feel the season going down the chitter. so not just the fans who were questioning, the coach and GM were as well.

Edited by plenzmd1

In my mind Lehner was the first star of the game for us. The one save where he was prone and stuck out his stick horizontal to the ground was magnificent.

Ryan O'Reilly was a stud in this game. He never stops working hard. My fear with him is that he is on the ice so much and plays with such intensity that he will be worn out. He is a player whose value can't be measured by points. His presence and unceasing work ethic speak louder than any talk that can be given by coaches and players.

Was impressed by Carrier. He is big, tough and moves well. It seems that Bailey is in Bylsma's doghouse and was sent down to Rochester. Both young players are impressively fast.

Our defense is depleted. That is something I worry about.

Edited by JohnC

that Calgary/Philly game combo was rough...and to not question the coaching strategies and players mental toughness in both would have been silly.

Disco Dan and GMTM essentially said the same thing on their weekly interviews on GR..they were feeling sorry for themselves at the start of the season..especially after the Philly game, and both could feel the season going down the chitter. so not just the fans who were questioning, the coach and GM were as well.

That would worry me even more.

In my mind Lehner was the first star of the game for us. The one save where he was prone and stuck out his stick horizontal to the ground was magnificent.

Ryan O'Reilly was a stud in this game. He never stops working hard. My fear with him is that he is on the ice so much and plays with such intensity that he will be worn out. He is a player whose value can't be measured by points. His presence and unceasing work ethic speak louder than any talk that can be given by coaches and players.

Was impressed by Carrier. He is big, tough and moves well. It seems that Bailey is in Bylsma's doghouse and was sent down to Rochester. Both young players are impressively fast.

Our defense is depleted. That is something I worry about.

+1. Consistently good takes.

Great third period by the Sabres tonight. Okposo is the real deal and Reinhart really battled in scoring a gritty game-winning goal.

I've been down on Reinhart's game all year but making Chris Neil look like an ass on a 3rd period GWG buys an awful lot of good will.

Extra nod to Cody Franson for some great work on that double minor they killed late. He worked his giblets off and made a few great plays to help preserve that lead.

I've been down on Reinhart's game all year but making Chris Neil look like an ass on a 3rd period GWG buys an awful lot of good will.

Extra nod to Cody Franson for some great work on that double minor they killed late. He worked his giblets off and made a few great plays to help preserve that lead.

The 4 minute kill was huge. Both 4 man PK units did yeoman work to eliminate any threats.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach provides updates from practice today in Boston - http://bufsabres.co/uBkQla

Cwm3xMCUcAAfFnR.jpg

Thank you for the updates and the postings. They are always appreciated. In the first thirty seconds of the HC's briefing he is very unsubtle in his cryptic comments about Ennis and maybe also Kulikov. Bylsma is not a loud and blustering coach like Rex is. He responds to inadequate play less by talking and more decisively by taking away ice time.

I may be over-interpreting Bylsma replacing Ennis on the Reinhart line with Carrier in yesterday's game. But it is a clear sign that the coach prefers structured play over dancing around and dipsy doodling on the ice.

+1. Consistently good takes.

I appreciate your comment.

The Sabres are becoming a fun team to follow. You can see the progression and development. It is obvious that this team is not in the top echelon but without a doubt it is moving up the ranks. I consider this team a lower qualifying caliber playoff team. I will be disappointed if they are not post season participants. Even if they don't make the playoffs it is fun watching the young players getting better and developing. The future is bright.

Thank you for the updates and the postings. They are always appreciated. In the first thirty seconds of the HC's briefing he is very unsubtle in his cryptic comments about Ennis and maybe also Kulikov. Bylsma is not a loud and blustering coach like Rex is. He responds to inadequate play less by talking and more decisively by taking away ice time.

I may be over-interpreting Bylsma replacing Ennis on the Reinhart line with Carrier in yesterday's game. But it is a clear sign that the coach prefers structured play over dancing around and dipsy doodling on the ice.

Hockey isn't football.