Predict Tyrods Damaging weakness [replaced injury list word]

Since TBD is my favorite debate club, let's go.

He IS the guy. Could be a Star. Could still go on a Warner or Young - like Run and go to canton. That's my hope. But let's say like every other guy, we are going to finally find some great weakness... What's might it be? Everyone has one. Brady hates getting hit. Manning had a propensity to choke in the post season. Farve was notorious for that WTF int... Kelly was found to be confused enough to hold back when running k gun by Belichick at least.

So what and why will it be for Tyrod??? Injuries? Playbook? Too cautious? Will his lack of command of the middle continue? Key guys getting injuries will derail him?? Will he go to the probowl again but this time as the NFLs top passer ?

I feel like he was conservative last year and we are going to see more about him this year. And it could be good, and it could be bad....

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about him taking bad hits when he extends plays

The thing that makes him really special is also the thing that could do him in

I really want to see less of him blocking.....more running out of bounds and sliding after first down yardage......and more use of his arm

His awareness outside the pocket is pretty good, second to Russel? Maybe. A freak hit could ruin his season but that can happen to most. His season will ride on Sammy's health, even if he is playing above the level he played last season the results will suffer. We have no serious outside threats besides WATTS. Get OFF that foot!

I keep saying he missed some valuable time last year during OTA's, Training Camp and he never developed chemistry with the first team. I think he played safe last year but also took more and more chances later in the year and grew confidence as the year went on. You can see that in Watkin's numbers and they developed a nice chemistry. I think this year is the year he blossoms and becomes the QB we're all hoping for. He'll never be an elite QB but he's he's good enough to take this team to the playoffs. You don't need elite QB play to make the playoffs/SB but it obviously helps.

In terms of achilles heel, he needs to stop taking stupid and unecessary hits. He needs to stay 100% healthy this year.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

I worry about him taking bad hits when he extends plays

The thing that makes him really special is also the thing that could do him in

I really want to see less of him blocking.....more running out of bounds and sliding after first down yardage......and more use of his arm

If the first hundred posts had basically said this, I wouldn't have been surprised. Bored, but not surprised.

His awareness outside the pocket is pretty good, second to Russel? Maybe. A freak hit could ruin his season but that can happen to most. His season will ride on Sammy's health, even if he is playing above the level he played last season the results will suffer. We have no serious outside threats besides WATTS. Get OFF that foot!

The Sammy angle... "Not enough weapons"...right? So if we hear that what does it really mean? We saw fitz make a weapon out of Stevie Johnson... But to be fair I watch Tyrod make percey Harvin look just like Sammy. His deep sideline shot is elite- both sides. Much harder to find a guy that can make that throw than run that route.... *sigh* Lee Evans would have been the perfect complement to tryrod.

Edit- I meant in addition to Sammy

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The Sammy angle... "Not enough weapons"...right? So if we hear that what does it really mean? We saw fitz make a weapon out of Stevie Johnson... But to be fair I watch Tyrod make percey Harvin look just like Sammy. His deep sideline shot is elite- both sides. Much harder to find a guy that can make that throw than run that route.... *sigh* Lee Evans would have been the perfect complement to tryrod.

Edit- I meant in addition to Sammy

Harvin when healthy was light years above anything we have now. You have faith that Robert Woods is going to be a consistent down field threat against #1 corners? He gets smaller the further down the field he goes. Anything other than Woods is largely underwhelming when you consider them as a 2nd WR.

If the first hundred posts had basically said this, I wouldn't have been surprised. Bored, but not surprised.

You you're predicting durability as the demise?

Harvin when healthy was light years above anything we have now. You have faith that Robert Woods is going to be a consistent down field threat against #1 corners? He gets smaller the further down the field he goes. Anything other than Woods is largely underwhelming when you consider them as a 2nd WR.

Listenbee... Kid will be good. Downfield speed, contests ball and wins. He doesn't need to be a nuanced route runner.

You know what else is awesome?

The green sky

The dry water

A floating anchor.

As for the OP, I think TT's downfall could be that he is seen as a .500 QB because of the crap coaching and the defense performing poorly.

Listenbee... Kid will be good. Downfield speed, contests ball and wins. He doesn't need to be a nuanced route runner.

So if Sammy goes down your confident in Woods and Listenbee? Sounds like a dramatic drop off to me. Listenbee might not even be on the 53.

So if Sammy goes down your confident in Woods and Listenbee? Sounds like a dramatic drop off to me. Listenbee might not even be on the 53.

Yes I'm hanging out on a limb here saying tyrod is going to click with other wrs. All they need to be able to do is run every other route ok and kill the 9 route. One dimensional WR might still be enough

So what and why will it be for Tyrod??? Injuries? Playbook? Too cautious? Will his lack of command of the middle continue? Key guys getting injuries will derail him??

Vision in the pocket, durability.

Yes, which is more about his playing style than his durability. Some of these other things (stable of WR's, etc.) are more related to the overall offense, but I'm speaking directly to Tyrod's Achilles (the original question).

And let's not forget the drop off when Tyrod is not available. Better yet, let's not think of that at all.....

Middle of the field. If he does not solve this he will be capped at exactly where he was last season. If he does not find a way to play the middle of the field he will have the occasional big play, will win some games but will never command full respect.

His short game - I do not see Tyrod being able to hit the quick throws necessary when he is bottled up and needs to hit the outlet receiver fast in right location.

Also I do not see Tyrod being able to be gun slinger in a shootout so as his number of throws go up his effectiveness will go down.