Predict Tyrods Damaging weakness [replaced injury list word]

Tyrod's great weakness, IMO, would be his snap-to-release time.

He had the slowest in the NFL last year, and he's got to speed it up while improving his ability to get the ball to his targets in stride. It's not an easy thing to do, and if he doesn't make it happen, then he'll have to live and die by the deep ball instead of being able to hit the money throws--the mid-range completions that keep the chains moving.

I wonder if this isn't more of a Greg Roman problem... Been watching alot of Brady game footage, and he has tons of plays where he does a two step drop and that ball is outta there... super quick-hit plays... Mostly they work very well... I thought Tyrod could use summa that.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy/long ball. A huge part of what makes Tyrod and the Bills offense go round is the long ball. If Tyrod doesn't have anybody that can clearly establish himself in that role he has no chance. That is the only thing we can do to stretch the defense. Need Sammy healthy. R. Woods is a good WR, but has no vertical game. He can't be our number one.

The Bills have had QB's who wouldn't throw the football in the middle of the field unless the WR was standing there waving his arms, wide open and facing the QB and those guys went down in flames.

Tyrod having Sammy definitely helped buy him time to develop at his own pace. Hopefully he has made big strides since the end of last year.

Going through reads seems to be a weakness already I guess. But I think his main weakness is staying in high scoring games. His efficiency is lowest when he's the only thing keeping us from being blown the f*** out.

I don't think he can carry the team when needed.. That is what the top tier QBs have the ability to do.

....His deep sideline shot is elite- both sides. Much harder to find a guy that can make that throw than run that route....

Excellent point. We have one of the best longball throwers in the game. Makes it fun. Roman may be a San Fran boy but this ain' no west coast offense here.... We pound it and take our shots deep every game. Most exciting offense since Chan

Since TBD is my favorite debate club, let's go.

He IS the guy. Could be a Star. Could still go on a Warner or Young - like Run and go to canton. That's my hope. But let's say like every other guy, we are going to finally find some great weakness... What's might it be? Everyone has one. Brady hates getting hit. Manning had a propensity to choke in the post season. Farve was notorious for that WTF int... Kelly was found to be confused enough to hold back when running k gun by Belichick at least.

So what and why will it be for Tyrod??? Injuries? Playbook? Too cautious? Will his lack of command of the middle continue? Key guys getting injuries will derail him?? Will he go to the probowl again but this time as the NFLs top passer ?

I feel like he was conservative last year and we are going to see more about him this year. And it could be good, and it could be bad....

injuries, using the whole field

EJ will pull a Tonya Harding

:lol::lol:

of course then we will get the top spot in the draft, so ...

Opposing defenses will take away the sidelines, AKA the only place he's found any semblance of consistency. They will also contain his run game, as he will be far more predictable with the sidelines gone. He will not make significant enough progress with intermediate passes over the middle of the field. Because of everything I previously mentioned, he will end up turning the ball over far more than he did last year and his stats will be more in line with what a career backup's stats normally look like when they become starters.

Flutie syndrome

Are there really enough players on the field to take away two sidelines, keep Sammy contained, and still have personnel to keep a spy on Tyrod to limit the run? I'm not an expert on the X's and O's and but that seems like a daunting task and one which would present favorable matchups for our RBs.

we don't have that many weapons, Defenses aren't afraid of us.

Flutie syndrome

Just Shady and Watkins and Karlos and a mobile QB. In other words, nothing. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I thought he already showed a weakness with inconsistency last year. It seemed like he would disappear for long stretches of games. IMO, he completely cost us the MNF game against New England. Defense did relatively well keeping Brady from blowing up like he usually does against us but Tyrod missed a number of throws in that game that I believe could have made a difference.

Excellent point. We have one of the best longball throwers in the game. Makes it fun. Roman may be a San Fran boy but this ain' no west coast offense here.... We pound it and take our shots deep every game. Most exciting offense since Chan

I was encouraged to hear that they were putting serious work on over the middle and red zone stuff so far this offseason with TT......

If he can develop that this passing offense is gonna be fun to watch

I thought he already showed a weakness with inconsistency last year. It seemed like he would disappear for long stretches of games. IMO, he completely cost us the MNF game against New England. Defense did relatively well keeping Brady from blowing up like he usually does against us but Tyrod missed a number of throws in that game that I believe could have made a difference.

Agree. Felt like I was watching Trent Edwards that day. He was scared to throw the ball even on 3rd downs. That's the day he lost me. Was team Tyrod before that dogcrap performance.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Agree. Felt like I was watching Trent Edwards that day. He was scared to throw the ball even on 3rd downs. That's the day he lost me. Was team Tyrod before that dogcrap performance.

He wasn't scared at all.

Belichick did what he always does: do his darnedest to take away what the QB does best, so he played a LOT of deep safety help to Sammy's side and played aggressive in the short zones.

It's not that Tyrod was scared at all; it was that he couldn't adjust on the fly and hit enough of the midrange throws to move the chains.

If that bothered you, then fine, it bothered me too.

If, however, he lost you because he looked tentative, well, my opinion is that it's a misdiagnosis of what went down

He wasn't scared at all.

Belichick did what he always does: do his darnedest to take away what the QB does best, so he played a LOT of deep safety help to Sammy's side and played aggressive in the short zones.

It's not that Tyrod was scared at all; it was that he couldn't adjust on the fly and hit enough of the midrange throws to move the chains.

If that bothered you, then fine, it bothered me too.

If, however, he lost you because he looked tentative, well, my opinion is that it's a misdiagnosis of what went down

I saw Tyrod Taylor still making throws with a bum shoulder.....anyone remember that?

Add the redskins, Eagles, 2nd half Chiefs too if it makes you feel better.

I see

I do miss the days when Jim Kelly never had bad games in a season.....we should have given up on him as well

I saw Tyrod Taylor still making throws with a bum shoulder.....anyone remember that?

I see

I do miss the days when Jim Kelly never had bad games in a season.....we should have given up on him as well

What does Tyrod have to do with Jim Kelly. Take it easy man.

Sniff the playoffs then you can annoint the savior.

Flutie syndrome

First, I disagree. Second, its about numbers. Most NFL defenses are built to counter a traditional offense with a barely mobile QB which allows them to effectively play 11 v 10. When you have to commit a player to defend against the threat of a QB run, then you have one less guy in coverage. If Sammy commands your #1 CB and a safety over the top, and Tyrod gets his own man then either someone is left totally uncovered or you have one less guy near the line to play the run. Pick your poison.

Since Tyrod demonstrated his ability to connect on the home run ball consistently and proved to be very dangerous when he pulls the ball down and runs, Sammy has proven to be almost un-coverable, and Shady is still as dangerous as ever, I think defensive coordinators are afraid of us and our offense's big play potential.

He completed a few throws after getting dinged in the shoulder area, yes.

It certainly wasn't enough to negate the fact that they only scored 13 points, and that they didn't make enough plays to win the game.

And there are VERY few people that need to have it be HOF or bust. The vast majority of us are cautiously optimistic