Predict Tyrods Damaging weakness [replaced injury list word]

NFL Defensive Co-coordinators have a years worth of game footage and an off-season to study him

Something they did not have last season

Yeah that's why I was hoping they would try to give him another receiving weapon to try to skew the look they had from last year.

A bit too much is made of "continuity".......very often the best the Bills have gotten from QB's.......and offenses in general.......has been that first year in those offenses.

Even in season we've seen a bunch of situations where the first Patriots game with a new staff the Bills have shown well........only to get floored in the late season matchup.

"New" is often a valuable quality.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hopeful he's past it, but the middle of the field. We need more 2 second plays to evade the rush.

I think Roman took notice of week two last year

Yeah that's why I was hoping they would try to give him another receiving weapon to try to skew the look they had from last year.

A bit too much is made of "continuity".......very often the best the Bills have gotten from QB's.......and offenses in general.......has been that first year in those offenses.

Even in season we've seen a bunch of situations where the first Patriots game with a new staff the Bills have shown well........only to get floored in the late season matchup.

"New" is often a valuable quality.

We could think that Romans playbook was only partially open to assist Tyrod. and the rest of the team ( O Line mostly ? ). Second year in should provide or more refined and confident team.

second year tells you if it is working and the start pushing them ( players )

They better hope Roman doesn't change any plays then.

Romans play selection aren't what was studied. Tyrods tendencies on the field were.

Even if Roman changes the play selection, Tyrods will still behave the same way against a Corner blitz or Zone read

Romans play selection aren't what was studied. Tyrods tendencies on the field were.

Even if Roman changes the play selection, Tyrods will still behave the same way against a Corner blitz or Zone read

I can't think the bills coaches aren't looking at the same thing and coaching to mute tendencies ... These guys lookat, talk, eat, breath football for 18 hours a day.

Well that's the assumption, that 2015 Tyrod Taylor is the same for all time. Just curious, how many QBs step onto the field able to read defenses at an NFL level right away? Don't you think just maybe that expectation is a wee bit unreasonable? TT was a first time starter and had to split reps in camp in 2015. He's going to be much more experienced better prepared this year.

Well that's the assumption, that 2015 Tyrod Taylor is the same for all time. Just curious, how many QBs step onto the field able to read defenses at an NFL level right away? Don't you think just maybe that expectation is a wee bit unreasonable? TT was a first time starter and had to split reps in camp in 2015. He's going to be much more experienced better prepared this year.

Please show where any one person has said anything even close to this...

TT has had an off season to prepare but so has the rest of the NFL

My concern is that TT gets 2 or 3 years until the league catches up and learns to contain him. Like Vick, Stewart, Kapernick, or RG3.

Defenses willearn to adapt to Tyrod. How will Tyrod adapt to them?

Please show where any one person has said anything even close to this...

See below. How else can you interpret this as "because they saw TT play, they have figured TT out?" That statement assumes nothing about TT's game will change.

NFL Defensive Co-coordinators have a years worth of game footage and an off-season to study him

Something they did not have last season

TT has had an off season to prepare but so has the rest of the NFL. My concern is that TT gets 2 or 3 years until the league catches up and learns to contain him. Like Vick, Stewart, Kapernick, or RG3. Defenses will learn to adapt to Tyrod. How will Tyrod adapt to them?

You are making some leaps here. One is that TT has a limited skill set that DC's will effectively neutralize with tape study. Another is that was what caused other QBs like Vick and Kaep to become less effective. I think in 3 of the 4 examples you give, injury (and jail) was a bigger reason for the lack effectiveness.

All QBs get game planned. Is Aaron Rogers washed up because the Bills shut him down once? Of course TT will have bad games. All QBs do. But overall I think TT is talented enough to succeed in the NFL and lead the Bills. His first season was amazing when you view it as his first season and compare him to other first year starters.

Nothing is guaranteed but I believe with a full camp as starter and some consistency at O-line will make TT even better.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

See below. How else can you interpret this as "because they saw TT play, they have figured TT out?" That statement assumes nothing about TT's game will change.

It doesn't assume that nothing about his game will change.

It assumes that DCs will eventually be able to catch up with him, much the same as they do with many other QBs, and consequently asks if he can take his game to another level to rise above it.

in fact, I think it was pretty clear when he said:

TT has had an off season to prepare but so has the rest of the NFL

My concern is that TT gets 2 or 3 years until the league catches up and learns to contain him. Like Vick, Stewart, Kapernick, or RG3.

Defenses willearn to adapt to Tyrod. How will Tyrod adapt to them?

It doesn't assume that nothing about his game will change.

It assumes that DCs will eventually be able to catch up with him, much the same as they do with many other QBs, and consequently asks if he can take his game to another level to rise above it.

in fact, I think it was pretty clear when he said:

So how is it that other QBs are not affected by DC's "catching up" to them?

So how is it that other QBs are not affected by DC's "catching up" to them?

Well, as I said, they manage to improve at a faster rate than the DCs are able to adjust. And please don't assume that other players aren't affected by DCs adjusting to their game. They are; that's why the NFL is a constant fight to improve, adjust, innovate, etc.

It's almost as though progress isn't linear or predictable...

And seriously man, you've got to stop taking these discussions so personally.