Former Bills to Open High End Steakhouse in Buffalo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Buffalo already has the Buffalo Chophouse. Does it really need another high end steakhouse?

Nonetheless, it's cool to see ex-Bills - especially Fred - investing in the city!

“It’s not so much investing in a steakhouse as it is investing in a community we believe in, that we have a lot of love for,” said Moorman.

“Buffalo’s not just a place I plan on forgetting about,” said Jackson. “It means more to me than just a place I played football. It’s a place my family will always consider home.”

Edited by hondo in seattle

Jackson lives in Buffalo with his family during the off-season. He finished the 2015 season with the Seattle Seahawks, and is now a free agent. “We wanted a nice place that anyone could go to, have a nice steak and a good time doing it,” he said.

I think he left out a few words: “We wanted a nice place that anyone who could afford to buy a box at the stadium could go to, have a nice steak and a good time doing it,” he said.

well this turned out nicely.

Wishing them well on a local business venture. It really is a nice tradition to have Athletes transition into the business/ social environment of the "hometown "

I like it .

I know Buffalo already has the Buffalo Chophouse. Does it really need another high end steakhouse?

Nonetheless, it's cool to see ex-Bills - especially Fred - investing in the city!

Its not so much investing in a steakhouse as it is investing in a community we believe in, that we have a lot of love for, said Moorman.

Buffalos not just a place I plan on forgetting about, said Jackson. It means more to me than just a place I played football. Its a place my family will always consider home.

I would hope The entire city of Buffalo could support more than 1 steak house?!

And you wonder why most ex-athletes go broke after 5 years.

I don't know, they have a pretty strong group. The restaurateur has a following and they have the right people involved. This isn't a kitchen being run by someone's cousin. The have the guy from Oliver's involved.

I would hope The entire city of Buffalo could support more than 1 steak house?!

For the sake of these guys, I hope you're right.

I'm in the restaurant business and would worry about opening a high end steakhouse in a smaller, blue collar city that already has one.

How many people in Buffalo want to buy $50 to $100 steaks and how often?

I do like though that their concept sounds different than Buffalo Chophouse.