Former Bills to Open High End Steakhouse in Buffalo

Absolutely give it a serious sear after getting meat to optimum temp. Very high temp to get quick sear without too much time to do a lot more cooking of interior. I cook a good bit, but this is still new to me. It's like black magic for getting a meat entree just right. As NoSaint said, it feels like cheating!

long as it tastes good I'm all in :thumbsup:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do.

Its still unnatural zombie cooking.

perfect lacks personality.

ha.

Does the method work just as well for fatty cuts as lean?

I love to crisp the edge on a strip steak then move it to the "cool " side.

Welle Bellicheat seems comfortable with cheating as long as his guest have a perfect steak/ winning season

ouch I said that !!

:nana:

My father cooked with "personality", so I know what well charred meat tastes like.

I'll eat at Bellicheats for a perfect meal. I may spill some red wine on his carpets, but that would be purely an accident.

Funny story, we had about 12 people for dinner one night and the lady next to me knocked her red wine over. She reacted drastically which knocked over a candle holder with 3 round, burning candles in the middle. When the burning candle balls started rolling across the table toward other guests and the carpet, she reacted even more erratically and knocked over several more wine glasses. It was something Chevy Chase could only dream of. That was 20 years ago and we still have kitchen towels she gave us with red color splotches labeled as "Cabernet", "merlot", etc. Ahh, good times (but at the time I was screaming on the inside).

Need to stop clicking on the meat thread late at night.

Think of it as the wine tipping, fire ball rolling thread. It's then amusing at any time of day or night!

That was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed. I just wish it was someone else's white carpet soaked in red wine and wax.

My father cooked with "personality", so I know what well charred meat tastes like.

I'll eat at Bellicheats for a perfect meal. I may spill some red wine on his carpets, but that would be purely an accident.

Funny story, we had about 12 people for dinner one night and the lady next to me knocked her red wine over. She reacted drastically which knocked over a candle holder with 3 round, burning candles in the middle. When the burning candle balls started rolling across the table toward other guests and the carpet, she reacted even more erratically and knocked over several more wine glasses. It was something Chevy Chase could only dream of. That was 20 years ago and we still have kitchen towels she gave us with red color splotches labeled as "Cabernet", "merlot", etc. Ahh, good times (but at the time I was screaming on the inside).

I can only imagine the faces at the table !!!

I can only imagine the faces at the table !!!

That may not have been her first glass of wine that got knocked over to start the chain reaction of disaster..... HYSTERICAL! (Now, less so then)

That may not have been her first glass of wine that got knocked over to start the chain reaction of disaster..... HYSTERICAL! (Now, less so then)

Nice how age allows us to look back and laugh isn't it ?

that's exactly what you want. Nothing more annoying when you can cook the steak better, which for me is most of the time.

That has been my experience too.

Some of the more complicated recipes or exotic foods i will not even try to master.

But charcoal grilled Strip Steak, that's my forte. easy simple and freakin delicious although indulgent.

I have one from the local meat market as we speak, along with some half chickens getting ready for a nap in marinade overnight.

This holiday weekend is another great reason/excuse to BBq.

I will leave the New Zealand Red Deer to Joey B's to masterfully cook for us.

Happy Holiday Weekend everyone !!

We went to Rathbun's Steak in Atlanta tonight. I cannot recreate that at home. Oh my.... :)

When you get that experience it is worth every penny !!!!