Doom articles in the buffalo media are driving me nuts.

This team is far from trustworthy, that is a fact. They lie, going back many years. They mislead the fans and spin the PR machine to sell tickets. This is a business, after all, a business too many of us are deeply invested in on an emotional level. If I could flip a switch tomorrow and not have my emotions tied to their success or lack thereof I would, trust me. This is not a fun team to be a fan of.

The tone of the media coverage since the Lawson injury reveal has really started to get to me, however. Did the team lie about his situation? probably, or they were just utterly misinformed by their scouts and medical staff, which is much worse. But that's not my point. The draft the Bills had is now being lambasted. The Lawson pick was a bad pick. He's a bust before he ever suits ups. The season is doomed, again.

Relax, please. He will most likely play for the greater part of the season. If he doesn't he'll be here four more years after. He will have every chance to be a pro bowl caliber end. He didn't retire, his injury is not career-ending. He is not a QB. Him being off the field will not define the Bill chances. Neither will Ragland's aorta. Neither will Sammy Watkins missing some of camp.

It's May, and the pessimism is thick. I get it, you can't not be a pessimist if you're a fan of this team. But the way the Buffalo News has been stoking that fire is pathetic. Let me have the summer to think "maybe." Let me save my Bills depression for December.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have given them and the national media plenty of fuel lately as has been much discussed. The bottom line with all of this banter in the ubiquitous storm of negativity is it doesn't mean anything in May. My advice is to develop a good filter and enjoy the Summer. Go Bills!! :beer:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This team is far from trustworthy, that is a fact. They lie, going back many years. They mislead the fans and spin the PR machine to sell tickets. This is a business, after all, a business too many of us are deeply invested in on an emotional level. If I could flip a switch tomorrow and not have my emotions tied to their success or lack thereof I would, trust me. This is not a fun team to be a fan of.

The tone of the media coverage since the Lawson injury reveal has really started to get to me, however. Did the team lie about his situation? probably, or they were just utterly misinformed by their scouts and medical staff, which is much worse. But that's not my point. The draft the Bills had is now being lambasted. The Lawson pick was a bad pick. He's a bust before he ever suits ups. The season is doomed, again.

Relax, please. He will most likely play for the greater part of the season. If he doesn't he'll be here four more years after. He will have every chance to be a pro bowl caliber end. He didn't retire, his injury is not career-ending. He is not a QB. Him being off the field will not define the Bill chances. Neither will Ragland's aorta. Neither will Sammy Watkins missing some of camp.

It's May, and the pessimism is thick. I get it, you can't not be a pessimist if you're a fan of this team. But the way the Buffalo News has been stoking that fire is pathetic. Let me have the summer to think "maybe." Let me save my Bills depression for December.

I've been critical of the Bills this offseason - and they've deserved it - but I agree that there has been some very unfair coverage. The Buffalo News has been off the charts unfair, just ridiculous stuff coming from them. The national media has been critical, but much more fair overall. They aren't treating the Bills any differently than they would most other teams. For example, Whaley's recent comments from any other GM would have been ripped the same. Some people here are very sensitive to any criticism too. It would help this board if everyone could differentiate between: "Shaq Lawson is an excellent prospect, but was an overdraft at 19 because of the labrum tear. The Bills should have drafted another player at 19." and "Shaq Lawson is a bust." A lot here read the former as the latter.

So you open by roundly trashing the organization and then you say that it's not fair for the media to be cynical of the same organization........after the previous offseason was fawned over.........and the team showed up for the season unprepared defensively and delivered numerous embarrassingly flat, emotionless efforts.

The media is not supposed to be the hype machine to get you excited about the season.........you are thinking about BuffaloBills.com I think.

The media want to follow a winner.......the benefit of the doubt was GIVEN in huge amounts last offseason.........so after giving them a fluff for 8 months and subsequently getting that effort you can now expect the media to hold the Bills feet to the fire to either perform or make changes..........nobody likes following a losing team year after year.

I get you're sentiment. The Buff News does seem to have a negative take, or in Sullivan's case, historionic takes that defy reality. So, knowing that, I pick and choose what I engage with. In the instance of team coverage the articles and opinion pieces only have the power you give them. Don't like what you've been reading? Stop reading that particular journalist's work.

If I'm reading an article in from a national source, and it appears they don't watch the team half as much as I do, I stop reading. If you choose to engage it you are driving yourself crazy, they aren't doing it to you. Bills start winning, watch how all of the articles change up.

So the local media has been more right than wrong over the last 5-6 yrs. And the national media maybe longer.

But we disagree because we are OOO and it makes us sad to know 2016 is going to suck? Yep. OOO alright.

There's no accountability at OBD to be seen. The team sucks or is mediocre at best year after year AFTER YEAR, and the same chumps are still running the team, la-de-da.. I applaud the local media for the well-deserved thrashing they give this organization. :thumbsup:

If OBD wants to stop the bad press, feel free to start winning.

The Buffalo News top hacks (Sully,Buckwheat and Rape Case Timmy) hate the Bills and Sabres because Terry Pegula doesn't bow before them as they feel entitled too. I think it was when Pegula bought the Bills 1st question or so out of Sully was about a new stadium and wouldn't let up.They trashed the Sabres for tanking but now the team has is a upcoming team with Jack Eichel and Ryan O'Reilly amongst many. They trashed Ralph for not spending and when Terry got here they trashed him for spending. A one newspaper town allows that to happen. A few days ago one of the big 3 trashed the Mario Williams signing. Today Mark Gaungh said it was good. He must not have read the script at TBN.

...As for a new stadium, they might as well build it down here off I86 between Horseheads and Corning. Because if they build it anywhere TBN will B word.

I know what the blue ones are. What are the red ones? I prefer TD's articles over the others. He doesn't pine for the good ole days and generally tries to find a half full glass of Koolaid!