Corey Graham Ready to Make Up for 2015 Disappointment

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Buffalo native Corey Graham determined to make things right with #Bills after disappointing 2015 season https://t.co/T2zsavoTQ0

“Defense is night and day from last year, where we are at this point,” safety Corey Graham said after the Bills completed their second spring practice. “They’re doing a great job as coaches, installing everything, making sure everybody understands everything. It's a lot – I wouldn't say simpler – but it's just, easier to understand. Everything is going pretty smooth. Guys are picking it up. I like where we're at right now.”

By now, the ugly details of last season’s defensive effort don’t need to be revisited. It’s well known that Ryan’s first year in charge was a failure. Graham has seen a different approach from the coaching staff in response.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think garham was disappointing last year. He was playing with heart. His lack of ability in the system which he seemed to not fully grasp and being left to dry a few times in coverage were not lack of effort. Ability more so than effort. Hopefully we can look to tap in to what he can do this defense

I don't think garham was disappointing last year. He was playing with heart. His lack of ability in the system which he seemed to not fully grasp and being left to dry a few times in coverage were not lack of effort. Ability more so than effort. Hopefully we can look to tap in to what he can do this defense

I think his tackling numbers point out the effort from him. Graham is smart cookie. Nice to have as a Safety . Good player too.

Not hard to expect better play from him. He and Reed get along well i bet !

I agree.

Just a leader being a leader

"its my fault first"

I think his tackling numbers point out the effort from him. Graham is smart cookie. Nice to have as a Safety . Good player too.

Not hard to expect better play from him. He and Reed get along well i bet !

He was a sure tackler, but I think his coverage faultered a little last year. I recall him being the one that let the Jags take back the lead at the end of the game. Could simply be the transition to safety, could be the system, who knows? I like the guy though. Hope he steps up this year.

He was a sure tackler, but I think his coverage faultered a little last year. I recall him being the one that let the Jags take back the lead at the end of the game. Could simply be the transition to safety, could be the system, who knows? I like the guy though. Hope he steps up this year.

Big C , i recall him getting beat. On run and pass.

I recall him pissed. and i saw him frustrated.

i have to suggest a significant percentage of his struggles were breakdowns in coverage or defenses called out.

He made some nice plays at corner based on football smarts before the switch.

My prediction is he will, step up.

I believe he also got burned on that big TD against the Eagles in the first half, when the Eagles were at 3rd & 20.

Losing Aaron Williams was a huge burden for the Bills last year. Graham was left all alone with Duke & Rambo, who were inconsistent.

He did well last season, all things considered. He's a good player and he sounds very positive about the defense's approach this year.

Are you saying that Rex has not taken blame when things are not going well

Come on man.....he is usually the FIRST one to say that in his press conferences

on a whole, i havent been all that impressed with his ability to do so. though he has a few times.

Rex said we're a zillion miles ahead of last year....who will be the first to call him out?

Does he even know how many miles a ZILLION miles are!?!

Good to hear Graham saying that the instillation is going smooth and the understanding is up - we can only hope it translates to the field. Still waiting for someone to chime in with the stock "Yeah, that's all talk, let's see him back it up on the field!" (despite it not being the regular season) comment :beer:

Graham is a smart man. Towing the company line can help a player who is on the fence.

Last year players called out the scheme before the season. I remember Dareus saying he and his DL coach werent on the same page.

I doubt Graham and others would say this if it werent true. Any football X and O guy could see last year just wasnt a Rex defense.

Are you saying that Rex has not taken blame when things are not going well

Come on man.....he is usually the FIRST one to say that in his press conferences

no. No he's not. He says it talking sideways. He backs in to the statement either bringing someone else with him or leaving the bus to hit someone else. He doesn't take full credit or voich for mistakes. Belicheck does. Tomlin does. Riverea does.

Fisher and lewis don't. They do it like Rex. They don't stand there to take the sword. They don't sir there to take the brunt of the burden. That is what a leader does right or wrong, faulted or not.