The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to need to turn-in his blinders so he can see the quarterback. #screwed

He was never gonna get close enough to the QB to see him anyway. Not with a shoulder that screams, "I'M A BUST, DRAFT ME!"

GO BILLS!!!

Don't you get it?

When the Kool-Aid Krowd around here attacks posters and generally spews their own form of negativity and divisiveness, it's OK.

Maybe the Kool-Aid Crowd just needs their own Safe Space, where their delicate sensibilities can be protected from the mean things said on the internet?

The next few days will be why I sometimes hate being a Bills fan-

The negative BS about to start spewing on this site and on WGR will be monumentally ugly-

Let the negativity begin!!!!

Ok then, tell them how they should interpret todays news, you know in a non-negative way. Educate the negative masses instead of just whining about them.

Ok then, tell them how they should interpret todays news, you know in a non-negative way. Educate the negative masses instead of just whining about them.

You don't see the difference between:

"Tough break for Lawson and the team. DE/OLB is even a bigger concern than before. I hope the kid can salvage part of his rookie season."

vs.

"Whaley and the Bills medical staff are the dumbest people in the NFL."

There is no way to interpret this day's news in a positive manner. None.

Just varying levels of class in how you express your own interpretation.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills would have been better saying straight off the bat "the shoulder thing is something he has played with but it needs surgery we are going to do that straight away but we still felt the value at #19 was too good to pass".

This makes them look a tad incompetent. Wasn't it alleged that one of the 'truths' Doug Marrone spoke to the Front Office in the power struggle was that the medical and training staff were incompetent and behind the times? This news does make you think.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You don't see the difference between:

"Tough break for Lawson and the team. DE/OLB is even a bigger concern than before. I hope the kid can salvage part of his rookie season."

vs.

"Whaley and the Bills medical staff are the dumbest people in the NFL."

There is no way to interpret this day's news in a positive manner. None.

Just varying levels of class in how you express your own interpretation.

GO BILLS!!!

You are right. There are people going to both ends of the extreme on this one, but people who are going to give Whaley credit when he does something good can't just absolve him from criticism here. Teams passed on Lawson because of his shoulder. Whaley was almost boisterous when touting the evaluation ability of his medical staff, and completely dismissive of the shoulder being a problem going forward when asked at the post pick press conference. I am not saying fire the guy, but Whaley deserves some criticism, if not for the pick, then the way he sold the shoulder injury to the fans and media following the pick. He looks foolish now.

You are right. There are people going to both ends of the extreme on this one, but people who are going to give Whaley credit when he does something good can't just absolve him from criticism here. Teams passed on Lawson because of his shoulder. Whaley was almost boisterous when touting the evaluation ability of his medical staff, and completely dismissive of the shoulder being a problem going forward when asked at the post pick press conference. I am not saying fire the guy, but Whaley deserves some criticism, if not for the pick, then the way he sold the shoulder injury to the fans and media following the pick. He looks foolish now.

As I alluded to in another thread, I think Whaley is insecure about his position and either underestimates the intelligence of the fan base to deal with honest, candid answers, or he chooses to avoid a media with an ax to grind.

And his original answer at the draft isn't necessarily dishonest. Lawson played and had a monster senior with that bad shoulder and the Bills had reason to think he could do the same. May be as simple as he aggravated it in rookie camp and they are now deciding to err on the side of caution.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, you idiots!

Stand up and cheer about the first-rounder heading to surgery after we were specifically told by leadership that nothing was wrong with him.

This is why the negative people are so widely disregarded. There isn't any factual argument here. Just an irrational fan spouting off negativity about a player being injured that they were probably being negative, and doubting that he would have a great effect for us when we drafted him anyway. Wooest us, the season is now over. :rolleyes: Get a grip.

Edited by What a Tuel

I get your point, but it's not like this is the organizations first time blundering something like this.... This is a common theme. You can go all the way back to EJs rookie season, when they had an undrafted rookie QB waiting in the wings in case he went down. And sure enough, he did. Or Kujo two years ago?

For whatever reason these guys who have proven nothing in this league tend to think they are smarter then everyone else. It reeks of ineptitude.

What makes you think that the drafting of Lawson is a blunder? He had a shoulder issue that the Bills were aware of but thought that he could play through it this season. It didn't work out in the most favorable way.The organization quickly took the surgery route to fix the issue. The real issue is not that he has to have surgery but it is what caliber of player does he turn out to be? If not sooner, then a little later.

Maybe because he had question marks about his shoulder other teams passed on him who were interested in him. If it turns out that in the not too distant future he becomes a good player for us then what was questionable about his health worked out in our favor.

The Cowboys drafted Smith, the LB from Notre Dame, in the second round knowing that he would probably sit out this upcoming season. Did they take a risk? Yes. Jacksonville drafted Myles Jack near the top of the second round. They were aware of his problematic knee but still were willing to invest a high pick on him. The point I'm making referring to these players with known injuries is that if you are going to take a risk then take the risk on a talent.