Obama's Foreign Policy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go Congress does another stupid thing just b.c our president is not Republican they didn't read the law and vetoed him like the idiots they are. Now they are regretting doing so but instead of blaming themselves they blame Obama. Our Congress is who runs this country not the president, and they are killing us with stupid bull **** like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/obama-911-veto-congressional-concerns/index.html

Republicans won't allow Democratic ideas and Democrats don't allowed Republican ideas. It doesn't matter if one benefits the country depending on your side is the only thing that matters. It has been killing this country and it was never the President's doing even when Bush was in office.

Here we go Congress does another stupid thing just b.c our president is not Republican they didn't read the law and vetoed him like the idiots they are. Now they are regretting doing so but instead of blaming themselves they blame Obama. Our Congress is who runs this country not the president, and they are killing us with stupid bull **** like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/obama-911-veto-congressional-concerns/index.html

Republicans won't allow Democratic ideas and Democrats don't allowed Republican ideas. It doesn't matter if one benefits the country depending on your side is the only thing that matters. It has been killing this country and it was never the President's doing even when Bush was in office.

Wait, how many Dems voted for it? What's their excuse? And it's an easy fix unlike, say, Obamacrap.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/obama-911-veto-congressional-concerns/index.htmlRepublicans won't allow Democratic ideas and Democrats don't allowed Republican ideas. It doesn't matter if one benefits the country depending on your side is the only thing that matters. It has been killing this country and it was never the President's doing even when Bush was in office.

Didn't Chuck Schumer write and sponsor that law?

Chuck Schumer.

You mean like the ACA which Stretch Pelosi said they had to pass before they could know what was in it? Jerky indeed.

What the hell are you talking about?

The Bill in question was written by a Democrat, and the veto override vote was one of the most bipartisan legislative occurrences in recent memory.

The Senate vote was 97-1 and the House vote was 348-77. When the Bill was originally proposed on the floor of Congress two weeks ago, it was passed unanimously by the House, with not one member of the body speaking a single word of opposition to the legislation. Literally hundreds of Democrats voted in favor of the Bill, or opposition to the sitting Democratic President.

There have been plenty of instances where Congress has fractured along party lines to the detriment of the country. This isn't one of them.

This was an example of party unity to the detriment of the country.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

d7b16f02_6821_4fb5_b0a1_86e435a55b88.jpg

“I could somehow see myself in his story, and he could see himself in mine,” said Obama,

Obama on Peres:

It's always about you.........isn't it Barack ?

just a few more months of embarrassment left for the U.S

For a president who has 111 days left on the clock until he starts his own path forward and who’s told people that he wants his post-presidency to be greater than the eight years in office

Low bar...

I wish he'd take a page out of Bush's book and just go away. Or even take a page out of Bill's book, and just commit himself to what he enjoys most (golf...and in Bill's case, whoring) and stop bothering us.

Meanwhile, an estimated 10,000 Syrian-led troops have gathered in advance of what is believed to be a possible final ground assault by Syrian forces against rebels in Aleppo.

Sputnik reported that Russian's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said, "If the US launches a direct aggression against Damascus and the Syrian army, it will lead to terrible, tectonic shifts not only on the territory of this country but also in the region in general."

She said the United States risked creating a power vacuum in Syria were it to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Such a power vacuum would be filled by "terrorists of all sorts," Sputnik reported.

a destroyed country, millions of refugees, what a mess

Meanwhile, an estimated 10,000 Syrian-led troops have gathered in advance of what is believed to be a possible final ground assault by Syrian forces against rebels in Aleppo.
Sputnik reported that Russian's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said, "If the US launches a direct aggression against Damascus and the Syrian army, it will lead to terrible, tectonic shifts not only on the territory of this country but also in the region in general."
She said the United States risked creating a power vacuum in Syria were it to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Such a power vacuum would be filled by "terrorists of all sorts," Sputnik reported.
a destroyed country, millions of refugees, what a mess

Call the rebels what they are, ISIS and Al-Qaeda fighters.

Oh, wait, we can't do that... that'd be too honest for the American people to handle.

Call the rebels what they are, ISIS and Al-Qaeda fighters.

Oh, wait, we can't do that... that'd be too honest for the American people to handle.

Not all of them, but thanks for the misdirection.

Meanwhile, Assad & Russians bomb another hospital. Such nice boys.

Not all of them, but thanks for the misdirection.

Meanwhile, Assad & Russians bomb another hospital. Such nice boys.

"Not all of them" :lol: Way to equivocate and follow it up with a whataboutism. You got nothing in this area and continue to demonstrate you're just a blind jingoist. I get it, you want to make everyone's life better by wishing they were helped by the same folks who burn children, decapitate widows and bomb our cities because "Putin bad!"

To quote a relevant pop culture touchstone: if you stand for nothing, what will you fall for?

...Oh, right, you'll fall for believing that the war on terror is actually about fighting terrorism (it isn't) and nation building is a realistic US foreign policy strategy that makes the world a safer place (it doesn't). :rolleyes:

"Not all of them" :lol: Way to equivocate and follow it up with a whataboutism. You got nothing in this area and continue to demonstrate you're just a blind jingoist. I get it, you want to make everyone's life better by wishing they were helped by the same folks who burn children, decapitate widows and bomb our cities because "Putin bad!"

He's right though. They aren't all a part of ISIS or Al Qaeda as you wrongly suggested, If I understood you correctly. Did you not suggest that?

Anyone who has a strong grasp of what is going on in the middle east understands that Assad is part of the problem. What is the resolution? I don't know but I do know that Assad staying in power does nothing to deescalate the tensions in Syria.

He's right though. They aren't all a part of ISIS or Al Qaeda as you wrongly suggested, If I understood you correctly. Did you not suggest that?

Anyone who has a strong grasp of what is going on in the middle east understands that Assad is part of the problem. What is the resolution? I don't know but I do know that Assad staying in power does nothing to deescalate the tensions in Syria.

I didn't say they're all ISIS. GG is equivocating because he refuses to discuss the topic. He would rather avoid it and take shots at anyone who questions American policy as being closeted Putin supporters.

Because he's a jingoist.

He's not being honest about Syria. He's changed his story several times. At first it was about the pipelines, then when I point out we are really there on Exxon and Chevron's behalf he switches it to it being about Assad and Putin. When I bring up we're supporting, arming, funding, training, and sharing intelligence with ISIS and Al-Qaeda fighters in Syria while simultaneously running around the world saying we need to crush ISIS and using them as the reason we need to strip back basic constitutional protections, he resorts to whataboutisms.

If that doesn't open your eyes to the true motives of the American intervention in Syria and the War on Terror nothing will.

GG is a jingoistic neocon who has said he believes wishing for better lives for people is what nation building is about. He's wrong. And he's been propagandized to the extreme. The truth is we don't have a mission in Syria other than to destabilize it.

There's no greater plan, the boots on the ground who I have spoken to personally tell me the plan is as simple as to replace one bad guy with even worse guys. That's what we've done for decades as a country and it never works. It won't work in Syria either.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

To quote a relevant pop culture touchstone: if you stand for nothing, what will you fall for?

...Oh, right, you'll fall for believing that the war on terror is actually about fighting terrorism (it isn't) and nation building is a realistic US foreign policy strategy that makes the world a safer place (it doesn't). :rolleyes:

Oh please, this is the wrong forum to spout off ignorance and you will always be called out for it.

There is precious irony that you expect a concrete solution in a thread titled "Obama's Foreign Policy" when everyone is telling you that Obama's "foreign policy" is probably the main reason for the humanitarian disaster that's going on in Mid East. There's no easy solution to what's transpired there in the last 13 years, but it's also clear that Obama & Team have made the situation much worse and have boxed themselves in.

Is the US involved with some unsavory characters? Yes. But is the US support going to ISIS/AQ? Tangentially, probably. Directly, absolutely not.

In your quest for the conspiracy that US is doing all of these things to install martial law here is asinine on surface, and doubly worse in the way they are going about it if that were the case.

The harsh reality is that Obama finally got a cold slap in the face that a hands-off approach to Mid East is a much more dangerous approach than active involvement. Too bad he got that lesson a bit too late.

Here's a question for you. Do you think that US and Western societies would be safer if they simply withdrew military engagement from Mid East, as you propose?

I didn't say they're all ISIS. GG is equivocating because he refuses to discuss the topic. He would rather avoid it and take shots at anyone who questions American policy as being closeted Putin supporters.

Utter baloney. In nearly every post you equate US involvement as direct aid to ISIS/AQ.

Again with the pipelines. The pipelines were discussed in relation to Black Sea, not Syria. That's why Putin invaded Georgia and is pressuring Ukraine. Check your globe to see where Syria sits in relation to the Black Sea.

Your claims on Chevron and Exxon are hollow because you like to post sensationalist news sources that you never fact check, like bringing up the corrupt Ecuadorian lawsuit against Chevron, which was soundly rebuked. Like promoting half-truths in your crusade against the Keystone pipeline, until you got smacked with facts in that one, so you stopped yammering about it.

Like warning us about the coming police state, when there's nothing remotely supporting it. While you're profiting from an industry that's done more privacy intrusions into people's lives than any government action known to man.

But I'm the jingoistic one.

Edited by GG