Obama's Foreign Policy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an insult to Richie

I know and I feel bad but it was the first reference that popped into my head. i know of a lot of pompous hoity toity types who literally lose everything they do and keep coming back for more but they are not really famous. Richie wasn't pompous or hoity toity.

It is hard to think of someone that compares with Kerry for:

Losing

Being a wimp

Talking down to people

Having his agreements be ignored

Making up crap about his countrymen

Proclaiming victory in the face of facts showing utter and complete failure

Sailing on vessels his wife purchased

Thinking James Taylor singing will solve all of the above

You have to hand it to the guy, he is the complete package.

I know and I feel bad but it was the first reference that popped into my head. i know of a lot of pompous hoity toity types who literally lose everything they do and keep coming back for more but they are not really famous. Richie wasn't pompous or hoity toity.

Losing

Being a wimp

Talking down to people

Sailing on vessels his wife purchased

and loves to hear himself talk.

Losing

Being a wimp

Talking down to people

Sailing on vessels his wife purchased and having them registered in Rhode Island instead of Massachusetts to avoid the state tax on luxury boats.

Gee, raise your hand if you're surprised to find Harry Reid with his nose firmly up Obama's puckerhole.

I am not a huge fan of Obama but I see his point of view on this. It is an awful big can of worms and the burden of proof will be extremely difficult. Plus 97 Senators agreeing on something almost has to make it wrong.

I am not a huge fan of Obama but I see his point of view on this. It is an awful big can of worms and the burden of proof will be extremely difficult. Plus 97 Senators agreeing on something almost has to make it wrong.

You would be correct.

Let's put it this way, even Krauthammer agrees with Obama.

Senate rebukes Obama, rejects his 9/11 lawsuit veto in overwhelming vote

More:

The Senate voted 97-1 to override Obama’s veto, and the only no vote was from Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.”

This will be fun, when every single person in Iraq and Libya (among others - Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Iran,...) decide to sue the US government.

When Harry Reid votes against a bill written by Chuck Schumer, it's really hard to know what's right...

Parallel thinking apparently is an art.

John Kerry threatens the Russians

Natlamp73.jpg?resize=110%2C85 Secretary of State John Kerry has threatened to stop talking with the Russians if they and their Syrian ally don’t quit bombing Aleppo. So New York Times reporter Michael Gordon lets on at the top of his story “Syria talks will end if Aleppo bombing continues, U.S. tells Russia.”

Russia was invited into Syria to help in their defense. We are there without an invitation, and in violation of nearly every international law, training, funding, and sharing intelligence with ISIS fighters and Kerry thinks we somehow have the right to tell Russia to stop?

It's like the US wants to start WW3. Because we're broke. Because we have no direction and have lost whatever moral high ground we once held.

Nah... that's just nuts.

CHOOSING THE STRONG HORSE: Philippine leader to end drills with U.S. that “China does not want”

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said he was giving notice to the United States, his country’s long-standing ally, that joint exercises of Filipino and American troops next week will be the last such drills.

He told the Filipino community in Hanoi late Wednesday night that he will maintain the military alliance with the U.S. because of the countries’ 1951 defense treaty. But he added next week’s exercises will proceed only because he did not want to embarrass his defense secretary.

Duterte said during a two-day visit to meet Vietnam’s leaders that he wants to establish new trade and commercial alliances with China and Russia, and that the war games were something Beijing does not want.

“I would serve notice to you now that this will be the last military exercise,” he said. “Jointly, Philippines-US, the last one.”

I could have sworn we pivoted to Asia.