Bills to retire #78 jersey at home opener

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@buffalobills Managing Partner & President Russ Brandon’s statement about the #Bills retiring Bruce Smith’s No. 78

CiLNFTkUoAInHw0.jpg
Great news and well deserved!

@buffalobills

78. Forever Bruce Smith. The Bills will retire the legend's number at our 2016 home opener! http://bufbills.co/kDu4tA

CiLNJmUWwAAEj7c.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

one tweet stated they're doing #34 next season....maybe #83 in the worx for 2019 season?

gratz #78 :worthy: :worthy: :thumbsup:

heres that tweet: Buffalo News Sports @TBNSports 16m16 minutes ago

Buffalo News Sports Retweeted Buffalo News Sports

The #Bills previously retired Jim Kelly's No. 12 and are expected to retire Thurman Thomas' No. 34 next season.

Edited by Tsaikotic

They won't be booing - they'll be screaming Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The time he smoked boomer when the bills were playing the jets at home. Freightrain up around and edge and leveling him

I was sitting 6 rows up on the 50 on the Jets side during that game where he knocked Boomer out...it was right in front of me..remember everyone harassing Boomer as he sat on the bench (cant remember how log he sat there tho or if they took him inside after a bit)...most likely with a concussion but they didn't do anything for those back then...great times

Edited by Tsaikotic

I was sitting 6 rows up on the 50 on the Jets side during that game where he knocked Boomer out...it was right in front of me..remember everyone harassing Boomer as he sat on the bench (cant remember how log he sat there tho or if they took him inside after a bit)...most likely with a concussion but they didn't do anything for those back then...great times

Didn't Bruce do the same to Jeff George against the Colts in 1990? Ended his day with one play.

What a sight to see! #78 just terrorized backfields and QBs! It was a privilege just to watch him play! I'm thankful that I got to watch him play live, The Ralph would just rock when that defense was clicking and all one would hear was BBRRUUUUCCCEE!!!

Didn't Bruce do the same to Jeff George against the Colts in 1990? Ended his day with one play.

not sure...1990 I would have been in high school and honestly I didn't really start paying real attention to football till like 1991-92..I mean I watched games but didn't really "follow" football till after I went to my first game sometime around 91-92 season...something about seeing it live just cliked in me

Edited by Tsaikotic