Shady's value to the Bills...

If Shady couldn't muster a statement year with all the motivation he had last year......well let's say I have my doubts. :rolleyes:

As for the wager:

Absolutely! And if Shady isn't on the team when the season starts you gotta' do the same but your screen name will be #BADOL WAS RIGHT :(:thumbsup:

No...not you

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll forego the 7 yard gain to cut outside and try to make a big play. And then come back and do the same the next play. Sometimes that results in less yardage. He's also one of the most elusive backs there is so you win some you lose some. He regularly makes something out of nothing, though G Ro doesn't need his backs to do that as much as past Bills coaches have because he knows how to open holes for em.

McCoy is insistent on choosing his own hole which to me works better in a more spread offense like Andy Reid's or Chip's. Roman's offense is power run designed for a back to set up his blocks and get up the field in a hurry. One cut runners with power to tack on yards at the end of the run are the optimal fit.

It'll work fine because he's a good back working with the best run game coordinator in the league. There were 2 or 3 games this year we wouldn't have won without standout performances from Shady including Color Rush against the Jets, shouldn't be overlooked. But in this system we'll squeeze more juice from a back of the same caliber but who moves up the field aggressively and wants to go with the play and grind.

Just one take o course, I don't foresee a huge dropoff when he moves on.

Those 7 yard gains you are talking about actually turned into a number of long TD runs for Karlos and MG.

McCoy, by contrast, had one long TD run(40+ yard home vs. Miami).

Sometimes people need to listen to what is being said......in the Eagles game Wilcots was calling out McCoy for not cutting the ball back into the designed running lanes......then Gillislee gets put in, does it, and almost immediately produces a long TD run.

it really is that obvious.

The only argument that can be made against the fact that Karlos and MG were more productive options than Shady would be to infer that teams had game-planned for McCoy knowing that he tries to run every ball out of bounds :lol: .......so when the other backs came in they hadn't prepared for backs actually following the blocks. It would be a huge stretch.......but at least it would be an excuse for why Shady was so much less impactful when carrying the ball.

Trick question. Based on last year - maybe. Injuries and the Philly game raise an eyebrow for me. Let's evaluate him on each quarter of the upcoming season. I think that would be fair. If you want me to wager I would say yes. I do think he will be a value compared to the cap hit.

This is not debatable.

This. if you think either Karlos, gillislee or Williams can replace McCoy and we wouldn't see a drop off should pass the pipe over here. When we signed him to the extension I questioned whether we paid him too much. Then I saw him play. I didn't give him as much credit as I should have while he was in philly. He is a special player. Special players get paid. We may have this debate in a few years and the answer may differ, but as of now, shady is worth it

I know. How can anyone be so skeptical considering our success as of late?

If you can't be optimistic in the off-season...what's the point of being fan....a few of you criticize every move that's made here....

Those 7 yard gains you are talking about actually turned into a number of long TD runs for Karlos and MG.

McCoy, by contrast, had one long TD run(40+ yard home vs. Miami).

Sometimes people need to listen to what is being said......in the Eagles game Wilcots was calling out McCoy for not cutting the ball back into the designed running lanes......then Gillislee gets put in, does it, and almost immediately produces a long TD run.

it really is that obvious.

The only argument that can be made against the fact that Karlos and MG were more productive options than Shady would be to infer that teams had game-planned for McCoy knowing that he tries to run every ball out of bounds :lol: .......so when the other backs came in they hadn't prepared for backs actually following the blocks. It would be a huge stretch.......but at least it would be an excuse for why Shady was so much less impactful when carrying the ball.

Tries to run every ball out of bounds. no you stinker that would literally be CJ Spiller :lol: :lol: Edited by Aaron

If you can't be optimistic in the off-season...what's the point of being fan....a few of you criticize every move that's made here....

Don't worry, even if we started winning, it would be the "doomed" sentiment that the window is closing, and we are wasting time. The faces may come and go, but the negativity is here to stay. See it on the Patriots forums, the Broncos..etc naysayers are everywhere no matter the circumstance.

As for the topic, I believe Shady is certainly worth it to the Bills. Watkins absence was part of it, but the Titan's game is remincsent of that fact. Would there be similar arguments about Sammy if he wasn't on a rookie contract right now?

Edited by What a Tuel

If Shady couldn't muster a statement year with all the motivation he had last year......well let's say I have my doubts. :rolleyes:

As for the wager:

Absolutely! And if Shady isn't on the team when the season starts you gotta' do the same but your screen name will be #BADOL WAS RIGHT :( :thumbsup:

No problems with that. :beer:

This. if you think either Karlos, gillislee or Williams can replace McCoy and we wouldn't see a drop off should pass the pipe over here. When we signed him to the extension I questioned whether we paid him too much. Then I saw him play. I didn't give him as much credit as I should have while he was in philly. He is a special player. Special players get paid. We may have this debate in a few years and the answer may differ, but as of now, shady is worth it

what is with people and pipes and drugs ?

can't we just be delusional clean and sober?

Injuries are an issue, but we balance him out with some very cheap talent at the rest of the position. I can live with that.

as long as his throwing arm is healthy

what is with people and pipes and drugs ?

can't we just be delusional clean and sober?

as long as his throwing arm is healthy

1) We all need to be versatile. I can be delusional in any state.

2) Why? So he can make it rain?

This is Shadys last year as a Bill.

You don't pay a RB that much money, IMO. Once we have to pay Tyrod he will be forced to take a pay cut(which he won't take) and he will be gone.

Totally agree

I know. How can anyone be so skeptical considering our success as of late?

Scott...you're supposed to be a real fan. And real fans support the team regardless of previous results because emotions always trump logic in fandom.

:lol:

Williams and gillislee cannot make up for Shady in any way whatsoever. It's kind of strange that every time we actually have a good player or we're paying a good player, people just want to get rid of them or trade them. It's not our money, he's not the highest paid RB, he's not a detriment to the team (as of now). When Shady is on the field he commands extra attention, which in turn helps a ton with play action passing and in the passing game in general.

He's gone by 2018. He should be gone by 2017. I'd have never resigned him. He is a quarter of a dozen back. You can get equal production out of a rookie. Or udfa. In a good offense in the right system the Rb can be plug and play. Only 3-4 rbs are truly transcendental. That take over a game, a scheme and carry their team. And that's not because their skill. Jon Stewart was a major been factor of newton ad vice versa.

Adrian Peterson the surpreme back