2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

@theMMQB

The first College Column Mock Draft includes three quarterbacks, but only one off the board in the first five picks: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/04/2017-nfl-draft-first-round-myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-mitch-trubisky-san-francisco-49ers

No. 10 Buffalo Bills: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

It’s been an ugly week in Western New York, and when the dust settles—with a new head coach—I think Buffalo is ready to make the leap. There’s talent on the Bills’ roster, the only thing they haven’t been able to figure out is quarterback. It looks like Tyrod Taylor’s time in Buffalo may be done. Doug Whaley whiffed on EJ Manuel, and will try to right that wrong by selecting Watson here.

Blitz, though I'm not his agent, I'd ask you to go to draft breakdown and watch the video of Chad Kelly vs Alabama and LSU. Then imagine him running the spread and throwing to the likes of Clay, Sammy, Robert Woods and Corey Davis. With Shady in the backfield and Kelly's threat to pull the ball out and run. I think Kelly is more talented than Watson and had he not the off field problems, he'd be the top QB coming out. The only thing that bothers me about Chad is the two ACL surgeries on the same knee. I think with the right support system his off field problems could be curtailed.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitz, though I'm not his agent, I'd ask you to go to draft breakdown and watch the video of Chad Kelly vs Alabama and LSU. Then imagine him running the spread and throwing to the likes of Clay, Sammy, Robert Woods and Corey Davis. With Shady in the backfield and Kelly's threat to pull the ball out and run. I think Kelly is more talented than Watson and had he not the off field problems, he'd be the top QB coming out. The only thing that bothers me about Chad is the two ACL surgeries on the same knee. I think with the right support system his off field problems could be curtailed.

I could not disagree any more with your opinion. I'm not a Chad Kelly fan at all. I do not like his on-field decision making as a QB and don't get me started on him with his off the field behavior. I want no part of this kid.

If you want to have a team that plays maturely and responsibly you don't bring in people who have consistently demonstrated their immaturity, especially at a position that calls for leadership. When I saw the clip of him jumping out of the stands in a high school game to defend his brother it became clear to me that I don't want such an impulsive and uncontrollable idiot/fool being our qb.

I could not disagree any more with your opinion. I'm not a Chad Kelly fan at all. I do not like his on-field decision making as a QB and don't get me started on him with his off the field behavior. I want no part of this kid.

If you want to have a team that plays maturely and responsibly you don't bring in people who have consistently demonstrated their immaturity, especially at a position that calls for leadership. When I saw the clip of him jumping out of the stands in a high school game to defend his brother it became clear to me that I don't want such an impulsive and uncontrollable idiot/fool being our qb.

I appreciate your opinions. His play on video is inspiring.

In their new mock, Walter Football matches up the Bills and Watson with the 44th pick. http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_2.php

I'll go out on a limb and say he'll never last that long...

I'm not saying he'll go top 5 either...We'll see...But Watson has too much upside for all 32 teams to pass once and a couple to pass twice...Someone is going to take a swing... B-)

I'll go out on a limb and say he'll never last that long...

I'm not saying he'll go top 5 either...We'll see...But Watson has too much upside for all 32 teams to pass once and a couple to pass twice...Someone is going to take a swing... B-)

He won't even make it to 10.

Here's my (very) early top 10:

1. Jonathan Allen - DL/Alabama

2. Tim Williams - EDGE/Alabama

3. Myles Garrett - EDGE/Texas A&M

4. Malik Hooker - S/Ohio State

5. Dalvin Cook - RB/Florida State

6. Corey Davis - WR/W. Michigan

7. Marlon Humphrey - CB/Alabama

8. Derek Barnett - EDGE/Tennessee

9. Desmond King - CB/Iowa

10. Marshon Lattimore - CB/Ohio State

Yeah--lots of EDGE guys and cover guys up top this year. Keep in mind that I haven't done a ton of work on QBs, pass catchers, or LBs just yet, so this is very fluid.

It's always fluid, lol. Tim Williams is a guy I could see flying up boards with a Von Miller like combine, the best pure pass rusher in the draft, I'm still trying to figure out his run stopping ability. No Jamal Adams?

I am interested to hear your thoughts on King? I'm in the he's a potential elite safety boat myself, he seems at his best with his eyes on the QB and his best coverage plays are out of zone coverage reading and reacting, his worst seem in man, the Perdue game I though showed this in his + and - plays in that game. Good physicality and IQ for sure. I don't see the long speed with him to cover the deep field in man, IMO he's pretty restricted to zone schemes, reminds me of Rhonde Barber a lot and he would be a amazing Tampa two corner.

I agree with the secondary and Edge/DE/OLB/Hybrid being loaded 100%

Temple LT Dion Dawkins is a pretty good prospect. Big, long, athletic dude. Decent feet in pass pro, just needs to correct a couple of issues with lunging into contact. Heavy handed run blocker, can pull and get to the 2nd level effectively. Not a Day 1 starter but someone worth an investment. Dawkins is Senior Bowl and Combine bound. Played with Shaq Lawson at Hargrave Military Academy in 2012.

Also, Owls RB Jahad Thomas is magnificent. He has some of the best 1 yard runs you'll ever see. He's got NFL 3rd down back written all over him, can also carry the load in case of injury. Shifty little bastard that'll run between the tackles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.