2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

He could also be reigned in by his uncle and be pretty damn good. The tape don't lie!!

You mean the digitally rendered video don't lie.

I have joined in SDS's call to stop using antiquated terminology.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my buddies in SoCal know, my son was a coach @ a Big South school in No Carolina & is now going to coach in a newly formed "American" Football league in Australia (which they are calling "Gridiron"; down under). Anyway he is good friends w/ an NFC Head coach(phone calls about once every two weeks) and my son's closest friend is currently a scout for an NFC south team. The only reason to bore you with this is to say that he e-mailed me a list of players with some notes (not full scouting reports) on many of the players in this draft. Being a draftnerd for 45 years, he is living the dream I never had the talent to do. For what it's worth ----> this is mostly from the NFC South scout, there are eight Level 1 (elite) players this year: Defense(6):Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster, Marshon Lattimore, Jamal Adams, & Mailk Hooker. Offense(2):Dalvin Cook & Leonard Fournette. Eight Level 2 players: Defense(5) Jabrill Peppers, Haason Reddick, Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett, & Marlon Humphrey. Offense(3) OJ Howard, Corey Davis & Mike Williams There were 5 levels that he sent me but I won't bore you with the rest unless you're a nerd like me in which case you can PM me. But my son didn't have any indication as to a rating within the levels. Again, take it for what it's worth, just thought it was an interesting read, especially about the mental make-up of a few players. Finally, One note from a scout was hilarious....questioning the sanity of a DB from Florida (Tabor). Sorry for the length of post. Go Whaley/Bills !!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

As my buddies in SoCal know, my son was a coach @ a Big South school in No Carolina & is now going to coach in a newly formed "American" Football league in Australia (which they are calling "Gridiron"; down under). Anyway he is good friends w/ an NFC Head coach(phone calls about once every two weeks) and my son's closest friend is currently a scout for an NFC south team. The only reason to bore you with this is to say that he e-mailed me a list of players with some notes (not full scouting reports) on many of the players in this draft. Being a draftnerd for 45 years, he is living the dream I never had the talent to do. For what it's worth ----> this is mostly from the NFC South scout, there are eight Level 1 (elite) players this year: Defense(6):Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster, Marshon Lattimore, Jamal Adams, & Mailk Hooker. Offense(2):Dalvin Cook & Leonard Fournette. Eight Level 2 players: Defense(5) Jabrill Peppers, Haason Reddick, Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett, & Marlon Humphrey. Offense(3) OJ Howard, Corey Davis & Mike Williams There were 5 levels that he sent me but I won't bore you with the rest unless you're a nerd like me in which case you can PM me. But my son didn't have any indication as to a rating within the levels. Again, take it for what it's worth, just thought it was an interesting read, especially about the mental make-up of a few players. Finally, One note from a scout was hilarious....questioning the sanity of a DB from Florida (Tabor). Sorry for the length of post. Go Whaley/Bills !!

good info! Any insight on where they had the QBs ranked, or which tiers? Thanks!

First post combine Mock. Mock it as you will.

I prefer to trade down from 10 but not shelling on any money to do so on Fanspeak

10: R1P10

WR COREY DAVIS

WESTERN MICHIGAN

44: R2P12

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

75: R3P11

OT ADAM BISNOWATY

PITT

156: R5P12

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

171: R5P27

WR JALEN ROBINETTE

AIR FORCE

195: R6P11

TE SCOTT ORNDOFF

PITT

Edited by YoloinOhio

He could also be reigned in by his uncle and be pretty damn good. The tape don't lie!!

Really, reigned in by a 50+ something. Is Jim gonna room with him? Patrick Kane comes home during the summer and constantly goes out partying with his buddies! You think a 22 year old isn't gonna go partying in his hometown? Put down whatever you have.

And if the tape is so good, why isn't he ranked in the top of QB's?

I prefer to trade down from 10 but not shelling on any money to do so on Fanspeak

WR COREY DAVIS

WESTERN MICHIGAN

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

OT ADAM BISNOWATY

PITT

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

WR JALEN ROBINETTE

AIR FORCE

TE SCOTT ORNDOFF

PITT

Sound like Corey Davis has is stick falling. Not a fan of Mike Williams, lack of speed worries me. More of a post up type guy. Pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd round guys won't last until the Bills pick.

Really, reigned in by a 50+ something. Is Jim gonna room with him? Patrick Kane comes home during the summer and constantly goes out partying with his buddies! You think a 22 year old isn't gonna go partying in his hometown? Put down whatever you have.

Sound like Corey Davis has is stick falling. Not a fan of Mike Williams, lack of speed worries me. More of a post up type guy. Pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd round guys won't last until the Bills pick.

every time I do a mock, Mike Williams is gone before 10 and Davis is there

No reason not to draft Kelly with a late round pick. This team is so boring we need something to watch.

he's not going undrafted

Drafting Kelly would be worse than stupid. The kid is a partier and you are gonna have him in his hometown with all his buddies.

What could possibility go wrong?

Plus if he was bad, he'd never hear the end of it. Your uncle was awesome and you suck!

he's not a teenager anymore, other than the so called event at his brothers game he has kept himself out of trouble for two years. He has more talent than any QB in this draft. His biggest problem is poor decision making which is something that can be fixed.

You don't skip on QB just in case he "might" suck, no player is guaranteed and a QB with Talent shouldn't be passed up, especially for this franchise which hasn't had a good QB since his uncle.

You mean the digitally rendered video don't lie.

I have joined in SDS's call to stop using antiquated terminology.

you mean like video, no ones uses that anymore, it's all digital now.

got a link, really curious in the mental makeup as that can really seperate the booms from the busts

WR COREY DAVIS

WESTERN MICHIGAN

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

OT ADAM BISNOWATY

PITT

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

WR JALEN ROBINETTE

AIR FORCE

TE SCOTT ORNDOFF

PITT

Is Scott related to Mr Wondeful Paul Orndorf?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

WR COREY DAVIS

WESTERN MICHIGAN

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

OT ADAM BISNOWATY

PITT

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

WR JALEN ROBINETTE

AIR FORCE

TE SCOTT ORNDOFF

PITT

Very solid, not sure Baker or Robinette make it that far, especially Baker after his pro day now (more than ever). If one were to believe the concensus feeling on Davis, it's entirely possible they could move back and still get him. Trading back would be great and staying at 10 could easily net the Bills a great player, either way I like the position there in, I think there will be options for them and good ones at that.

He isn't ranked at the top because of injury and past off the field incidents. As far as his talent goes, Bill Polian said he's the best of the class.

Bill Polian also claims that he knew Brady would be great. He's become a crazy old man.

yea and said he only didnt draft him because he had Peyton....ok...but you pass on the next great QB 5 times just because you already have a starter???? No, you at least take him for a quality backup or trade bait lol...crazy old man

Bill Polian also claims that he knew Brady would be great. He's become a crazy old man.

When Seattle drafted Russel Wilson he said that it had to be understood that they drafted him as a backup because that's what he would be in this league.

Bill Polian was on the Murph show not too long ago at the draft. He was talking about his days with the Bills. I was very impressed when he was talking about their scouting approach regarding physical parameters and their psychological testing by outside phychologists. He laughingly described his approach as an analytical approach before it became a mainstay evaluation tool. He may now be a considered an "old timer" but when he was with Buffalo he was a man ahead of the time. His stint with the Bills were certainly a golden era that hasn't existed since. When Ralph fired Polian it was the point of demarcation when this team's fortunes went south. Sadly, more than a generation has passed by and little has changed. I'm hoping with the hiring of McDermott and a more experienced and chastened ownership that the direction will be upwards.

In my Martin Lawrence voice, show Bill Polian some respect!! He's a HOFer.

Our friend rquinn619 did a scouting report on Chad and said he's the real deal. Is he a crazy old man too?

Chad has ability, he makes poor decisions on and off the field. Couple that with his recent ACL injury and he is a longshot. No one questions whether or not Chad has the talent to play in the NFL, Ryan Leaf did too.

Polian is a crazy old man because he is playing MMQB on the Brady draft. He apparently knew he'd be great. He also thought Russell Wilson was a backup. He was a great GM 20 years ago. There is no denying that. The game evolves and technology levels the playing field.

In my Martin Lawrence voice, show Bill Polian some respect!! He's a HOFer.

Our friend rquinn619 did a scouting report on Chad and said he's the real deal. Is he a crazy old man too?

Rob certainly ain't old :D

We all see things from a different perspective. I've overlooked some concerns before with players, focusing on the talent, I'm not going to be a hypocrite and lie. I'm strictly of the belief that with Chad, the talent is a little overstated yet it exists. Although I think the talent in Chad's case is curbed by his maturity issues and decision making.

I wish the kid well, nothing more I like than a good redemption story. I just don't want my team taking the chance. Similar approach that I took with Johnny Manziel, although they are different people.

I'd roll the dice on him in round 5 or 6 if he's there. I don't have a lot of confidence based on his apparent character issues, but I love the way he slings it. Worth taking a shot at if we don't draft a qb prior to that

http://first-pick.com/NFL/Share.aspx?id=22a99192-bfa5-4d71-b72a-71ac9e9453ad

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (ARI): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ARI): TreDavious White, CB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (PITT): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (SEA): Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (K.C.): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (B-)
Round 3 Pick 30 (PITT): David Sharpe, OT, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 40 (K.C.): Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Davis Webb, QB, California (B)
Round 4 Pick 25 (K.C.): Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas (D+)

There you go Doug, all you have to do and we'll all be happy.

He isn't ranked at the top because of injury and past off the field incidents. As far as his talent goes, Bill Polian said he's the best of the class.

Mayock said if you take out the baggage, Kelly has second round talent . So that could line up with CK being the best pro QB in this class.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.