RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

There was a more asinine comparison than a certain poster who insisted that Dick Jauron was the head coaching equal to Bill Belichick?

And maintained that stance religiously until Dick finally peed his last drop?

Is that possible?

:lol: That one is classic, no question. But I don't think it's the winner. Not when it's a doctor saying major surgery on a vital organ in a cancer riddled patient who was in his 60s (and was performed 30 plus years ago) is comparable in any meaningful way to Lawson's shoulder surgery. By any metric, I think that's your blue ribbon winner in absurdity.

Mario for Skelton is in the running for the crown as well... (I kid, Barbarian. :beer:)

WR? The crop this year was week......might have gotten into a situation like we did that weak draft with Hardy.

Not necessarily true. Three WR in a row came off the board shortly after the Bills took Shaq. I would have been very happy with Treadwell at 19.

Just because they were available to pick does not mean they would be better players

Treadwell is SLOW.....there is a reason why these WR's fell

I swear John, sometimes you seem to be impervious to logic...Of course the fact that three WRs came off the board almost immediately after the Bills' pick doesn't mean any of them will necessarily turn out to be better than Shaq; all it means is that it would hardly have been a reach for the Bills to have taken one of them at 19, regardless whether it was supposedly a weak overall class for WRs. Of course Shaq might turn into the next Bruce Smith and the three WRs might all bust, but it might be the other way around, too. And I'm not troubled by Treadwell's 40 times. There are plenty of really good WRs who ran "slow" 40 times at the combine--Marshall and Boldin come to mind immediately.

I swear John, sometimes you seem to be impervious to logic...Of course the fact that three WRs came off the board almost immediately after the Bills' pick doesn't mean any of them will necessarily turn out to be better than Shaq; all it means is that it would hardly have been a reach for the Bills to have taken one of them at 19, regardless whether it was supposedly a weak overall class for WRs. Of course Shaq might turn into the next Bruce Smith and the three WRs might all bust, but it might be the other way around, too. And I'm not troubled by Treadwell's 40 times. There are plenty of really good WRs who ran "slow" 40 times at the combine--Marshall and Boldin come to mind immediately.

What logic are you trying to shove down peoples throats......that we should have taken a gamble that the weak WR crop might be better then Shaq Lawson?

I guess?

Or are you just crying that they will be immediately available and Shaq wont be?

I will tell you what will really be funny is if Dez Lewis......who would not be getting the same looks if we had taken a WR number 1......actually turns into a player and is having a nice camp.

Edited by John from Hemet

What logic are you trying to shove down peoples throats......that we should have taken a gamble that the weak WR crop might be better then Shaq Lawson?

I guess?

Or are you just crying that they will be immediately available and Shaq wont be?

I will tell you what will really be funny is if Dez Lewis......who would not be getting the same looks if we had taken a WR number 1......actually turns into a player and is having a nice camp.

Relax, John. I'm not trying cram anything down anyone's throats. I was just pointing out that taking a healthy WR at 19 was a viable option--despite what you keep calling a weak WR class--instead of taking an injured DE. It certainly would not have been a reach.

Relax, John. I'm not trying cram anything down anyone's throats. I was just pointing out that taking a healthy WR at 19 was a viable option--despite what you keep calling a weak WR class--instead of taking an injured DE. It certainly would not have been a reach.

Not Treadwell fan as a Bill. But he is going to make his QB very happy.

Not Treadwell fan as a Bill. But he is going to make his QB very happy.

Why?

He wont be able to get separation from NFL corners.

Then stop talking about anyone being impervious to logic.

Logic says that a team take the best available player that is on THEIR board.

Taking Lawson doesnt really change that.

Why?

Can't listen to him jfh. His whole offseason has been a repetitive application for the NNN club.

Can't listen to him jfh. His whole offseason has been a repetitive application for the NNN club.

And your next actual take on a football related topic will be your first. John and I frequently disagree, but he always has a take that is worth responding to or discussing.

And your next actual take on a football related topic will be your first. John and I frequently disagree, but he always has a take that is worth responding to or discussing.

I have a take. It's that your takes are consistently laughable (with all due respect)

Want a football take ? Cam Newtons good, Ryan Fitzpatrick bad.

Shaq Lawson is good. Lot of Clemson players are lately.

Why?

He is perfect for Teddies timing throws !

Want to play with stats? Every team in the top 10 for rush defense made the playoffs last year. Edit: the Jets didn't make it but they won 10 games. I still find that stat interesting.

Total yards or ypc? Typically winning teams face fewer attempts

Trainers were trying to reattach his arm with zip ties.

As a Machine Builder and automated equipment Tech.

Zip ties are rather valuable. There is a zip tie gun that tensions the tie wrap just enough, and then cuts the remainder off clean so as not to leave a sharp edge.

I have one.

I am ready to reattach any player's limb or spleen at a moments notice. Its what we Bills Fans do

As a Machine Builder and automated equipment Tech.

Zip ties are rather valuable. There is a zip tie gun that tensions the tie wrap just enough, and then cuts the remainder off clean so as not to leave a sharp edge.

I have one.

I am ready to reattach any player's limb or spleen at a moments notice. Its what we Bills Fans do

So, would you save the Shah?

Total yards or ypc? Typically winning teams face fewer attempts

Yards, if you look at the YPC most of it falls in line, outside of Cinci who was at 4.3 if I'm remembering correctly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

Not a perfect stat as you said some teams faced less rushes due to teams playing catch up, the YPC is pretty solid for all 10 though. I found it interesting because most the talk about the NFL now a days is the passing game. Clearly a good run defense still means something.