Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is they will meet in the middle. As far as Fitz, I know he did well last year overall, but when he faced top opponents over the years, he tries too hard, and throws into too tight of Windows and gets picked.

They had a very weak schedule last year, but this year has to face the NFCW, AND AFCN. He'll be challenged and when facing top opponents like the Steelers, Cardinals, and Seahawks. He'll be more prone to force it.

For his sake, not the Jets, I hope he does well, as long as we beat them out for one of the wildcard spots.

He can think what he wants. If he hadn't **** the bed against the Bills last year and they'd made the playoffs, he'd be able to dictate terms. But despite a career year, he couldn't close the deal, and don't think the Jets didn't take notice of it. So they drafted a guy and will look to groom him, even if it means taking a step back this year. And again, they need to clear at least $6.5M in cap room just to give him the 1-year $3.25M deal he got last year, much less a 3-year deal averaging $10M/year.

If is the key word in that second sentence.

Can't wait to see the Jets cave in to Fitz, and then watch Fitz be Fitz.

Gonna be a long wait

This piece has probably the most accurate summary of the situation:

"Ryan Fitzpatrick has a problem. He has forgotten a rather large fact.
Ryan Fitzpatrick needs to remember he's Ryan Fitzpatrick."

If I am Fitz I don't start and take a beating for the Jets this year for less than $14M.

If I don't get that I get to work full time on my portfolio by hitting up all my Harvard contacts for inside/hand-ups so I can BUY an NFL team in 10 years.

Dedicating 100% of his time and effort.....and health.......for $7M ain't worth the sacrifice for an already very rich man with such prospects as Fitz.

He is smart enough to know that his chances of winning a SB are not great either way so I doubt Fitz sees it at all like Schein thinks he should.

If I am Fitz I don't start and take a beating for the Jets this year for less than $14M.

If I don't get that I get to work full time on my portfolio by hitting up all my Harvard contacts for inside/hand-ups so I can BUY an NFL team in 10 years.

Dedicating 100% of his time and effort.....and health.......for $7M ain't worth the sacrifice for an already very rich man with such prospects as Fitz.

He is smart enough to know that his chances of winning a SB are not great either way so I doubt Fitz sees it at all like Schein thinks he should.

You nailed it. Fitz has a life after football, and he doesn't need to take the short money. More players every day are beginning to realize that the money they make is not enough compensation for the physical and mental ailments inflicted by the "game" of football. Fitz has a market worth and he's sticking to it. Good for him.

Fitz can make a nice living as a lawyer or hedge fund manager or whatever, but he's almost certainly not going to earn anywhere near $7M a year at that, much less ever have a fraction of the money required to buy an NFL team. Even for Fitz, $7M for five months work is a pretty sweet deal.

But if he wants to retire rather than play for his market value, that's his decision and that's fine. Plenty of guys are doing the same these days.

Fitz can make a nice living as a lawyer or hedge fund manager or whatever, but he's almost certainly not going to earn anywhere near $7M a year at that, much less ever have a fraction of the money required to buy an NFL team. Even for Fitz, $7M for five months work is a pretty sweet deal.

But if he wants to retire rather than play for his market value, that's his decision and that's fine. Plenty of guys are doing the same these days.

I don't know his motivations but I do know that he is a hero to a whole lot of Harvard grads who have a whole lot of access to major earnings potential and he is wealthy enough to get in one some sweet opportunities.

I can't imagine him as a hedge fund manager but I can imagine him as a major stockholder in a company that could be worth billions in the future.

If an knucklehead jobber like Bon Jovi can get in the conversation for NFL ownership Fitz certainly can one day if he goes after it, IMO.

But then again.......maybe he doesn't care about that stuff. This guys been kicked around all over the league. He might just be at the Orton point in regard to what he feels about the game.........as in he wants the real big money or he can just go kick back in sunny AZ.

Schein is a doofus.

The Jets need to remember that Fitz is the only guy close to a 10 game winner on that roster. Also, they need to consider the fan craziness when Geno Smith wins that sad sad "QB competition" and is the season starter.

Cool story Adam...now go get your Schein box..

Schein is a doofus.

The Jets need to remember that Fitz is the only guy close to a 10 game winner on that roster. Also, they need to consider the fan craziness when Geno Smith wins that sad sad "QB competition" and is the season starter.

Cool story Adam...now go get your Schein box..

Yea and he also can't win when most needed... you know, like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Edited by Beef Jerky