Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

So why did they give exactly what he asked for?

Because they want a qb whose 16-61 when his defense gives up 20 points or more ?

I get you and Firechan are into beards and the 10-6 record has y'all in a fervor.

It ended the way it always does, right in the cornerbacks hands. He's not good bruh.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Jets please have several seats. I think they have delusions of grandeur.

Brandon Marshall is now trying to bet his Porsche that he will have more yards than Antonio Brown.

I think that is a bad bet. Marshall looked good though on the clip I saw today, he cut some weight.

They dragged out a negotiation that could have been done in March and signed him to the deal he proposed in June. Not only that, they basically showed that if you hold out long enough with the Jets, youll get your demands.

Incorrect, they could not have got this done in March as at the time he was demanding a multi-year deal for more money. There really was no rush to sign him to a 1yr deal in June or July as training camp hasn't started in either scenario. "Dragging out the negotiation" is really inconsequential, and only served to benefit the Jets in the end. Plus they needed the time to put a hard cap figure on the Wilkerson deal to determine exactly how much money they need to free up this year. I know everyone on here wants to bash a division rival, but they came up aces with this deal.

Because he's 10-6 with the Jets which is all I'd care about if I were a Jets fan or the coach of the Jets.

Agreed. Also because they have a very good HC and a very good defense. This is not good news for the Bills or Dolphins, at all.

Agreed. Also because they have a very good HC and a very good defense. This is not good news for the Bills or Dolphins, at all.

Maybe.

I like the OC, always have. As an OC. great tomatoes and short passing game

Edited by 3rdand12

Incorrect, they could not have got this done in March as at the time he was demanding a multi-year deal for more money. There really was no rush to sign him to a 1yr deal in June or July as training camp hasn't started in either scenario. "Dragging out the negotiation" is really inconsequential, and only served to benefit the Jets in the end. Plus they needed the time to put a hard cap figure on the Wilkerson deal to determine exactly how much money they need to free up this year. I know everyone on here wants to bash a division rival, but they came up aces with this deal.

If you think not having your starting QB (especially one as dubious as many here regard him) in the building as soon as OTAs begin is a much better idea, then you are correct.

If you think busting your starting QBs chops for 2 months--and then accepting his offer at the last minute served to benefit the team, then you are correct.

If you think messing with team/veteran/locker room chemistry is inconsequential, then you are correct.

If you think broadcasting that the GMs bluff can be called by a holdout means they "came up aces", you are correct.

If you think not having your starting QB (especially one as dubious as many here regard him) in the building as soon as OTAs begin is a much better idea, then you are correct.

If you think busting your starting QBs chops for 2 months--and then accepting his offer at the last minute served to benefit the team, then you are correct.

If you think messing with team/veteran/locker room chemistry is inconsequential, then you are correct.

If you think broadcasting that the GMs bluff can be called by a holdout means they "came up aces", you are correct.

Jets may have done a Jests. The locker room thing was mangled.

poor little geno. its abusiness but that is sooo uncool on a human level

Jets may have done a Jests. The locker room thing was mangled.

poor little geno. its abusiness but that is sooo uncool on a human level

Karma is a B word. Check the video of him running over an old man back while he was at WV. Couldn't find the video but here is the link to the story, pushing a 71 year old coach.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2015/08/12/iowa-state-assistant-coach-wally-burnham-geno-smith/31543789/

Why should any starting QB who set franchise records have to be nickel and dimed up to the opening of camp before his team gives him what he offered months ago? It was obvious months ago he would take no less and it was equally obvious the team would cave in. It was all unnecessary. Why bust his balls, which is exactly what they did....spouting obvious lies like "we are comfortable with Geno" and then leaking out to the press all the crappy offers they made and that he turned down.

Why would you, if you were Fitz, wish that on anybody? What would be your point of doing so?

Again, boo hoo he had to wait a few months to get his deal. That's business. And reports are that it's a 2-year deal to spread out the cap hit, which was what they were looking for all along.

Because he's 10-6 with the Jets which is all I'd care about if I were a Jets fan or the coach of the Jets.

This.

Again the Bills were 2-0 against them. Miami was 0-2 so they should be concerned.

Again, boo hoo he had to wait a few months to get his deal. That's business. And reports are that it's a 2-year deal to spread out the cap hit, which was what they were looking for all along.

This.

Again the Bills were 2-0 against them. Miami was 0-2 so they should be concerned.

The second year doesn't exist. Its a one year deal. The math is meaningless.

There is no good reason for them to wait 7 weeks to cave. You can't name one.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The second year doesn't exist. Its a one year deal. The math is meaningless.

There is not good reason for them to wait 7 weeks to cave. You can't name one.

It's not meaningless. The Jets get to spread out his money over 2 years which again is what they wanted but Fitz balked at it. So that right there was the reason to wait.

It's not meaningless. The Jets get to spread out his money over 2 years which again is what they wanted but Fitz balked at it. So that right there was the reason to wait.

It's 12 million dollar deal--he gets it all this season. You're saying Fitz objected over the way the Jets were going to cook their books to spread out the cap hit on paper?

Why would give 2 chits about that?

It's 12 million dollar deal--he gets it all this season. You're saying Fitz objected over the way the Jets were going to cook their books to spread out the cap hit on paper?

Why would give 2 chits about that?

Ask Fitz. l'd be willing to bet the Jets would have jumped at this deal months ago. Why wouldn't they?

seems clear to me that they wanted to nickel and dime him. several posters thought he wouldn't get a 1 yr 12 mil deal.

But it's not a true 1-year $12M deal. They wanted to spread out his cap hit and that's why they got while Fitz will get $12M for the year and probably be able to void next year. Again if Fitz had agreed to this deal months ago they would have jumped at it.