Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a weird draft, his honesty cost him millions. Tunsil's stepdad "may" have cost him 8 million with that video. Then of course Jaylon sitting off to the side just watching the board pass by. Usually the draft is a lot more even keel this was like watching a train wreck and IMO the Jack injury and Tunsil video sent some teams into a tailspin trying to avoid them.

The whole round was nuts. Some awful picks, controversy, heartbreak. Kind of compelling viewing.

And this:

@nfldraftscout now

Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack both have insurance protecting them against falling out of round one.

You know the medical report is dire if he slid completely out of the 1st round.

It's really unfortunate...But true...

I think the report that some teams felt the micro-fracture surgery should happen sooner rather than later is looking pretty solid...I so hate this for the kid...You want to talk about talent dropping due to injury? Jack and Jaylon Smith? Good grief... :(

I feel terrible for this kid. I get that teams can come out and say who they are targeting. But this kid is just sitting there waiting and you get the vibe that no team had any intention of taking him. I hope he doesn't come back tomorrow on the change he doesn't get drafted in round 2.

Jadeveon Clowney' ruined Jack's chances. The Texans probably wish they had passed too.

No matter how talented you are, micro-fracture surgery can negate it.

It's a risky procedure. If it's a "he must have it in the coming year" situation, he's probably darn near as risky as jaylon. If it's a "he will last a few years" he should go quick.

The 2 things I've really tried to push in his threads are micro fracture is a really rough procedure, and you have to trust your Medicals (and not rumors or fan opinion or...)

Clearly his knee must be a lot worse than any of the previous reports have mentioned. Unless you are a doctor that examined his knee yourself then you had no idea he was going to slide and those that thought he would be drafted early didn't have all of the facts.

Looks like 32 team physicians are all on the same page in regards to his knee. We're not talking about a difference of professional opinion here. There is a consensus that his knee is done. I definitely wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on him, maybe not even a pick at all because its appearing like it would be a waste of a pick.

Has there every been a draft invitee who went completely undrafted? I am pretty sure that won't happen in this case, but it seems like a possiblity at some point, especially with surprise last-minute tweet attacks becoming a thing.