Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason for them to announce that unless they are posturing? Doesn't really make sense any other way.

Or some dumb employee is running his mouth to feel important

Or they simply don't care

Or they know you have to give some honest feedback or everyone knows your always lying and this is an easy place to do it

Or...

Or some dumb employee is running his mouth to feel important

Or they simply don't care

Or they know you have to give some honest feedback or everyone knows your always lying and this is an easy place to do it

Or...

I love Jack as much as the next guy but if free falls that's going to be a tough call for Whaley to make. The Giants are paying a guy with one hand big bucks, it's pretty alarming if they let Jack pass by. Edited by Commonsense

Sometimes I think we overthink things in this week leading into the draft.

Don't get tooooo sucked into the soap opera, this is still primarily a medical decision. That paranoid GM probably had him off the board yesterday too. For anyone that was going to take him it's still a medical decision. I don't think many (any?) teams pulled his name off the board after seeing that.

Agreed and well put.

Though, admittedly overthinking things here, it would be funny to learn later Jack is engineering this to slide to a specific team in the draft. I am more than 99% sure that's not at all what's happening... but it'd be funny if it were the case.

@walterfootball

Tons added to the @TonyPauline 2016 NFL Draft Rumors page. Horrible news for Myles Jack; bad news for Paxton Lynch - http://walterfootball.com/tonypaulinerumors.php

UCLA_logo.gif Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
It seems the news on Myles Jack's injured knee continues to get worse. Within the last few minutes, I'm told there are a few teams who are considering requiring Jack to agree to an injury waiver before they draft him.

Teams can start their due diligence now and see if Jack would accept such a request before deciding on whether or not they would draft him. The injury waiver would be a clause that waives any compensation for Jack if he injures or reinjures the knee in question. The teams in question would require this for their short or long term protection, but it should be noted that verbal agreements of this sort are non-binding.

@jordanraanan

Myles Jack is off the #Giants board for No. 10 pick, per sources. Can't take risk on that knee.

Watch them draft him. I love the draft but I can't stand all the pre draft smoke screens and talk. Can't wait until tomorrow (even though the NFL made the draft less fun).

I remember the Bills taking Willis McGahee.....didnt play the first year........and, not enough attention paid to other factors regarding his draftablity. For example, McGahee never learned the play book....had to be signaled by the RB coach each play from the sidelines to know what to do. In his case, he was undraftable because of his mental capability. A clean miss on the Bills part. Ultimately, his physical tools returned to some extent, and he had a decent and fairly long NFL career. But, he was never a game changer that his #1 draft pick status should have indicated. My view, stay away from damaged goods guys....they might make it partway back....McGahee made it 90% back...and that was good enough to play. But, at 80% back , he would have been a wash out.

But by all accounts Jack is a very hard worker in the film room. I forget the quote but when he lined up against Nelson Agholor from USC, he said he watched all of his college games. Dude does the work. Also he's a LB and covered an NFL level WR!!!! In that game Jack almost had as many total offensive yards as the NFL level WR he just shut down. I think that shows he knows his way around TWO football playbooks!!! As bandit said 3 years on a rookie contract for that level is worth it.

But by all accounts Jack is a very hard worker in the film room. I forget the quote but when he lined up against Nelson Agholor from USC, he said he watched all of his college games. Dude does the work. Also he's a LB and covered an NFL level WR!!!! In that game Jack almost had as many total offensive yards as the NFL level WR he just shut down. I think that shows he knows his way around TWO football playbooks!!! As bandit said 3 years on a rookie contract for that level is worth it.

No doubt you're correct...The questions on Jack have nothing to do with his ability or work ethic...I've yet to hear a single Scout who does not love the kid...So the injury has to be pretty bad according to some teams...It has to be because he's a Top 5 player even if you only think he can play half of the 2016 season...He's that good... B-)

No doubt you're correct...The questions on Jack have nothing to do with his ability or work ethic...I've yet to hear a single Scout who does not love the kid...So the injury has to be pretty bad according to some teams...It has to be because he's a Top 5 player even if you only think he can play half of the 2016 season...He's that good... B-)

Honestly after watching him carry the ball, I think he might be ok. He was a punishing runner (as you expect for a LB). I can't imagine that helped his knee any. Now that he's delivering the hits maybe his knee will be ok...?