(NSFW) Mean tweets read to female sports reporters

The Poojer

People seem so quick to label these trolls as sexist. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of these people are serial line crossers with their comments. If you're throwing these comments out there at just about anything, you've gone well beyond sexist and you're just a horrible person as a whole (give that whatever label you want).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem so quick to label these trolls as sexist. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of these people are serial line crossers with their comments. If you're throwing these comments out there at just about anything, you've gone well beyond sexist and you're just a horrible person as a whole (give that whatever label you want).

Spot on.

I agree that it's pretty much just wholesale shittiness which is best disregarded. ("Don't feed the trolls")

However, there's also some extra evil misogyny there too, which is important to recognize.

its not hatred toward women, its deep down hatred for all. And I bet if you look deep enough it'd be abundantly clear that those who do this are either just that mean and hate filled or just being an idiot with 30 seconds of free time being an !@#$.

its not hatred toward women, its deep down hatred for all. And I bet if you look deep enough it'd be abundantly clear that those who do this are either just that mean and hate filled or just being an idiot with 30 seconds of free time being an !@#$.

Some of it was very much specifically hatred towards women. "I hope you get raped again." I think the point is that the amount (and kind) of abuse that female public figures have to endure is a little worse.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Some of it was very much specifically hatred towards women. "I hope you get raped again." I think the point is that the amount of abuse that female public figures have to endure is a little worse.

The language and subject matter available to men relative to women is disproportionate, as it is in any scenario where there's a history of structural imbalances of power. There isn't a real equivalent to the C-bomb or threats of sexual assault at a woman's disposal. They can drop a bunch of a WWII era dumb bombs but men have the nuclear option. Same thing with the classic N-bomb. That word still inspires strong responses, meanwhile there is no single word you can direct at my white ass that will even make me flinch.

That said, I bet if you checked the posting history of the artless trolls responsible for those tweets you might find similarly disgusting remarks pointed at men in sports broadcasting. There are likely a few special cases, but generally speaking I doubt their animosity is reserved solely for women. These are same type of people dropping N-bombs and Holocaust references in the comments section of CNN. These are the guys yelling slurs from moving cars.

Now that's just ignorant.

they'd say the same thing just as quick to a man. That it was directed toward a woman is only circumstance. They'd be just as spiteful and hateful to a man, a tranny or a dog.

Some of it was very much specifically hatred towards women. "I hope you get raped again." I think the point is that the amount (and kind) of abuse that female public figures have to endure is a little worse.

what he said above.

Spend time on the web long enough. Find the deep web. You'll see the belly, the home and the heart of this. Its directed at anyone who is willing to listen. Those that listen are the first to have it directed at them more.

they'd say the same thing just as quick to a man. That it was directed toward a woman is only circumstance. They'd be just as spiteful and hateful to a man, a tranny or a dog.

what he said above.

Spend time on the web long enough. Find the deep web. You'll see the belly, the home and the heart of this. Its directed at anyone who is willing to listen. Those that listen are the first to have it directed at them more.

Once again you're generalizing to make your point and ignoring the reality. Sure, there are plenty of hateful !@#$tards who will badmouth anyone. But to say there aren't also a large population of misogynistic !@#$s looking to trash women is, of course, ignorant.

and that's fine, i think we have all gone off on some of the local scribes that cover buffalo, but none of us has ever wished harm on any of them, and if there was a hint of it, it was probably(hopefully) painfully obvious that it was tongue in cheek

I think Sarah Spain is awful, but that was crazy.

and that's fine, i think we have all gone off on some of the local scribes that cover buffalo, but none of us has ever wished harm on any of them, and if there was a hint of it, it was probably(hopefully) painfully obvious that it was tongue in cheek

The whole Pat Moran, Shawne Merriman, border fiasco blurred the lines. Mostly because Moran offered up his children's lives as collateral in some form of truth barometer.

The language and subject matter available to men relative to women is disproportionate, as it is in any scenario where there's a history of structural imbalances of power. There isn't a real equivalent to the C-bomb or threats of sexual assault at a woman's disposal. They can drop a bunch of a WWII era dumb bombs but men have the nuclear option. Same thing with the classic N-bomb. That word still inspires strong responses, meanwhile there is no single word you can direct at my white ass that will even make me flinch.

You're a Bills fan.

Dont say anything on the internet that you are not man/woman enough to take a punch in the face for.......

jesus

I have been looking all Goddamn day and I can't find anything that links this quote to Jesus.

I don't understand the point of this video. It just points out that the internet is mean... like water is wet.

As far as trying to imply that women have it worse, I don't buy it. More hate is directed at men than women online. The difference is that we have an instinct to protect women, and let the men take it.

Any woman that gets "harassed" online immediately has everyone coming to their defense. People take notice and rally. When was the last time anyone defended a man getting ridiculed?

I don't understand the point of this video. It just points out that the internet is mean... like water is wet.

As far as trying to imply that women have it worse, I don't buy it. More hate is directed at men than women online. The difference is that we have an instinct to protect women, and let the men take it.

Any woman that gets "harassed" online immediately has everyone coming to their defense. People take notice and rally. When was the last time anyone defended a man getting ridiculed?

Have you checked out the Brady suspension reinstated! thread by chance?