(NSFW) Mean tweets read to female sports reporters

The Poojer

I'm really hating what our culture and society has become!!!!

You mean the part where we insist on shining the brightest light on the worst people? Yeah, me too.

What a stupid, pointless exercise. Yeah we get it, there are some real !@#$s out there, just like there have been for the last six thousand years or so.

What is the purpose of giving them a public voice?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the part where we insist on shining the brightest light on the worst people? Yeah, me too.

What a stupid, pointless exercise. Yeah we get it, there are some real !@#$s out there, just like there have been for the last six thousand years or so.

What is the purpose of giving them a public voice?

I just read their intent: it was a hashtag campaign to shame men. They wanted to find ways "to make guys see and experience the effects of online harassment." (I don't think they've ever been on the internet.)

http://www.cnet.com/news/morethanmean-spotlights-the-vile-online-insults-some-women-endure/

They believe that women, gays, or people of color are the only ones who experience meanies online. What does that make Gator?

I just read their intent: it was a hashtag campaign to shame men. They wanted to find ways "to make guys see and experience the effects of online harassment." (I don't think they've ever been on the internet.)

http://www.cnet.com/news/morethanmean-spotlights-the-vile-online-insults-some-women-endure/

They believe that women, gays, or people of color are the only ones who experience meanies online. What does that make Gator?

Oh good. Now I don't have to give a flying !@#$ about this nonsense.

People seem so quick to label these trolls as sexist. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of these people are serial line crossers with their comments. If you're throwing these comments out there at just about anything, you've gone well beyond sexist and you're just a horrible person as a whole (give that whatever label you want).

Exactly, a few people just don't have a clue when it comes to decency. That was hard to watch.

Next time you see a video that elicits a strong emotional reaction (as this video has done for a lot of people who watched it) consider what the intent might have been for the person who produced the content.

If you think it was some kind of attempt to make the world a better place or to bring light to a subject that needs to be talked about, think again.

Their intent is to manipulate you emotionally and they succeeded.

I'm not suggesting that the things that were said in that video were acceptable things to say to someone (other than a very close buddy you are kidding around with).

I am merely suggesting that the people who produce videos like this are the same people who produce daytime television crap shows (like all those talk shows about how effed up people are).

And I am suggesting that the intent of the person producing that content is almost always selfish and self serving and not noble at all. They are pushing your emotional buttons to serve their own purposes just like the 6 o'clock news people often do. Consider yourself manipulated by a con artist. Because that is exactly what just happened.

An idiot.