(NSFW) Mean tweets read to female sports reporters

The Poojer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and no, look at how those guys reacted and you realize it's not all doom, the world is still good, the bad is the exception, not the rule. But yeah, the bad is really, really bad

I'm really hating what our culture and society has become!!!!

Edited by The Poojer

yes and no, look at how those guys reacted and you realize it's not all doom, the world is still good, the bad is the exception, not the rule. But yeah, the bad is really, really bad

I came away with the same feeling. If anything the uncomfortable feelings the guys had, put some faith back in my fellow men. I like to think I would have reaction they did reading those tweets.

Mead, CornerBlitz, TakeYoutoTasker said it best right up there ^^^^^^^. That really was uncomfortable to watch.

The anonymity that the internet provides lends it self to easily de-humanizing people, and has turned the world into an oyster for people who drive pleasure from other peoples pain.

It's disgusting.

Yes, but, those in the middle of it revel in their wittiness and bravery behind a keyboard. It's only words ferchrissakes, words mean nothing after all.

The anonymity that the internet provides lends it self to easily de-humanizing people, and has turned the world into an oyster for people who drive pleasure from other peoples pain.

It's disgusting.

It is just a new and easy vehicle for stuff that has been going on since the beginning of time. The oyster you described has always been an oyster.....sadly. Different groups exploit it, different groups are the victims and different vehicles are used. It would be cool if it all went away one day but it won't be any time soon.

The more the exploiters are exposed the better, because there is a good side to human nature than can and does take over. Sometimes it is difficult to tell who is exploiting and who is a victim. This video is not one of those times.

The internet really should shut the !@#$ up sometimes.

Agreed.

Though I struggle to see the purpose of a video like this. It'd be one thing if they got the actual "authors" of those tweets to sit there and read them to the sportscaster's face, then you'd be creating an actual dialogue between the attackers and the attacked. Bringing in random men, who more than likely aren't trolls, to read the mean tweets accomplishes what exactly? It doesn't deter anyone from posting hateful stuff online since the majority of folks who would willingly watch that video are not likely to be sorts who write that noxious garbage in the first place. It's also not really raising awareness since everyone who has ever read a comment section or a twitter feed knows this kind of hateful stuff permeates the interwebs. It's preaching to the choir in my opinion.

I'd love to hear why the producers thought this was the best way to get their message out.

That was a very powerful clip. I'm proud of the two women for sitting there and listening to it again, and proud of the guys who were so clearly upset and incredulous at what they were reading.

Some of those tweets could be considered threats. I wonder if these ladies took any steps to identify the twerps and bring the authorities into the picture?

I'd love to hear why the producers thought this was the best way to get their message out.

Probably because the actual authors live in their mothers' basements and can't leave the house.

Agreed.

Though I struggle to see the purpose of a video like this. It'd be one thing if they got the actual "authors" of those tweets to sit there and read them to the sportscaster's face, then you'd be creating an actual dialogue between the attackers and the attacked. Bringing in random men, who more than likely aren't trolls, to read the mean tweets accomplishes what exactly? It doesn't deter anyone from posting hateful stuff online since the majority of folks who would willingly watch that video are not likely to be sorts who write that noxious garbage in the first place. It's also not really raising awareness since everyone who has ever read a comment section or a twitter feed knows this kind of hateful stuff permeates the interwebs. It's preaching to the choir in my opinion.

I agree with this.

i am questioning the motive of this? mean people are mean? some women are made fun of by some men? some men don't like to be mean toward women?

sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. i feel bad for these women, but i am fairly certain this will do 3 things:

1. Get them more mean tweets

2. Do nothing to stop mean people.

C) Allow them to continue not to give a **** what they're tweeted @.

moral of the story...? people are mean.

It's disgusting.

it's hilarious how uncomfortable they made this.

play corny music behind it, have a group of people in an office full of sectional walls, have a it on at 7:30 on NBC and you'll have yourself a hit show.

Hello, TMZ.

Yes, but, those in the middle of it revel in their wittiness and bravery behind a keyboard. It's only words ferchrissakes, words mean nothing after all.

pretty much. strangely, we agree.

the more power and light you give an idiot the more the idiot gets attention. ignore the idiot, the idiot dies. sort of like a wart.

It is just a new and easy vehicle for stuff that has been going on since the beginning of time. The oyster you described has always been an oyster.....sadly. Different groups exploit it, different groups are the victims and different vehicles are used. It would be cool if it all went away one day but it won't be any time soon.

The more the exploiters are exposed the better, because there is a good side to human nature than can and does take over. Sometimes it is difficult to tell who is exploiting and who is a victim. This video is not one of those times.

well put. this is just words. this is nothing to amanda todd, and countless other stories that went above and beyond just words.

I'm really hating what our culture and society has become!!!!

99% of those people would never say that to a woman's face. That is the nature of the internet... If someone posted those people names and addresses they would never tweet like that again... Or possibly even be seen again ;)

i am questioning the motive of this? mean people are mean? some women are made fun of by some men? some men don't like to be mean toward women?

sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. i feel bad for these women, but i am fairly certain this will do 3 things:

1. Get them more mean tweets

2. Do nothing to stop mean people.

C) Allow them to continue not to give a **** what they're tweeted @.

moral of the story...? people are mean.

it's hilarious how uncomfortable they made this.

play corny music behind it, have a group of people in an office full of sectional walls, have a it on at 7:30 on NBC and you'll have yourself a hit show.

Hello, TMZ.

pretty much. strangely, we agree.

the more power and light you give an idiot the more the idiot gets attention. ignore the idiot, the idiot dies. sort of like a wart.

well put. this is just words. this is nothing to amanda todd, and countless other stories that went above and beyond just words.

Not so strangely we aren't. The comment you are agreeing with is 100% sarcasm on my part.