Mike Tirico leaving ESPN (update- Skip Bayless too)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sports media is going the way of politics, transitioning from reasonable commentary and rational debate to partisan ranting and outrageous sensationalizing...

Jamie Horowitz, the president of Fox Sports National Networks, toldMichael McCarthy of Sporting News in March that he was interested in bringing a personality like Bayless into the Fox family:

I look at these "opinionists" like superstars in the NBA. You can probably name the dozen superstars who are out there. It's like asking the (Boston) Celtics, "Are you interested in Kevin Durant?" Yes, we're interested in all the superstars. Of course, I'm interested in Skip. I'm interested in Stephen A. and Michael (Smith) and Jemele [Hill] and (Tony) Kornheiser and (Michael) Wilbon. Just like ESPN and Fox were both interested in Colin [Cowherd].

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635852-skip-bayless-to-leave-espn-latest-details-comments-and-reaction?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Edited by hondo in seattle

Sports media is going the way of politics, transitioning from reasonable commentary and rational debate to partisan ranting and outrageous sensationalizing...

Jamie Horowitz, the president of Fox Sports National Networks, toldMichael McCarthy of Sporting News in March that he was interested in bringing a personality like Bayless into the Fox family:

I look at these "opinionists" like superstars in the NBA. You can probably name the dozen superstars who are out there. It's like asking the (Boston) Celtics, "Are you interested in Kevin Durant?" Yes, we're interested in all the superstars. Of course, I'm interested in Skip. I'm interested in Stephen A. and Michael (Smith) and Jemele [Hill] and (Tony) Kornheiser and (Michael) Wilbon. Just like ESPN and Fox were both interested in Colin [Cowherd].

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635852-skip-bayless-to-leave-espn-latest-details-comments-and-reaction?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Evidence of a tone deaf television executive.

I'm not a Tirico guy either, I read an article saying this move sets him up for a possible Super Bowl and Olympic appearance. That's crazy. I can think of about 10 guys if rather have calling the game.

Tirico blows

• 2 weeks later...

Hey good for Moss. Carter was too full of himself all the time and Lewis is a mushmouth who rarely can provide cogent analysis.

I thought Dilfer was pretty good explaining the QB game. Hasselback must be a lot cheaper.

Hey good for Moss. Carter was too full of himself all the time and Lewis is a mushmouth who rarely can provide cogent analysis.

I thought Dilfer was pretty good explaining the QB game. Hasselback must be a lot cheaper.

Moss is fantastic every time I've heard him. Good hire.