What would happen if or when we don't have Incognito?

I was thinking about this last night. It's a good thing that the Bills made him one of their priorities because they didn't accomplish a lot this off season. We took more losses than additions due to being hamstrung this year salary cap wise.

Being not quite solidified at the QB position, question mark(s?) on the right side of the OL and having miscast defensive players doesn't leave one with a ton of confidence going into the season. It would be nightmarish if Incognito didn't re-sign. Being 32 I wonder what the future will hold in another year or 2. Even having him does anyone have an idea of what would happen if he were to sustain any kind of injury of what the alternatives would be? I'm just a bit suspicious of our vulnerability at not only the depth of Incognito's but more importantly the overall depth of this team all together offensively and defensively. Keep in mind that last preseason we were what was percieved as being loaded at the RB position and sudden influx we got down to just Fred and Dixon. Needless to say it wasn't a good feeling to get down to an aged RB and a perennial back up/ST RB. Man, I sure hope that Whaley can pull some rabbits out of his hat!

That is some pretty funny and creative responses. Seriously though where is this team solidified at? I can only think of only of a couple of positions. Our QB position is manned only by 1 guy and there is some questions there. The RBs, well our star RB isn't legally out of the woods and while the back ups are adequate the #2 guy has to show that he can stay healthy for a full season. The OL, the subject of this topic, still needs a starter or 2. The LBs, I won't go there but I do think that the draft will right this ship quite a bit. Look at the WRs/TEs, we have some great pieces and I won't be an alarmist because this is a position that I feel overall that we'll be alright with. I would have to say that the tandem of Dareus/Hughes is good to great but Kyle is in the back 9 of his career. I hope that the depth there is better than what it appears. I would have to say that our secondary is our strong suit. I can understand why re-signing Gilmore is a top priority. No, re-signing Incognito was huge. I'm just glad that he wanted to be here and didn't play hardball because I would hate to think what it would have been like without him and how his position would have been addressed. Here's to a great year and the draft can't come soon enough!

Go Bills!

i can't remember which ones but there are about 4 or 5 OT or OG's that seem able to play the other position in the NFL. a few graded higher as potential other position players than actual college positions.

Fernando Velasco would play

bingo

Our -line would struggle. No different to most of the league. The Packers o-line down a starter or two last year became a complete sieve having previously been a solid top 10 line. There is very little line depth anywhere across the league which is why despite never thinking he was a good starter I was pissed when Urbik went because he was solid depth, but I like Velasco as a replacement.

The Bills line has sucked so badly for so long. like really painful to watch

The Cogs signed, i sighed with relief honestly.

When they tagged Glenn i felt better.

Bills get a contract done before july 15 with him, i will dance a little jig!
Two most important retentions of the offseason in my strong opinion

Our -line would struggle. No different to most of the league. The Packers o-line down a starter or two last year became a complete sieve having previously been a solid top 10 line. There is very little line depth anywhere across the league which is why despite never thinking he was a good starter I was pissed when Urbik went because he was solid depth, but I like Velasco as a replacement.

You are understating this more than you may have fully considered. Struggled is the key word here.