Belichick says "Brady is the GOAT"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre looks like he could still play under today's rules!

As far as Brady goes it's funny... The Seahawks run Lynch from the 1 and he's 3-3 in the big game and not the GOAT.

They pass and it's intercepted by a DB (not Brady) and "he" is 4-2 in the SB and suddenly you can't deny he's the GOAT.

Sports are funny sometimes.

No argument. Who has a career that long with that long of a period between the first and last Super Bowl? He's dominated his era like no other. Those who don't sgree are just butt hurt he did it to the Bills annually.

If Brady did it all above board he is the GOAT. But we don't know if he did, do we.

Andre looks like he could still play under today's rules!

As far as Brady goes it's funny... The Seahawks run Lynch from the 1 and he's 3-3 in the big game and not the GOAT.

They pass and it's intercepted by a DB (not Brady) and "he" is 4-2 in the SB and suddenly you can't deny he's the GOAT.

Sports are funny sometimes.

Montana and Bradshaw were 4-0 in the big game.

I for one am just tired of seeing him and his team dominate every single year.

It has gone on freaking forever and there is no end in sight. And Patriots* fans are insufferable.

Of course THIS guy somehow is ageless. Even Favre (who seemed ageless) fell apart at age 39 and stunk at age 40. Manning seemed ageless then all of a sudden totally sucked.

But no, Brady has to be top 2-3 n every statistical category STILL and his offense (when healthy) cannot even be slowed down, let alone stopped.

Oh goodie.

I for one am just tired of seeing him and his team dominate every single year.

It has gone on freaking forever and there is no end in sight. And Patriots* fans are insufferable.

Of course THIS guy somehow is ageless. Even Favre (who seemed ageless) fell apart at age 39 and stunk at age 40. Manning seemed ageless then all of a sudden totally sucked.

But no, Brady has to be top 2-3 n every statistical category STILL and his offense (when healthy) cannot even be slowed down, let alone stopped.

Oh goodie.

And no one ever asks how.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Completely different eras. No salary caps. Montana also threw to the greatest wr ever and Bradshaw was hardly a great qb, just on a dominant team.

Personally, I think Elway is the best qb ever. He carried some crappy teams to the SB. But as whiny and douchey as he has become, Brady is certainly in the discussion for GOAT.

Peyton Manning is still the best of this generation. The guys are 1 year apart and Manning was playing in his 4 season before anyone heard of Brady. Manning even has the head to head AFC Championship game record winning 3 to 1, and managed to win 2 Super Bowls past age 30. Brady is 1-2. Brady did go 3-0 age 24-27 winning by a FG each time with a defense dominated team and SpyGate playing some role.

To me Manning's 17 seasons (2011 injury) as a starter, numbers are better than Brady's 14 seasons (2007 injury).

Brady probably does play 3 more season. If he manages to stay healthy, his stats will eclipse Manning's and playing to age 41 will be a feat in and of ifself.

Brady is obviously the greatest of all time, it's no longer really that close. And please, enough with the "goat" thing, it doesn't work. Just say greatest of all time, it's so easy.

Correct. Which is not as good as 4-2. Please let's not do this one again.

Too much recency bias which is just another reason why comparing players across eras is a mistake.

Why is Brady the greatest ever? By what criteria?

Like I said, he has a seat at the table. And it's a round table.

GO BILLS!!!

Brady is obviously the greatest of all time, it's no longer really that close. And please, enough with the "goat" thing, it doesn't work. Just say greatest of all time, it's so easy.

Correct. Which is not as good as 4-2. Please let's not do this one again.

Yes, I'd much rather be 66% than 100%.

Too much recency bias which is just another reason why comparing players across eras is a mistake.

Why is Brady the greatest ever? By what criteria?

Like I said, he has a seat at the table. And it's a round table.

GO BILLS!!!

Ultimately comparing players from different eras is silly. But I do think Brady has a great claim. He has played with many average at best Wrs in a salary cap era that encourages parity. Montana played with the greatest wr ever (Young came in and the 49ers didn't miss a beat) and a severely underrated defense.

I hate, hate, hate Brady but he is at the top or very close to it.

No argument. Who has a career that long with that long of a period between the first and last Super Bowl? He's dominated his era like no other. Those who don't sgree are just butt hurt he did it to the Bills annually.

Brady would've lasted 10 minutes in the 70s or 80s. QBs from this era are completely inflated because EVERYTHING in the game is tailored for them. Mel Blount would've ripped Randy Moss' head off and used it to beat Wes Welker to death. Joe Greene and LC Greenwood would've snacked on Brady's entrails.

On the first drive of the game.

Ultimately comparing players from different eras is silly. But I do think Brady has a great claim. He has played with many average at best Wrs in a salary cap era that encourages parity. Montana played with the greatest wr ever (Young came in and the 49ers didn't miss a beat) and a severely underrated defense.

I hate, hate, hate Brady but he is at the top or very close to it.

Agree on Montana. That Niners team was LOADED all over the team and that defense was terrific.

Yes, I'd much rather be 66% than 100%.

Here we go again. Yes. Montana gets a point from you for the two conference championship games he lost, rather than had he won them and then lost in the Super Bowl. Once again, you add the accolades. Super Bowl victories count for a lot. Super Bowl appearances count for something too. They are not a detriment. Can Newton is not a worse all time QB now than he would have been had he lost in the NFC championship game. He gets a point for playing in the Super Bowl. This is really the dumbest argument on TBD and I can't help but the thing you guys do it just because it's Brady. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Here we go again. Yes. Montana gets a point from you for the two conference championship games he lost, rather than had he won them and then lost in the Super Bowl. Once again, you add the accolades. Super Bowl victories count for a lot. Super Bowl appearances count for something too. They are not a detriment. Can Newton is not a worse all time QB now than he would have been had he lost in the NFC championship game. He gets a point for playing in the Super Bowl. This is really the dumbest argument on TBD and I can't help but the thing you guys do it just because it's Brady.

He didn't lose the 2nd NFCCG (1990). He got knocked out before it was over and the team still had the lead and was ready to win it until Roger Craig fumbled the ball.

As for Brady, he's an excellent QB. But the cheating knocks him down. Sorry.

Brady would've lasted 10 minutes in the 70s or 80s. QBs from this era are completely inflated because EVERYTHING in the game is tailored for them. Mel Blount would've ripped Randy Moss' head off and used it to beat Wes Welker to death. Joe Greene and LC Greenwood would've snacked on Brady's entrails.

On the first drive of the game.

TRUTH^^^

/thread

It's just a shame BB saddled Brady with the Asterisks because of his giant, amoral, sociopathic ego. The cheating, both the proven and the unproven, will follow Brady forever. And should.

kj

That same ego is what propelled him to greatness.

Imo separation between those in GOAT conversation isn't great enough for a consensus #1. There are maybe 5 or more QBs in the conversation and a logical argument for each.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood