Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson retiring

Jets had asked him to take a pay cut so they could sign Fitz. Guess he saw that as a sign he should hang it up :lol:

@adamschefter

@Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson is retiring today after 10 seasons, per @RichCimini.

@richcimini

Filed to ESPN: Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson is retiring today after 10 seasons, per sources. Only 32. Completely healthy. A stunner. #nyj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AlbertBreer

As @RichCimini said, all signs point to D'Brickashaw Ferguson retiring after 10 years in the league. He's been considering it for a while.

... Ferguson walking away would not blindside the Jets. The veteran left tackle has kept them in the loop throughout.

Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson would like to be an NFL general manager one day, so that's a possibility for his next career path.

This is hilarious. They asked him to take a pay cut and he was like, "Nah, I'm good. I don't think that I want to play anymore." He waited until after FA so they could replace him there. Now they must go OT in the 1st I would think (unless they don't re-sign Fitz).

That should free up money for Fitz. The only problem is, he'll be getting killed from that side.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They will get a nice chunk of change back for draft space, but man, they picked the wrong time to be short a strong left tackle. It's going to be difficult to find as strong of a day 1 starter at 20.

The trend seems to be that now the players coming out of college on the O line need time to develop.

How valuable is the 19th pick now? At 20, a team is probably taking a tackle. Someone in the 21-32 bracket wants an OT, they come to Whaley.

I'm okay moving down a few spots to a) get more picks and b) screw the Jets.

Hell, Bloke, I don't even care if they help the Jets.

Whaley: "Hey Jets I know you love that tackle, but the Steelers are offering us a great deal to move up to 19. Whadda guys wanna do?"

Hell, Bloke, I don't even care if they help the Jets.

Whaley: "Hey Jets I know you love that tackle, but the Steelers are offering us a great deal to move up to 19. Whadda guys wanna do?"

Any way we can do it, I'm happy with. This is a class where you let others reach at OT, accumulate more picks.

If we can hold a division rival over a barrel, even better.