Zack Brown Signs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least, it's much needed deoth. If we're lucky it's a Hughes or Incognito situation where Whaley found a score.

If you look at the Bills track record with LB's since Nix/Whaley have been in charge they tend to go with mid rounders and mid level to lower level signings. So I think that they go with a LB at some point in rounds 3-5. Their 3 most notable LB's drafted were Bradham in round 4, Preston Brown in round 3, and Kiko in round 2. Manny Lawson, Andra Davis, and Brandon Spikes were their biggest free agent targets at the position in that time all more mid level signings (On top of letting Poz go). I think on defense they in general think they can find good players at that position fairly cheaply and in the mid to later rounds.

Brown to me seems to be a fall back option at worst and a coverage LB who provides depth at best.

Edited by billsfan89

If you look at the Bills track record with LB's since Nix/Whaley have been in charge they tend to go with mid rounders and mid level to lower level signings. So I think that they go with a LB at some point in rounds 3-5. Their 3 most notable LB's drafted were Bradham in round 4, Preston Brown in round 3, and Kiko in round 2. Manny Lawson, Andra Davis, and Brandon Spikes were their biggest free agent targets at the position in that time all more mid level signings (On top of letting Poz go). I think on defense they in general think they can find good players at that position fairly cheaply and in the mid to later rounds.

Brown to me seems to be a fall back option at worst and a coverage LB who provides depth at best.

I dissagree on Brown

You cannot coach the speed this guy has....you just cant....

I think he pushes for a starting spot.....we are going to be in the nickle defense half the time and need LBs that can cover

Bradham is actually a much bigger hitter then this guy.....

but

I think Brown might be a better scheme fit....this is a guy that can actually cover.....you cannot coach speed and this guy has it. LB's with lack of range was a huge problem for this team this last year.

True on the speed, I bet TT was kinda pissed and relieved at the same time. "Guy who injures me gets signed to my team? da !@#$ OBD!? well at least he cant horse collar me anymore.."

I think he pushes for a starting spot.....we are going to be in the nickle defense half the time and need LBs that can cover

He's a decent pick up this time of year because we need bodies to compete.

However, two Browns dont make a right. I still think we have to draft a LB with one of our early picks.

He's a decent pick up this time of year because we need bodies to compete.

However, two Browns dont make a right. I still think we have to draft a LB with one of our early picks.

i like your sense of humor. I think they need to draft tw Lbs and one of them early. a guy like Spence who is more of a pass rusher perhaps

Just watched Brown vs TB from Week 1 last season. I can see the appeal.

Obviously, coverage is the big plus. The guy can move but he's not blisteringly fast. Recognition skills are there.

Against the run, he's assignment-sound but he's not a playmaker. Kinda just crashes into lead blockers but haven't seen him shed someone at/near the LOS and make the tackle.

I'll keep trawling through as I get the time but first impression is that he could be a decent stopgap. Certainly not enough to put me off drafting another LB high.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Obviously, coverage is the big plus. The guy can move but he's not blisteringly fast. Recognition skills are there.

Against the run, he's assignment-sound but he's not a playmaker. Kinda just crashes into lead blockers but haven't seen him shed someone at/near the LOS and make the tackle.

I'll keep trawling through as I get the time but first impression is that he could be a decent stopgap. Certainly not enough to put me off drafting another LB high.

Don't forget. Rob is going to coach he and preston up !!

Hard to take track record into account when they keep changing coaches. When they had Pettine, they drafted Kiko in the 2ND. I expect another high pick on a LB now.

Both Browns are fast and agile enough to play the ILB positions, but neither is a true leader or that great in run defense.

In this defense I think Preston Brown is your "stack and shed" guy

I see Zach Brown as that guy you can drop back into coverage so your DL DOESNT HAVE TO

A guy that can follow a Pats TE around the field and stay in his hip pocket

Edited by John from Hemet

You would think...the only problem is that he doesn't seem that good at it. Maybe it was just the hesitancy in the new system this year.

I made a point to watch games against run-heavy teams last year (Jets, Cowboys, etc.) to analyze Brown's run defense.

You would think...the only problem is that he doesn't seem that good at it. Maybe it was just the hesitancy in the new system this year.

I made a point to watch games against run-heavy teams last year (Jets, Cowboys, etc.) to analyze Brown's run defense.

I am hoping he steps forward.....I absolutely have not given up on him.

I see Zach Brown as that guy you can drop back into coverage so your DL DOESNT HAVE TO

A guy that can follow a Pats TE around the field and stay in his hip pocket

Agreed that Preston is the more likely guy for it given their respective size. Just a point that if he's asked to, I'm not sure Zach can do it (at least not consistently).

He was still disruptive against the run in that TB game without doing so.

Browns game showed up more of what others have told me about him. Got turned around by misdirection a couple of times. Bit on a couple of fakes. Coverage game was still solid.

On a side note, I adore Jim Dray. Browns trusted him to reach block Orakpo and Morgan in that game. One missed assignment on a wham block but overall, he's just mean.

Browns game showed up more of what others have told me about him. Got turned around by misdirection a couple of times. Bit on a couple of fakes. Coverage game was still solid.

On a side note, I adore Jim Dray. Browns trusted him to reach block Orakpo and Morgan in that game. One missed assignment on a wham block but overall, he's just mean.

Good to know. LB coverage really was the biggest weakness last year. I keep hearing about the pass rush but when Brady is throwing it over the middle in two seconds...

Good to know. I don't think I can handle another Mulligan level blocking TE.

Edited by YattaOkasan