If you were a Titans fan

Virgil

Too bad chip no longer has that control.

I would still draft Wentz. Having 2 high quality QB's would be a wonderdul problem to have. I do believe Wentz is going to be a top tier QB in the NFL given a few years. I've loved him as a prospect since the first time I heard/saw him play about 2 years ago.

He has what I want in a QB:

1 - Steps up into the pocket in the face of pressure

2 - Great pocket mobility

3 - Cannon for an arm

4 - Tall, Thick frame

5 - Big hands

6 - Smart, Leadership qualities

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still draft Wentz. Having 2 high quality QB's would be a wonderdul problem to have. I do believe Wentz is going to be a top tier QB in the NFL given a few years. I've loved him as a prospect since the first time I heard/saw him play about 2 years ago.

He has what I want in a QB:

1 - Steps up into the pocket in the face of pressure

2 - Great pocket mobility

3 - Cannon for an arm

4 - Tall, Thick frame

5 - Big hands

6 - Smart, Leadership qualities

:thumbsup: and can run

they are NOT trading the 1st pick. a little more cause I doubt anyone will want to pay a kings ransom.

the only team willing to go up to #1 will be a QB needy team. after #2 Cleveland, the next team is #7 SF, then #15 LA rams.

Tunsil , Jack and both QB's will NOT be on the board at #7.

if i'm a Titans fan, in order to move down to #7, I need at least 3 additional future 1st and/or 2nd round picks (likely 1@1st and 2@2nd)in addition to swapping #1's this year. (Rams got 2@1st and 1@2nd future picks in addition to swapping firsts) http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/5/9/5699140/rams-rgiii-trade-explained-in-one-picture

I would draft Carson Wentz. Then offer Mario ta to Chip Kelly for a kings ransom

Chip almost traded their first pick, any player on offense, any player on defense, plus next yrs first to move up to draft Mariota. What an idiot. I would definitely tug on those strings if I was Tennessee. Get Kap and the 49ers 1st round picks for the next 2 years knowing that they are going to be terrible and picking high. Then use the #1 overall on a qb

The owner wants the OL fixed to give Mariota a chance.

For me Tunsil is great but I don't see the value. You need guys that make a difference and by the nature of the position an offensive lineman can only be as good as the weakest link on the unit.

Jack could be Luke Keuchly. You need difference makers not good players.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

For me Tunsil is great but I don't see the value. You need guys that make a difference and by the nature of the position and offensive lineman can only be as good as the weakest link on the unit.

just look to the 2014 draft as an example. There were considered to be 4 elite players that separated themselves. Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack. Robinson as an OT had a huge ceiling but how much has he improved the team he is on? Is he a difference maker? Meanwhile, Watkins and Mack have been game changing players for their teams. And there hasn't been a LB or WR in the draft since that is as talented. Jack is in that mold IMO. If you have a chance to get the rare talent, you take it.

draft Tunsil and move Lewan to the right side

This in a nutshell. Tunsil is a one in a decade left tackle prospect. He's as much of a "can't miss" as anyone I can remember in recent years maybe except for perhaps Orlando Pace. If the Titans are truly trying to build a team, it starts with the offensive line and protection for Mariota. "Stockpiling" draft picks doesn't do squat if you just end up with a bunch more average players. That's what they have right now.

just look to the 2014 draft as an example. There were considered to be 4 elite players that separated themselves. Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack. Robinson as an OT had a huge ceiling but how much has he improved the team he is on? Is he a difference maker? Meanwhile, Watkins and Mack have been game changing players for their teams. And there hasn't been a LB or WR in the draft since that is as talented. Jack is in that mold IMO. If you have a chance to get the rare talent, you take it.

Exactly

Jake Matthews was another guy that went early in that draft. Those guys plug a hole but don't change a team. If you can get a game changer you have to do it. If you are the Titans you could go Jack and then someone like Decker in the 2nd. You still accomplish your goal of better protecting Mariota. You just don't lose out on a franchise changing player to do it.

This in a nutshell. Tunsil is a one in a decade left tackle prospect. He's as much of a "can't miss" as anyone I can remember in recent years maybe except for perhaps Orlando Pace. If the Titans are truly trying to build a team, it starts with the offensive line and protection for Mariota. "Stockpiling" draft picks doesn't do squat if you just end up with a bunch more average players. That's what they have right now.

I think perspective is in order here.

Drafting Tunsil to protect your long term Franchise QB might be worth it.

If it was Buffalo it would be Jack all day. need and BPA and once in a generation.

One of my biggest worries with Bills WAS protecting TT.

we have seen too many QB get the snockers beat out of them and then ruined.

Context is everything my friends

I think I'm working Cleveland and if I get a 2nd and 4th to drop back one spot, that's a win.

I'd try to work teams picking in the top 4 so I still get my guy and I don't think that's unrealistic. But their OT will be there at 3 and I think you have to try to get there

For me Tunsil is great but I don't see the value. You need guys that make a difference and by the nature of the position an offensive lineman can only be as good as the weakest link on the unit.

So many people in this world simply don't understand this concept that it's a five-player unit and it's only as strong as the weakest player. The Titans fielded the 29th worst line in the NFL and that rookie starting last year at offensive center was a complete dud.

Looking over the Titans line situation they already have a #1 pick in LT Taylor Lewan who has been good enough so I don't see the real need for Tunsil unless the plan is to have him start at RT to break him in as a starter like they did with Lewan. You don't draft a RT #1 overall.

They also have a #1 pick at RG in Chance Warmack and he really hasn't lived up to his draft slot. But then it could be that playing with utter scrubs at C and RT have made him look worse than he actually is. So the reason the Titans signed free agent Texans starting center Ben Jones this offseason and it looks like they moved him to LG. They also signed Russ Grimm as their O-line coach,

HC Mike Mularkey has stated they want to build a ground and pound run first offense and in order to do that, they will still need to upgrade RT, OC. I can see them going all in on Tunsil.

These draft trades take two sides. Why in god's name would Cleveland want to trade up? They have a complete rebuild where they need picks desperately. They also know the Titans are not picking a QB with Mariotta, and they need a franchise QB who might even get a year off and use McKown this year.

They simply sit there and take Wentz most likely and not look back. It's funny listening to some of the Sirius Radio and all fans want to trade back to get more picks, but they need a suitor.

I'm not dismissing the idea as it would be great for TN, but not for Cleveland. That's all.

1 - These draft trades take two sides. Why in god's name would Cleveland want to trade up? They have a complete rebuild where they need picks desperately. They also know the Titans are not picking a QB with Mariotta, and they need a franchise QB who might even get a year off and use McKown this year.

2 - They simply sit there and take Wentz most likely and not look back. It's funny listening to some of the Sirius Radio and all fans want to trade back to get more picks, but they need a suitor.

I'm not dismissing the idea as it would be great for TN, but not for Cleveland. That's all.

1 - Because they've been desperate for a QB for years and you can't win without one (Don't mention Denver this year)

2 - Again, assuming he's there. Sometimes you have to trade up to make sure no one does it before you. It's security. If you KNEW FOR A FACT that the Titans were staying at #1, then I'd agree. But if they get that phone call at the last minute and trade back and you don't get your guy, what then?

I take Tunsil and don't look back. The guy gave up 0, count them, ZERO sacks last year against SEC comp. He's as sure fire a LT since Joe Thomas imo. Move Lewan to RT and you have your bookends for the foreseeable future.

Good point on the trade with the Titans. It's hard to believe the Titans won't want to have the best player in the draft. More picks could be enticing, but is there a QB (no one usually give the farm away for any other player) worth the RG3 deal? I like Goff and Wentz, but they aren't Luck who was an absolute sure thing.

I just don't see it, but as i started, it is a valid point.

H2O - i agree on Tunsil. They just did the deal for Murray. Having two top Tackles, and already have at least one very good Guard. They basically are picking at the top of every round so if they have a good front office, the can get possibly four starters.