Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

If you really think that black people aren't taking this as a racial affront (rightly or wrongly) we would disagree.  I think you need to be black to understand their frustration and anger at the optic of it though. I can't judge that accurately or personally because Im not black but also as Im watching these protests unfurl a Lot of the folks protesting are not exclusively black. SO perhaps racial issues are not the majority part of this anger. But it has to be at least part due to our countries history thats just my opinion. There is a huge distrust between cops and people in general and racial stereotypes you know this. Black Lives Matter is example.

But don’t you think that whole “rightly or wrongly” point is important? Or is what somebody feels more important, even if it might be wrong?

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ask Colin Kaepernick

I don’t have his number ever since that “incident” when I lived in SF. So I’ll ask you....again.  So if passive disobedience isn’t working what exactly are YOU advocating?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

But don’t you think that whole “rightly or wrongly” point is important? Or is what somebody feels more important, even if it might be wrong?

you know what, the reality is what I think means squat in this situation Im not burning down a persons business or looting or being a criminal....I would answer your question by saying that how will you ever be able to prove or disprove that officers views on race. The facts are that a black man is dead while handcuffed and the offender is white. And as Ive stated already ultimately these unpeaceful protests arent fruitful, they certainly aren't focused on preventing deaths to more black people, they are a release of anger and frustration at the disgrace of the death and previous ones as well.

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I know this is a political forum but maybe just maybe these issues have zero to do with republican or democratic politics? Who are you scapegoating with your rhetoric? Likely the party you oppose. In a way are you saying the democrats are the hooligans and republicans the righteous? I call baloney on that. I'll say it again this issue is not a political issue it is a humanity issue transcendent of political party.  

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

you know what, the reality is what I think means squat in this situation Im not burning down a persons business or looting or being a criminal....I would answer your question by saying that how will you ever be able to prove or disprove that officers views on race. The facts are that a black man is dead while handcuffed and the offender is white. And as Ive stated already ultimately these unpeaceful protests arent fruitful, they certainly aren't focused on preventing deaths to more black people, they are a release of anger and frustration at the disgrace of the death and previous ones as well.

So, your answer is we just assume the motivation was racial, add it to previous deaths of any blacks by white police officers, and arrive at the conclusion there must be some sort of systemic racism issues permeating the law enforcement community?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, your answer is we just assume the motivation was racial, add it to previous deaths of any blacks by white police officers, and arrive at the conclusion there must be some sort of systemic racism issues permeating the law enforcement community?

you just put a whole boatload of words in my mouth I didnt say please dont do that.  Did I say racism is systemic within police departments? Or that is permeates? What I did say was that I dont think it is possible to prove either way that officer was a racist but that racism HAS existed and blacks have been unfairly stereotyped and labeled due to the color of their skin by police and elsewhere in society YES and where that optic exists people will go there mentally right or wrongly.

Edited by Margarita

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

you just put a whole boatload of words in my mouth I didnt say please dont do that.  Did I say racism is exclusive to police departments? Or that is permeates? What I did say was that I dont think it is possible to prove either way that officer was a racist but that racism HAS existed and blacks have been unfairly stereotyped and labeled due to the color of their skin by police and elsewhere in society YES and where that optic exists people will go there mentally right or wrongly.

Honestly, it is difficult to figure out what you are saying. We’ll just leave it at that.

Cheers

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting that the protesters chose to storm and damage CNN in Atlanta .....interesting. I'm not really buying that means they are anti-liberal MSM but it does question a narrative Im reading in this thread.....

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Honestly, it is difficult to figure out what you are saying. We’ll just leave it at that.

Cheers

the optic Im referring to is a video of a white cop kneeling in a black persons neck resulting in his death. The rest seemed clear enough to me. oh well.

4 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Interesting that the protesters chose to storm and damage CNN in Atlanta .....interesting. I'm not really buying that means they are anti-liberal MSM but it does question a narrative Im reading in this thread.....

Well, CNN is conveniently based in Atlanta -- and a mob isn't particularly known for rational acts. Nonetheless, deliciously ironic that the dim propagandists who work for that network and have incited and amplified rage and validated the rioters as righteous protestors should get a taste of the brew they have materially contributed to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

You cannot be that stupid can you? You really asked why people across the nation are protesting? Unbelievable.

Your language is divisive, your rhetoric non-inclusive. 

I’m watching the news and they are showing a vandalized and looted TMobile store In Minneapolis.  In a separate shot, a couple women are seen loading boxed wine into a car lifted from a looted liquor store.  Nothing says “Honor the memory” like a stolen celly and a glass of Franzia.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m not advocating the looting and vandalism but passive disobedience is clearly not working. 

You implied condescendingly that another posters greatest concern was inconvenienced white people.  The reality is agitators are taking advantage of unrest, they are roaming the streets like it’s Thunderdome and enablers are writing it off.  Everyone loses.  

**everyone loses except the agitators and if I may be so bold, the people profiting off the death of the poor man this is all about. You see a man walking out of a target with a 40” tv, a woman walking out of a liquor store with bottles of gin...one man’s tragedy is another’s good fortune. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 4