I'm not unhappy with

1 Watkins

2 wood

3 Kerley

4 Harvin

5 Goodwin

6 ???

7 profit

Harvin as an off the bench player in this system for 3 or 4 snaps a game max... should any of them go down Kerley can step up. Harvin becomes 3rd...

Its not terrible

Hogan-> good: gunner, routes, blocker. Not so much; RAC, open field

Kerkey-> good: PR, open field, double moves. Not so much; blocking, routes

This guy is Harvin Lite... Completely different player than Hogan.

It's like comparing Anquan Bolden to Mike Wallace

i think people are comparing them for two reasons: he is visiting to maybe fill the roster spot voided by Hogan (so he's more or less his replacement though maybe not used similarly), and they can both play in the slot. Not necessarily that they are the same style of WR. Could be wrong but that's how I see it. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not unhappy with

1 Watkins

2 wood

3 Kerley

4 Harvin

5 Goodwin

6 ???

7 profit

Harvin as an off the bench player in this system for 3 or 4 snaps a game max... should any of them go down Kerley can step up. Harvin becomes 3rd...

Its not terrible

I can't see any situation where we have Harvin and Goodwin on the team this year. I imagine they'd pick one or the other, and maybe neither if we go with Kerley.

i think people are comparing them for two reasons: he is visiting to maybe fill the roster spot voided by Hogan (so he's more or less his replacement though maybe not used similarly), and they can both play in the slot. Not necessarily that they are the same style of WR. Could be wrong but that's how I see it.

sure I see why one might want to compare, just trying to argue against the comparison as they are both good and bad at different things which bear importance only against the relative make up of the roster, particularly this far into the depth chart.

Statistically they have produced similarly over the last 3 seasons.

Actually if you could meld the best they both have to offer, you'd have a solid #2 WR.

I can't see any situation where we have Harvin and Goodwin on the team this year. I imagine they'd pick one or the other, and maybe neither if we go with Kerley.

Agreed, for the injury problems alone. Harvin is the better player, but Goodwin is cheaper. I would think if we grab Kerley we lose both and possibly bring back Deonte, who looked like a stud in camp. They also seem pretty high on Salas but I don't quite know what his role would be at this time.

I'm not unhappy with

1 Watkins

2 wood

3 Kerley

4 Harvin

5 Goodwin

6 ???

7 profit

Its not terrible

You can't have this group of receivers. Sammy is the only one over 6 feet tall, and he is all of 6'1. We need some size at the position. That's why we brought in Salas, Little and Boykin. We are not keeping Goodwin, Kerley and Harvin. I say we sign Kerley. Goodwin and Harvin are perpetually injured. It is fine to have one small quick slot receiver. And Curley would fit that role well. Better than Hogan in my estimation. But the NFL is a big man's passing game for the most part. And we need some size at WR if we want to improve our passing game.

This guy is 12,000 times better than hogan fwiw. He even takes Leo and Gilmore to school a few times

FF to 1 min 40 sec and enjoy the Kerley show, YAC CITY!!!

Gotta click link to watch on YouTube

I know it is a Highlight film. but gosh he sure looks better than Hogan ever did.

give him that 2Mil

I'd keep Goodwin around just because of his speed to be able to stretch the field....Outside of Watkins, we don't have any other receiver who can do this.

Unfortunately, Goodwin is more focused on his Olympic career.

Whats the cap hit on Flash getting cut this year?

You can't have this group of receivers. Sammy is the only one over 6 feet tall, and he is all of 6'1. We need some size at the position. That's why we brought in Salas, Little and Boykin. We are not keeping Goodwin, Kerley and Harvin. I say we sign Kerley. Goodwin and Harvin are perpetually injured. It is fine to have one small quick slot receiver. And Curley would fit that role well. Better than Hogan in my estimation. But the NFL is a big man's passing game for the most part. And we need some size at WR if we want to improve our passing game.

Taylor throws low

It's Harvin or bust now. We'll almost definitely go WR with one of our top 3 picks too.

Agreed

WR is a big need. I wouldn't be that surprised if they took one in the 1st. With the depth of the DL they are still going to be able to get a starting caliber player in the 2nd and potentially 3rd. I think that they take 2 guys in the front 7 and a WR with the 1st 3 picks. The order though may be different than I initially thought.

Agreed

WR is a big need. I wouldn't be that surprised if they took one in the 1st. With the depth of the DL they are still going to be able to get a starting caliber player in the 2nd and potentially 3rd. I think that they take 2 guys in the front 7 and a WR with the 1st 3 picks. The order though may be different than I initially thought.

I'm really hoping that they wait on WR--I'm not huge on any of the early guys, but I think there's terrific value to be had in the middle rounds in guys like Keyarris Garrett, Geronimo Allison, Robby Anderson, Kenny Lawler, and Malcolm Mitchell.

I'm really hoping that they wait on WR--I'm not huge on any of the early guys, but I think there's terrific value to be had in the middle rounds in guys like Keyarris Garrett, Geronimo Allison, Robby Anderson, Kenny Lawler, and Malcolm Mitchell.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took 2 WR. It depends on how they feel about those bottom of the depth chart guys. Maybe someone in the 1st 3 rounds and then another in the 6th or something like that? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wouldn't be shocked if they took 2 WR. It depends on how they feel about those bottom of the depth chart guys.

Yeah--I struggle between feeling like they're comfortable with the Salas/Boykin types in the 3/4 roles vs. the thinking that they need another dynamic threat.

I tend to fall in the latter category, but the only guy that I really like near the top for what Roman's offense likes to do is Sterling Shepard, and I think he's probably a 35-40 guy in the draft.