Florio has lost his mind with tweet about Taylor/Kap

Impressively correct use of who, whose, and whom in one sentence. You should be banned from the internet.

Simply outstanding.

If a team called asking about TT, I'd ask them what their offer is. Doesn't hurt to hear a team out. If someone like The Chipper is calling the shots you could get a ridiculously great deal. But, honestly, odds of Taylor getting traded are near zero.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while it's true that Denver wanted him, they wanted him as a backup, and as a UFA. Whether they want him enough as a starter to give up something substantial enough in a trade to get the the Bills to make a move is unknown.

From what Florio said, Kubiak really really liked Tyrod. Also, keep in mind, the Broncos had to know that there was a decent chance that Manning wouldn't play 16 games. If they traded for him (again not advocating it), one would presume, his value would be greater with 13 starts under his belt, and a very manageable contract.

But, it is just fun speculation...in March...

I'm not convinced that the Roman connection is even accurate. Kaep is Harbaugh's guy. I haven't read anything that gave me the impression that Roman and Kaep have much of a relationship.

I also read that Roman wanted to start Alex Smith when he got healthy and it was Harbaughs call to stick with the hot hand at the time, Kaep

While I don't think the trade would make any sense for $ reasons, from a purely player-player perspective you're spot on. Taylor may have had the better season last year, but he still needs to play in two conference championships before he can look down at Kaepernick.

If Taylor had the defense last year that San Francisco had those two seasons, he very well could've played in the conference championship this past season.

From what Florio said, Kubiak really really liked Tyrod. Also, keep in mind, the Broncos had to know that there was a decent chance that Manning wouldn't play 16 games. If they traded for him (again not advocating it), one would presume, his value would be greater with 13 starts under his belt, and a very manageable contract.

But, it is just fun speculation...in March...

No to Colin. unless Roman knows something, and even then i would not trade TT.

But Denver?

I want Von Miller, a second and a third this year, a first next year because you guys are going to tank it.

and Wade Phillips.

Always answer the phone.

But I am staying on the TT train.

Edited by 3rdand12

No way. TT evolved more as a pocket passer in less than a full season than Kaepernick has his entire career. Ever since DCs made it a point to force Kaepernick to beat them from the pocket, he has been largely ineffective. And that terrible throwing motion only exacerbates the problem. Kaep's best days are behind him, imo, while Taylor is still riding an upward trajectory.

GO BILLS!!!

No way. TT evolved more as a pocket passer in less than a full season than Kaepernick has his entire career. Ever since DCs made it a point to force Kaepernick to beat them from the pocket, he has been largely ineffective. And that terrible throwing motion only exacerbates the problem. Kaep's best days are behind him, imo, while Taylor is still riding an upward trajectory.

GO BILLS!!!

I somewhat agree with this but I feel like teams are going to do the same think with Taylor. Taylor's best pass is throwing deep.

I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs who use their legs a lot. I think with more attempts, TT's INTs will skyrocket.

I get being excited with TT. Hopefully, he does take the next step because we sorely need a franchise qb. But I feel like we are completely overrating him. I don't think many fanbases think TT is as good as Kaepernick.

I also read that Roman wanted to start Alex Smith when he got healthy and it was Harbaughs call to stick with the hot hand at the time, Kaep

Then Harbaugh is a much smarter coach than Roman. Smith's career high in total tds as a Niner was 19. In his 2 full season as a starter, Kaepernick had 20 and 25 tds.

I somewhat agree with this but I feel like teams are going to do the same think with Taylor. Taylor's best pass is throwing deep.

I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs who use their legs a lot. I think with more attempts, TT's INTs will skyrocket.

I get being excited with TT. Hopefully, he does take the next step because we sorely need a franchise qb. But I feel like we are completely overrating him. I don't think many fanbases think TT is as good as Kaepernick.

Then Harbaugh is a much smarter coach than Roman. Smith's career high in total tds as a Niner was 19. In his 2 full season as a starter, Kaepernick had 20 and 25 tds.

Why? He throws accurately and his decision making, if anything, is conservative. I would expect his completion rate to take a hit and naturally interceptions rise with more attempts, but I don't know why INTs would sky rocket.

Why? He throws accurately and his decision making, if anything, is conservative. I would expect his completion rate to take a hit and naturally interceptions rise with more attempts, but I don't know why INTs would sky rocket.

I think our whole gameplan is ultra conservative for a reason. I don't think they fully trust TT, much like Kaepernick.

I think Roman is a good coach who knows the strengths and weaknesses of his Qbs. Alex Smith, Kaep, and at this point, Taylor, aren't made to throw the ball a lot.

I really don't care whether other fan bases think Kaep is better than TT or not. I don't care that TT is short or that he can use his legs to get out of trouble. From the moment we signed him my only concern was will he transition to a pocket QB. He was anything but that in college. But four years in a sound system backing up a great pocket passer really helped him and you could see how he got better from the pocket as the season progressed last year. Towards the end, Roman was more comfortable with him making throws to the more dangerous middle areas, too. He is not just a one-trick pony that only goes deep.

Kaep has just not shown progression as a pocket QB and until he does, he won't be anything special. You either learn to operate consistently from a pocket or you are done. Simple as that.

GO BILLS!!!

Forgetting the football skills and attitudes...

Kaep doesn't seem like a Buffalo NY kind of guy. Fitting into Bflo is a Bills intangible not to be overestimated.

TT fits.

He wears Phins gear just for the sake of fashion. Wrong on so many levels.

Forgetting the football skills and attitudes...

Kaep doesn't seem like a Buffalo NY kind of guy. Fitting into Bflo is a Bills intangible not to be overestimated.

TT fits.

I hear this all the time. With all due respect, what is Buffalo guy? Jim Kelly wasn't a Buffalo guy. Stevie Johnson seemed like the exact opposite of a Buffalo guy and was one of the most Buffalo guys we have had in a decade.