Florio has lost his mind with tweet about Taylor/Kap

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be one of the dumbest comments I've heard and Florio usually does not make an ars of himself. Why do people with RG3 and Kaep keep thinking of three years ago. Kaep was horrible the last two years, and RG3 had one good year.

Absolutely no on both. I know the comment was on Kaep, but stupid. TT has much more upside, is cheap this year at 1 mil, and we have lots of money next year if he performs well this year.

I'm all in for T-Mobile, and maybe a 3rd or 4th for a back up to develop in the draft. If we hit one for once, we could have 4 years on a cheap contract, and after four more years, if TT is a hit, he would be at 9-10 years in the NFL. Either we have a replacement, or we draft another in two to three years and shop this guy like the good teams do as the Packers and Patriots.

I hear this all the time. With all due respect, what is Buffalo guy? Jim Kelly wasn't a Buffalo guy. Stevie Johnson seemed like the exact opposite of a Buffalo guy and was one of the most Buffalo guys we have had in a decade.

Point well taken.

JK was not an obvious Blfo guy (at the time). But he certainly turned out to be.

But Kaep seems to be the anthishtesis of a Bflo guy. RG3 also. They seem Hollywood.

SJ... you may be right. My memory of SJ signing has faded. I do loves me some SJ performance.

I somewhat agree with this but I feel like teams are going to do the same think with Taylor. Taylor's best pass is throwing deep.

I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs who use their legs a lot. I think with more attempts, TT's INTs will skyrocket.

I get being excited with TT. Hopefully, he does take the next step because we sorely need a franchise qb. But I feel like we are completely overrating him. I don't think many fanbases think TT is as good as Kaepernick.

You thought wrong by my experience. growing up in Jersey out of all my friends im the only Bills fan. Theyre all die hard Giants and Jets and Ravens fans and they all tell me im lucky to have Tyrod or we woulda been 4-12 with Rex coaching. Everyone is in agreement. Even my Jets friends want Fitz back or Rg3 instead of kap. that says a lot. They also use Tyrod in fantasy draft often, so I get texts bout how hes playing every Sunday cuz they kno i stream the games instead of watching wats on down here. Bills fans are actually the ones who **** on TT the most but thats typical of us, were Bills fans in post playoff drought traumatic syndrome

Edited by Marty McFly

You thought wrong by my experience. growing up in Jersey out of all my friends im the only Bills fan. Theyre all die hard Giants and Jets and Ravens fans and they all tell me im lucky to have Tyrod or we woulda been 4-12 with Rex coaching. Everyone is in agreement. Even my Jets friends want Fitz back or Rg3 instead of kap. that says a lot. They also use Tyrod in fantasy draft often, so I get texts bout how hes playing every Sunday cuz they kno i stream the games instead of watching wats on down here. Bills fans are actually the ones who **** on TT the most but thats typical of us, were Bills fans in post playoff drought traumatic syndrome

Until I see Taylor dominate a game like Kaepernick dominated the Packers in the playoffs, I'll go with the bigger, faster version of Taylor.

I would love to see Taylor be the guy but he still has a lot to prove. I'm so sick of hearing about potential. Kaepernick has been to a SB. He may have peaked but Taylor hasn't come close to that peak. Hopefully, he will.

C Bisquit- just go to nfl stats and look up whatever slice you want for the last four years. Kaepernick regressed progressively for four years. he hasn't improved, but been worse each year until finally they benched him for Gabbert of all people. Do you remember how bad Gabbert was in Jax, and the 49ers decided he was better than Kaep.

Kaep had an amazing cast around him during his performing years and had great coaching. He never once had the TD to INT ratio or QB rating as TT had last year.

I wouldn't want him, RG3 or any of these guys that have gone in the toilet over time. Everyone who likes RG3 only remembers his first year before his two knee injuries really permanently scarring his career. It's reprehensible what Shanahan did to him putting him back in the playoffs. He's never recovered his speed.

Kaep can't play from the pocket. He proved that over two years, and under his current contract is 12 X more expensive than a rising QB in TT with one of the highest QB ratings in the league and one of the best TD to INT ratios in the league.

Not piling on Bisquit, just saying Kaep is not the guy in the NFC Championship or the SB anymore. really good QB's could have at most maybe one bad year like Eli Manning the year they changed OC's, but he came back. Kaep just keeps regressing. That's all.

C Bisquit- just go to nfl stats and look up whatever slice you want for the last four years. Kaepernick regressed progressively for four years. he hasn't improved, but been worse each year until finally they benched him for Gabbert of all people. Do you remember how bad Gabbert was in Jax, and the 49ers decided he was better than Kaep.

Kaep had an amazing cast around him during his performing years and had great coaching. He never once had the TD to INT ratio or QB rating as TT had last year.

I wouldn't want him, RG3 or any of these guys that have gone in the toilet over time. Everyone who likes RG3 only remembers his first year before his two knee injuries really permanently scarring his career. It's reprehensible what Shanahan did to him putting him back in the playoffs. He's never recovered his speed.

Kaep can't play from the pocket. He proved that over two years, and under his current contract is 12 X more expensive than a rising QB in TT with one of the highest QB ratings in the league and one of the best TD to INT ratios in the league.

Not piling on Bisquit, just saying Kaep is not the guy in the NFC Championship or the SB anymore. really good QB's could have at most maybe one bad year like Eli Manning the year they changed OC's, but he came back. Kaep just keeps regressing. That's all.

I agree with most of your post but I never got the feeling watching Taylor this year like I did when Kaep was in his prime. He was a complete game changer. I do agree he has probably peaked but it was a really good peak that Taylor hasn't reached yet.

Fair enough C Bisquit, and well said. Kaep was impressive back then, i just don't see anything leading me to believe he would do a 180. On a personal note, i always appreciate posters who can agree to disagree on some points, but keep it polite. After all, we're all Bills fans. Thanks bud.

Fair enough C Bisquit, and well said. Kaep was impressive back then, i just don't see anything leading me to believe he would do a 180. On a personal note, i always appreciate posters who can agree to disagree on some points, but keep it polite. After all, we're all Bills fans. Thanks bud.

You're more the welcome and same to you. Taylor does some really nice things. I worry about his size and his ability to be a complete passer.

Maybe my disappointment from past Bills Qbs is holding me back. But I want to see more games where Taylor is the one carrying us to W. I think he was a good game manager this year who could make big plays. But it was an inconsistent offense.

But I enjoyed the conversation and Go Bills!

I could never give up that little fellow TT. I have become endeared to him honestly. I cheer for him each play.

would miss that.

Fitz? i would just wait for the pick

Grass is very rarely greener on the other side of the fence anyways. Let the Bills build on what the groundwork they have laid for a change.

Having Roman is an advantage to develop out offense in my opinion. Lets keep it rolling

Holy homer alert! Yeah, Florio is crazy for suggesting that the Bills' trade a 1st year starter for a guy who has been to the SB and almost made another? Taylor had a solid season but this is getting nuts. Kaepernick is superior in almost every way over Taylor.

Kaep might have some flaws that might be hard to overcome but Taylor might as well. It's also important to note that Bills' fans think Taylor's only progression is upwards. Well, we need to study Kaep. When he was given more to do he struggled. His numbers are weirdly similar to Taylor's.

I honestly don't know if I make that trade but to think it's nuts, is well nuts. Honestly, SF might not do it.

Kaepernick might have better physical traits but NFL defenses caught up to him with a vengeance. Once opposing teams shut down his threat to run while forcing him to make plays with his arm and he abruptly fell on his face.

Then, while Greg Roman's offensive scheme is a very complex run-first attack that works very well with a running QB. When opposing teams find ways to stop that QB run option and force the QB to throw then Roman's passing offense doesn't look to be as sophisticated as his run game. Jim Harbaugh was heavily involved in the passing game and actually took over the play calling half way through Roman's final season in San Fran.

My take on the situation is that the 49ers were pushing the guy way to fast to become an elite QB, and their GM made some questionable player moves prior to 2014. They lost their starting offensive center and went on to start a rookie at center. Then the signing of OT Jonathan Martin from Miami (yes, the same guy Cogs got into it with), QB Blane Gabbert. While the team still ran the ball quite a bit with Frank Gore they just weren't the same offense as Kaepernick struggled to make plays.

Just to show you how lame their GM is he brought in Erik Pears to play RT in 2015 to replace Martin. I mean WTH! to go from a #1 pick in OT Anthony Davis to utter scrubs in Martin and Pears? The Niners also lost their starting LG Mike Iupati to Arizona who btw was another first round pick. The 49ers should have fired their GM Trent Baalke instead of Jim Harbaugh.

Anyway, Colin Kaepernick looks to be a broken QB at this point and Tyrod Taylor isn't!

Nil - good post and nice color on the choices and timeline. i agree with your assessment on the GM. Who knows on the inside, because this crap of how demanding Harbaugh was as a coach, i mean come on. They are all overly controlling and a little overbearing.

They blew it, and are paying for it. I'm just happy as my middle son is a huge Cardinals fans since he was 7. Don't worry guys, I've properly indoctrinated him to be a Bills fanatic. SF can go suck an egg for the next few years.

If the Browns could rebuild there OL , Kap would be a good gamble with a show me new contract. Draft Wentz with #2 pick and let him learn till ready. Giving up a 3rd rd pick would be worth it with all there poor choices.

Nil - good post and nice color on the choices and timeline. i agree with your assessment on the GM. Who knows on the inside, because this crap of how demanding Harbaugh was as a coach, i mean come on. They are all overly controlling and a little overbearing.

They blew it, and are paying for it. I'm just happy as my middle son is a huge Cardinals fans since he was 7. Don't worry guys, I've properly indoctrinated him to be a Bills fanatic. SF can go suck an egg for the next few years.

Thanks. Yea, the 49ers had one of the very best offensive lines in the league and then allowed it to be torn apart while forcing their young QB to make more plays with his arm. If that wasn't bad enough they must have been soliciting advice from Buddy Nix to sign Martin and Pears...then start them at RT in successive years. Guess what, they now need a good RT, LG, OC! Talk about near first to near worst... 27th last year. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

In regards to why Kaepernick in broken. It's mostly because he wasn't going by instinct anymore by quickly reading and reacting. It looked like he lost his confidence. It looked like was constantly over thinking the situation on most every pass play and by the time he determined he didn't want to throw the ball, the run lanes were gone.

Thinking that this young QB is going to come into a new system and make good starts right away is downright foolish. The Buffalo Bills are already in the process of rehabilitating a young QB that had lost his confidence and was almost ruined by some less then smart coaches. They don't need another one.

I agree with most of your post but I never got the feeling watching Taylor this year like I did when Kaep was in his prime. He was a complete game changer. I do agree he has probably peaked but it was a really good peak that Taylor hasn't reached yet.

Kaep had a profound affect on the game when he played in the early stages of his career. No one can doubt that he was a dynamo as a running qb with a cannon arm. Then the defenses adjusted to him. They stayed in their lanes and made him play more like a conventional qb. .By forcing him to make reads and pass in tighter quarters his assets of his legs and strong but erratic arm were neutralized.

In this league if a qb doesn't progress in how they play their position they will predictably fade. At this point no one can say for sure whether TT will advance as a qb. Without a doubt Kaep has impressive physical skills while TT seems to much more of a refined qb (not complete) than what Kaep is and can be. My sense is that TT is more receptive to coaching and thus his prospects are much better than Kaep.