What if Tyrod holds out for a better contract?

What are the chances Tyrod holds out of training camp or into the season a few games due to his ultra low contract? What a mess that would be.....

The chance of broken contract is 1%. That's how contracts work.

Edited by boater

He won't but Gilmore might

Gilmore has injury history. Both sides would be smart to get something done now that would free up more cap space this year or next.

gilmore is under contract next year at a very nice number for him. then can be tagged for a nice number if he didn't sign. he could make close to 25 mil the next two years without an extension

If it happens, you can bank on a bunch of fans ripping him for being greedy and therefore anti-team.

and...

EJ Manuel will remind fans or whatever draft pick will show they're nowhere near being a starting NFL QB.

But I'd imagine Doug Whaley has a contingency plan. Except he has no cap room to execute it. :lol:

If it happens, you can bank on a bunch of fans ripping him for being greedy and therefore anti-team.

and...

EJ Manuel will remind fans or whatever draft pick will show they're nowhere near being a starting NFL QB.

But I'd imagine Doug Whaley has a contingency plan. Except he has no cap room to execute it. :lol:

So they need to pay for all the players they need but not use the cap to do it?

What are the chances Tyrod holds out of training camp or into the season a few games due to his ultra low contract? What a mess that would be.....

100% chance he wont. I highley doubt it in fact ill bet anyone on here I wont hold out. If he does Ill trash Tyrod (one of my favorite Bills based on character and the will to not give up even when injured and out of the playoff race and taking less money from a 4 in a row AFC West title winning Broncos team, for a chance to start on a team that hasnt sniffed the playoffs since 99) on every post I make next season, Tyrod has character he knows hes on a prove it or lose it year. Its in his best interest to work as hard as he can make huge improvements to his game and cash in midyear. Ill also bet if he does better this year or stays the same, hell take a home town discount to stay here. ALSO DONT 4GET THE CAP WILL RESET AND GET BIGGER NEXT YEAR SO WE HAVE THE ROOM TO EXTEND TYROD, GILMORE, AND GLENN. Who wants to bet?

This holding out thing is so 1900's. Just don't see it much anymore with players under contract. Likely could have been some subtle changes in the past CBA or two that made it tough and little incentive to hold out while under contract. Slotting for rookies likely has alot to do with it

The only Playmaker I remember holding out recently was whats his face the IIIrd from the Seahawks saftey core. And it hurt the seahawks for those weeks he held out during the season, eventually Seattle caved and signed him.

Edited by Marty McFly

I also don't see this happening. Yes hes on a low contract but he still has a lot to prove to us and the league. If he were some sort of proven commodity then maybe he could break his contract, but since he only has a season under his belt, I think the league would want to see a little bit more before he could break his contract for a big pay day.