Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is the Bills lost a valued player who is not easily replaced IMO and why they let this happen is the real question.

The Bills have 10 WR's on the roster and only one is better and one other is comparable who was a 2nd round pick. As much as Tyrod needed the Bills to keep Cogs and Glenn and to upgrade the right side of that line. He needs a viable receiving corps with some real talent to have a successful season.

It's like Gailey running his 5 WR sets with only one viable wideout and he can't figure out why his smokescreen passing plays aren't working.

The point is the Bills lost a valued player who is not easily replaced IMO and why they let this happen is the real question.

The Bills have 10 WR's on the roster and only one is better and one other is comparable who was a 2nd round pick. As much as Tyrod needed the Bills to keep Cogs and Glenn and to upgrade the right side of that line. He needs a viable receiving corps with some real talent to have a successful season.

It's like Gailey running his 5 WR sets with only one viable wideout and he can't figure out why his smokescreen passing plays aren't working.

Really? Chris Hogan caliber talents are a nickel a dozen in the NFL. He's entirely replaceable and the epitome of a player who's JAG.

Um....I though the reason they let it happen was pretty clear. He's not worth $12M to the Bills since their game plan isn't built around Tom Brady.

I guess I need to understand why an UDFA that bounced around 3 teams' practice squads and has never eclipsed 40 catches, 4 TDs, or 450 receiving yards in a single season qualifies as "not easily replaced"?

I would expect that a late-round draft choice or waiver wire pickup can do the same.

I guess I need to understand why an UDFA that bounced around 3 teams' practice squads and has never eclipsed 40 catches, 4 TDs, or 450 receiving yards in a single season qualifies as "not easily replaced"?

I would expect that a late-round draft choice or waiver wire pickup can do the same.

It really is amazing how the realists love hogan. We are so doomed.

I'd assume any 4th round wideout is better than Hogan. Compensatory pick baby!!

I think that people confuse opportunity with talent. There was a time that Donald Jones was a number 2 WR too. It doesn't mean that he was great it means that he had a great opportunity. Hogan played regularly and contributed some. If Kamar Aiken was given Hogan's snaps what would the results have been? Who knows

a No.3/4 WR is easily replaced

What is Deonte Thompson doing these days? Still with the Bears? I honestly think if he hadn't been hurt at the end of TC that he would have gotten Hogan's roster spot*

*disclaimer - this does not mean I *hate* Chris hogan. It means he didn't have a good camp in 2015 and was on the proverbial bubble to make the team.

Nope. Goodwin would have been gone.

Good for Hogan. He's better than many Bills fans make him out to be. Belichik knows what he's doing.

Why do people keep saying this ? Bellichek has been awful at adding wr's if you look at the big picture. Bust after bust w a little welker/moss/gronk to keep him above water.

Brady is good. We got it.