Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even better. Makes it so you don't have to have HOF WR's on the roster to succeed. Gronk is more valuable to that team than would be a Julio Jones or Megatron. Their success is proof of this, unless you think they would have won every SB in the past 5 years with one of those guys on the roster.

You also don't need a HOF TE to succeed. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Yes but NE is doing just fine year after year with the guys BB brings in to supplement Gronk, which is the point here. Criticizing him for not bringing a marquee WR is not a meaningful criticism.

Again, how do you think BB will do after Brady is gone? Do you still see them doing fine on offense?

I was just responding to the point of having an elite TE was "even better." They are even better because they are harder to find. There are a lot of great WR in the NFL right now. We have one of them. There are not a lot of great TEs.

I agree.

You also don't need a HOF TE to succeed. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Again, how do you think BB will do after Brady is gone? Do you still see them doing fine on offense?

You don't need a HOF TE to succeed, but BB picked one. And because of that and his pick of Brady, he was able to create an offense where he doesn't need to pick great WR draft picks, which is the point being discussed here doc.

How will BB do without Brady? My guess is no worse than Lombardi after Starr, Levy after Kelly, Landry after Staubach, Noll after Bradshaw....you knew this before you asked the question.

You don't need a HOF TE to succeed, but BB picked one. And because of that and his pick of Brady, he was able to create an offense where he doesn't need to pick great WR draft picks, which is the point being discussed here doc.

How will BB do without Brady? My guess is no worse than Lombardi after Starr, Levy after Kelly, Landry after Staubach, Noll after Bradshaw....you knew this before you asked the question.

So IOW, you need luck to draft a HOF QB? Okay, just checking.

So IOW, you need luck to draft a HOF QB? Okay, just checking.

Actually, BB "developed" Brady behind Blesoe. It's not luck. He did exactly what the OP would want all teams to do.

But anyway, what was your point about HOF HCs success after their HOF QBs move on?

Actually, BB "developed" Brady behind Blesoe. It's not luck. He did exactly what the OP would want all teams to do.

But anyway, what was your point about HOF HCs success after their HOF QBs move on?

TIL "Developing a QB" means cheating and keeping the helmet mics on longer than you're supposed to so you can point out the coverages to your young QB.

LOL! No, he didn't develop Brady, just like he hasn't developed any other QB that they've drafted since then (and likewise won't be able to develop Garroppolllooo either, despite being the highest pick he's spent on a QB).

And you know what my point it. Suffice it to say it's not as simple as "you don't need HOF WR's or TE's."

LOL! No, he didn't develop Brady, just like he hasn't developed any other QB that they've drafted since then (and likewise won't be able to develop Garroppolllooo either, despite being the highest pick he's spent on a QB).

And you know what my point it. Suffice it to say it's not as simple as "you don't need HOF WR's or TE's."

How didn't he? Brady was the fully formed HOF sitting on the bench?

How did he not develop Brady?

Who has developed a QB if BB didn't for Brady?

How didn't he? Brady was the fully formed HOF sitting on the bench?

I know because he's drafted a dozen QB's since Brady, many of them in higher rounds, and none of them have developed anywhere close to Brady. And the idea that BB developed him while he was a 4th stinger as a rookie is silly.

I know because he's drafted a dozen QB's since Brady, many of them in higher rounds, and none of them have developed anywhere close to Brady. And the idea that BB developed him while he was a 4th stinger as a rookie is silly.

So what? Maybe they just sucked.

Your logic is faulty.

Wow...

So what? Maybe they just sucked.

Your logic is faulty.

LOL! No, the faulty logic is claiming A developed B but couldn't develop C-M, much less because "they just sucked." Logic would be to say Dick Rehbein, his QB coach, developed him, or even Charlie Weis, who was his OC.