Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

They shouldn't need to replace Harvin because they should never have wasted money on him at the time. They should have gone with Watkins, Woods and Hogan in 2015 and saved the cap dollars for something more useful than Percy Harvin.... a chocolate teapot for example.

I personally believe there to be very little between Hogan and Woods and so replacing one (and Hogan was the one out of contract so it made sense) with someone better (ideally from the draft) would obviously be an upgrade. If, however, we waste our time bringing Harvin back for money that might have allowed us to keep Hogan by giving him a higher tender then I will be pissed.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The replacement for Hogan is already on the roster. It is Robert Woods. That's an upgrade to WR3. What they really need is someone to stretch the field and replace harvin at WR2. It wasn't going to be Hogan.

some folks were alluding to this very point. I agree with you.

They shouldn't need to replace Harvin because they should never have wasted money on him at the time. They should have gone with Watkins, Woods and Hogan in 2015 and saved the cap dollars for something more useful than Percy Harvin.... a chocolate teapot for example.

I personally believe there to be very little between Hogan and Woods and so replacing one (and Hogan was the one out of contract so it made sense) with someone better (ideally from the draft) would obviously be an upgrade. If, however, we waste our time bringing Harvin back for money that might have allowed us to keep Hogan by giving him a higher tender then I will be pissed.

Time for fresh set of wheels imo. Let the new fella vie for the #2 or whatever that means.

I think you understood the point. HOF WRs are nice to have, but when you are playing in and winning SB's without them (while they toil in futility), they aren't really necessary in all situations.

Pretty silly, right?

What about HOF TEs?

What about HOF TEs?

Even better. Makes it so you don't have to have HOF WR's on the roster to succeed. Gronk is more valuable to that team than would be a Julio Jones or Megatron. Their success is proof of this, unless you think they would have won every SB in the past 5 years with one of those guys on the roster.

Even better. Makes it so you don't have to have HOF WR's on the roster to succeed. Gronk is more valuable to that team than would be a Julio Jones or Megatron. Their success is proof of this, unless you think they would have won every SB in the past 5 years with one of those guys on the roster.

I tend to think about it in terms of the difference between the players. The gap between Gronk and the game's 5th best TE (Jordan Reed maybe?) is wider than the difference between WR #1 and WR #10. In some ways it is a fantasy football way of viewing things. I guess to use real examples I would rather have Gronk and Demayrius Thomas than Delanie Walker and Julio Jones.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You may want to psychologically prepare yourself for that eventuality if he gets medical clearance.

GO BILLS!!!

I tend to think about it in terms of the difference between the players. The gap between Gronk and the games 5th best TE (Jordan Reed maybe?) is wider than the difference between WR #1 and WR #10. In some ways it is a fantasy football way of viewing things. I guess to use real examples I would rather have Gronk and Demayrius Thomas than Delanie Walker and Julio Jones.

Yes but NE is doing just fine year after year with the guys BB brings in to supplement Gronk, which is the point here. Criticizing him for not bringing a marquee WR is not a meaningful criticism.

You may want to psychologically prepare yourself for that eventuality if he gets medical clearance.

GO BILLS!!!

Like Merriman's clearance? Big deal, there will be an expiration date on that clearance for this head case/piece of glass.

interestingly if you search on Percy Harvin on Twitter I think nearly every fan base wants to sign him.

Come on..

I bet most fans don't even know who he plays for at this time.

Edited by Mr. WEO

interestingly if you search on Percy Harvin on Twitter I think nearly every fan base wants to sign him.

Except the ones where he has been and they have seen his actual usefulness and reliability?

The most overrated player in the NFL today. And my view on this long pre-dates his arrival in Buffalo.

Yes but NE is doing just fine year after year with the guys BB brings in to supplement Gronk, which is the point here. Criticizing him for not bringing a marquee WR is not a meaningful criticism.

Like Merriman's clearance? Big deal, there will be an expiration date on that clearance for this head case/piece of glass.

I was just responding to the point of having an elite TE was "even better." They are even better because they are harder to find. There are a lot of great WR in the NFL right now. We have one of them. There are not a lot of great TEs.

Belichik is just trolling everyone now

@fieldyates

Former Texans WR Nate Washington visited the Patriots on Monday, per source.

I've always liked Nate Washington too and indeed he was my Hogan comparison earlier this year. Not sure I'd want both of them mind you...

The replacement for Hogan is already on the roster. It is Robert Woods. That's an upgrade to WR3. What they really need is someone to stretch the field and replace harvin at WR2. It wasn't going to be Hogan.

Great point!