Incognito signs 3 year deal with bills

I am glad he is back

I wonder if he really did take a discount...i mean there are so many variables to these deals. One team may have offered more overall money but less guaranteed. Or maybe vice versa.

Richie signed with the Bills because the money was right and so was the fit.

3 years $15+mil not to bad for a guy who was begging teams for a job a year ago. He earned it and i hope he keeps it up.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad he is back

I wonder if he really did take a discount...i mean there are so many variables to these deals. One team may have offered more overall money but less guaranteed. Or maybe vice versa.

Richie signed with the Bills because the money was right and so was the fit.

3 years $15+mil not to bad for a guy who was begging teams for a job a year ago. He earned it and i hope he keeps it up.

because he said he did?

begging ?

he did earn it, and i too hope he keeps it up. I think you are correct about him being a good fit!

Why would they need Evans now and why would he want to sign as a backup?

Not suggesting he sign as backup; Roman uses a lot of unbalanced lines with extra linemen and our draft pick did not seem ready to play full time last year. This allows them to have the linemen they need for Roman's offense plans and gives Miller experience in line and allows him to be swing guard.

Not suggesting he sign as backup; Roman uses a lot of unbalanced lines with extra linemen and our draft pick did not seem ready to play full time last year. This allows them to have the linemen they need for Roman's offense plans and gives Miller experience in line and allows him to be swing guard.

and CK we saw as an extra T which seemed fairly effective.

Roman loves that stuff

Sorry if posted, but this is great:

“Everything meshed with Rex’s personality,” Incognito said, “and the hunger for the town and the city for a winner and me trying to redeem myself, the underdog. Buffalo’s the underdog. People ask me — do you like living in Buffalo? And I tell them ‘Yes. I (expletive) love it.’ And they’re like, ‘Are you crazy? You love Buffalo, New York?’ And I say, ‘Dude. The people are awesome. The fans are about it. The food is great. And we’re building a winning football team. What’s not to love about it?’”

Well the income taxes but everything else is great in WNY when you have a well paid job. Now he has been "reformed" I'd like him to get some spots around city - guest eater at The National Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival (Labor Day in Buffalo), Erie County Fair, etc.

he is still kicking for them isn't he?

Yep. Polish Pounder is STILL kicking for them.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/08/nfl-free-agency-grades-rumors-contracts

Bills re-sign OG Richie Incognito

Details: Three-year, $15.75 million deal. Probably a smart move for both teams. Incognito still has the lingering stain of the Dolphins scandal (and a bad reputation overall) on him, so he was probably always going to get better money from the Bills. They get their best lineman back with more work to do. Grade: A-

I would love it if they could afford Evans but it does not seem they can. Miller is going to have to step up in year 2 and progress. The reality of the NFL.

5 mil, 3 years --- sounds on the low-ish end == like a hometown discount.

What do you guys think?

depends on guarantees.

i don't care. he's ours. Imagine if we had to go back to 2 years ago with the mess at LG and EJ having 1 second to throw. Tyrod would not have enough time or confidence to stand and deliver throws next year without Glenn and Richie covering his back. No way.

if Miller busts his ass and works hard, and we can shore up RT, this will be a serious offense next year. Three good runners, three good receiving targets, big tough Oline and TT/Roman/Clay in their second Bills season.

I would love it if they could afford Evans but it does not seem they can. Miller is going to have to step up in year 2 and progress. The reality of the NFL.

They can but all depends on how much Glenn wants to try to get every last dollar and how much he wants to be on top performing OL.

depends on guarantees.

i don't care. he's ours. Imagine if we had to go back to 2 years ago with the mess at LG and EJ having 1 second to throw. Tyrod would not have enough time or confidence to stand and deliver throws next year without Glenn and Richie covering his back. No way.

if Miller busts his ass and works hard, and we can shore up RT, this will be a serious offense next year. Three good runners, three good receiving targets, big tough Oline and TT/Roman/Clay in their second Bills season.

It is absolutely important that Tyrod have a good line; like Flutie he is a good scrambler but unlike Flutie he extends plays not makes good things out of bad plays.

Attention Cap Gurus:

Where do we stand? How will this deal affect our ability to spend via FA?

It all depends on Glenn; if he signs long term contract Bills will have money to spend but if not they will need to be confined to draft picks (and can not move up very far without having difficulties paying rookies), C level FAs and UDFAs. If Glenn does not sign extension he may hurt his chances in a year with offense which goes downhill not uphill. If he signs long term contract there will be money for bridge contract for Tyrod.

Gilmore is less of a priority since he will likely be getting about same money in long term contract just more guarantees.

Gilmore IMO is biggest risk remaining on one year contract; he could get hurt or have Bills' defense not rebound resulting his value going down in free agency next year.

This is a VERY good sign for the future.

A highly sought after free agent re-signed with the Bills... because.. pause.. he liked the club.. he liked the community.. he expressed loyalty.

We, fans, need to keep this going forward.