Bills' 2016 Season Ticket Sales Already Over 52K

There is a cap that they put on Season Tickets.

yes, but it has nothing to do with my comment...if you're a Bills season ticket holder, you always had until end of March or something to renew. The Bills are pressuring the season ticket holders to renew sooner this season.

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I think it's more the binge drinking and breaking tables. We have a sickness.

Could you imagine any other fans selling this many tickets after missing the playoffs 16 years in a row? Seriously, what is wrong with us? :)

GLUTTONS !!!!!

Count me in with the surprised. I've been out of state for most of my adult life, and I do love coming back and catching a game from time to time, but I still find it surprising that there are so many fans willing to spend that much money on a losing team when the home watching experience can be so great for so much less money.

Even if you had weekly parties with the same big group of friends, drinks, and plenty of food, you could still make out on the deal by staying at home and watching on a gigantic 4K screen with better angles and viewpoints of the game (over time of course).

Anyway, I'm glad it's not that way. I love seeing the enormous crazy crowd while I watch from across the country!

yes, but it has nothing to do with my comment...if you're a Bills season ticket holder, you always had until end of March or something to renew. The Bills are pressuring the season ticket holders to renew sooner this season.

Fair point.

So I decided to get season tix today (haven't had them since 2013 and before). I never took advantage of the "secondary market" before. Do you guys have any preferred method for selling games that you can't attend?

Looks like TicketExchange is the "authorized" dealer by NFL but what about StubHub, etc? I'll probably get to 4 games this year so I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on ways to maximize re-sale so I can build up a credit in my account for next year.

Thanks

they are waiting on the current Season Ticket Member Relocation/Upgrade Process

Your relocation date and time are based on your seniority.

​i'm a member since 1986 and my call in date is 3/15/16........so they should be done with everyone by 4/1/16.

TOP SECRET INSIDER INFO JUST FOR TBD's....in the lower bowl....the "odd" number rows have 3-4 inches MORE knee/leg room

Why would that be? I'm not doubting it - we went from row 35 row row 26, and it seems like there's less room. I chalked up to gaining some weight! (All of us!)

Why would that be? I'm not doubting it - we went from row 35 row row 26, and it seems like there's less room. I chalked up to gaining some weight! (All of us!)

I brought a tape measure to the game. there is no doubt odd rows have more knee room than even numbered rows (in lower bowl). back in the early days, I was in an even row. I had my cup holders removed because they were bothersome. I noticed the folks in front of me appeared to have no troubles. so I came early one game and sat in their seats and I was like dang.

it's just in the design of the stadium. it could have been corrected (averaged out) by using shims where the seats attach to the concrete. they must know, I've told my account rep several times during seat relocation. it still could be fixed, but they choose not to.

I brought a tape measure to the game. there is no doubt odd rows have more knee room than even numbered rows (in lower bowl). back in the early days, I was in an even row. I had my cup holders removed because they were bothersome. I noticed the folks in front of me appeared to have no troubles. so I came early one game and sat in their seats and I was like dang.

it's just in the design of the stadium. it could have been corrected (averaged out) by using shims where the seats attach to the concrete. they must know, I've told my account rep several times during seat relocation. it still could be fixed, but they choose not to.

That's really interesting - thanks!

Can't believe there hasn't been one mention of the impact of the burgeoning WNY economy. The fact is that Buffalo is reinventing itself and growing fast. Millennials have flocked to the city and decaying neighborhoods are now vibrant. The development of the waterfront has brought thousands of new jobs to the city.

Furthermore, the Canadian dollar has tanked. It was estimated that 20% of the game day crowd was from our neighbors to the North. One would have to guess that many of them have opted out due to a .70 exchange rate, so WNYers are picking up the slack and then some.

Remember when we thought the team would move after Ralph's passing? One of the arguments given was always that "there just aren't enough people in WNY that can afford the tickets. That worm has turned.

Come on up for the rising.

Can't believe there hasn't been one mention of the impact of the burgeoning WNY economy. The fact is that Buffalo is reinventing itself and growing fast. Millennials have flocked to the city and decaying neighborhoods are now vibrant. The development of the waterfront has brought thousands of new jobs to the city.

Furthermore, the Canadian dollar has tanked. It was estimated that 20% of the game day crowd was from our neighbors to the North. One would have to guess that many of them have opted out due to a .70 exchange rate, so WNYers are picking up the slack and then some.

Remember when we thought the team would move after Ralph's passing? One of the arguments given was always that "there just aren't enough people in WNY that can afford the tickets. That worm has turned.

That's because many old timers living in West Seneca who never venture downtown don't believe it. Edited by PromoTheRobot

A Springsteen shoutout in a pro-Buffalo pro-Bills post. If you could only have worked the Bonnies in there, as well, it would have been everything I love and my favorite post of all time!

The idea that we are likely going to be getting a new stadium announced in the next 2-3 years or some method to make PSL's come in to play scares a lot of people. getting tickets now would be a method to get in now and early.

Are there stats indicating that secondary market sales have increased in recent years? Maybe it's just that people are buying in to the idea that the team's staying.

The secondary market is part of it, IMO, also.

That's because many old timers living in West Seneca who never venture downtown don't believe it.

That is so true! We went to the Canal District w/my inlaws... And they would not drop one dime! It is a certain mentality. Drove around for God knows how long because they didn't want to "pay to park." They wouldn't even allow me to pay. "Who ever heard of "paying to park?" LMAO!

I am not being a naysayer, but if this mentality bleeds into everybody (inlaws are in their 80's)... How is the redevelopment going to turn positive $$$.

Tourism, entertainment, service economy can be such a fickle industry. Are the one's in the lowing paying service industry going to keep it afloat when the novelty wears off?

We will see.

BTW... Parking @ Erie Basin Marina is free. ;-)

Would love to believe that. According too economic innovation group Karl Russel 2/24/16. Buffalo ranks as the seventh most distressed city in the US. High rate of poverty, all the rest. The different areas of improvement are great. Waited my whole life for them. The solar stuff is/will bust. Like it did around 1981 out west. Too kany forces oppose this. One guess who they are. Jobs lost.

IMO the insane new housing market prices say in Elmwood village or even the Hertel area will leave a lot of millennials holding the bag when the bubble bursts in the next recession. Overvalued real estate is not good. Cheektowaga now considered a inner city suburban ghetto but don't have the link. One guy Pegula cannot do it all.

A Springsteen shoutout in a pro-Buffalo pro-Bills post. If you could only have worked the Bonnies in there, as well, it would have been everything I love and my favorite post of all time!

Fixed.

Remember when we thought the team would move after Ralph's passing? One of the arguments given, since the days of Bob Lanier, was always that "there just aren't enough people in WNY that can afford the tickets. That worm has turned.

Would love to believe that. According too economic innovation group Karl Russel 2/24/16. Buffalo ranks as the seventh most distressed city in the US. High rate of poverty, all the rest. The different areas of improvement are great. Waited my whole life for them. The solar stuff is/will bust. Like it did around 1981 out west. Too kany forces oppose this. One guess who they are. Jobs lost.

IMO the insane new housing market prices say in Elmwood village or even the Hertel area will leave a lot of millennials holding the bag when the bubble bursts in the next recession. Overvalued real estate is not good. Cheektowaga now considered a inner city suburban ghetto but don't have the link. One guy Pegula cannot do it all.

It's possible to have both. You can be economically distressed while still having a burgeoning sector. And the Pegulas are the engine for much of the development at the foot of Main. In fact Buffalo is a great investment right now if you have the money and the patience. Buy low!