Kraig Urbik cut (update - signed with Miami)

@tydunne

Sounds like #Bills guard Kraig Urbik is on his way out. Started 57 games in Buffalo since joining team in 2010.

https://twitter.com/kraigurbik/status/704721551329992704

@mikerodak

Bills appear to be releasing veteran OL Kraig Urbik. Saves them $1.75M against 2016 cap. Avoids $300k roster bonus.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy was really solid for us, IMO.

I hope we do re-sign him for less, but it always seems when we make cuts like this, we opt to go for a different journeyman (or just a rookie).

because you would normally just renegotiate, not cut, if there was a number both sides like. it would be odd if we frequently cut and resigned guys.

because you would normally just renegotiate, not cut, if there was a number both sides like. it would be odd if we frequently cut and resigned guys.

That's true. You just wonder though for guys like Urbik if the Bills are just so lukewarm that they wouldn't waste their time with "negotiating"-- it's more like, "see what you can go get, and if you want to come back, we can talk about a vet min deal, assuming we haven't grabbed a cheaper rookie."

As an aside, I know Urbik still lives here in Pittsburgh (lives in the same neighborhood of a buddy of mine), and so maybe he is thinking Bills, Steelers, or just retire.

Kraig was the better RG last year and has been a solid player for us. For being a backup/not being in our future plans I suppose this makes sense. The onus is on Miller now to take the next step.

In pass pro yes, but not in the run game.

If the Bills just released Urbik that means one of two things. The Bills are closer to a deal with Incognito than believed, or they have a plan in FA to replace him.

The problem with Urbik is while he only saves the Bills 1.75 mill he just isn't versatile. He can really only play Guard. They tried him at Center and he struggled and he def can't play tackle