Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Paging Mr Overdorf, this guy is such a wiz at working around the cap that he says it's easy, and he is applying to be your new assistant.

Do you say this to all the posters who make contract suggestions? There's many in this thread alone

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great run blocking guard is worth more to the Bills than to any other team in the league, with our imaginative run game we use constantly, with how often we ask our guards to pull and with our limited passing game we use as little as possible. In this way re-signing Incognito is an example of 'pulling the rope in the same direction.'

How long he can be a great run blocker who can impose his will and open holes is the risk here, but any other move would carry risk of a different sort. I'm happy to take the risk on a player that makes the offense go.

I wish we had five Incognitos rather than one- if this were the case you just might see Roman build an offense capable of dragging a mediocre defense kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

i concur ! nice post.

Almost looks like Coach Aaron Kromer lobbying for Incognito...

Come on Richie -- I will be in Phoenix/Scottsdale this week and buy you a beer if you re-sign...

I will paypal you for the second round !!

This is going similarly to the Hughes negotiations. He wanted to see what he could get elsewhere so he didn't sign before the legal tampering period which starts at noon today, but then he did sign before he actually hit the open market. I expect that the terms are agreed upon between the two parties, his agent is going to do his due diligence today, and he will sign tomorrow or Wednesday.

but isn't there a rule that they can only talk interest in one another and can not discuss contract details. They can call him up and say they are interested in him but can't say how interested (money and length of deal)?

I don't care about contracts....guaranteed money, years, incentives....the cap is easy to work around...I want a playoff team......sick of Bills and Sabres not making playoffs while watching same teams always getting in.....

Paging Mr Overdorf, this guy is such a wiz at working around the cap that he says it's easy, and he is applying to be your new assistant.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the team to win after so many years of falling short. Last year Buffalo went for broke and it didn't work, resulting in some purging this year with other players not re-signed or franchised.

With UFA about to begin, the Bills are getting weaker. You can say certain cuts were necessary to satisfy cap problems, but it doesn't remove the fact the roster has more holes to fill. And with less cap space to sign replacements it looks like Buffalo will once again enter the draft using it to address needs.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the team to win after so many years of falling short. Last year Buffalo went for broke and it didn't work, resulting in some purging this year with other players not re-signed or franchised.

With UFA about to begin, the Bills are getting weaker. You can say certain cuts were necessary to satisfy cap problems, but it doesn't remove the fact the roster has more holes to fill. And with less cap space to sign replacements it looks like Buffalo will once again enter the draft using it to address needs.

How exactly are the bills getting weaker?

Losing players year to year is inevitable

THERE IS A DRAFT

but isn't there a rule that they can only talk interest in one another and can not discuss contract details. They can call him up and say they are interested in him but can't say how interested (money and length of deal)?

They can discuss all the details they want now but still only with the agent. New this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/06/league-softens-its-stance-on-the-legal-tampering-period/

How exactly are the bills getting weaker?

Losing players year to year is inevitable

THERE IS A DRAFT

Releasing McKelvin, Mario, Urbik, and even Dixon means those guys need to be replaced. Who on the roster is there right now? And if you're talking about the draft, are rookies going to fit the bill? Doubtful.

I'm sure you'll say the cap necessitated these moves, and they did. Which means they've badly mismanaged the cap in a go-for-broke 2015 which hurt them in future seasons.

A NFL team doesn't win 6-9 games the last 5 seasons by accident. Then again, you've proven incapable of constructively criticizing this franchise.

_gep2s4I_bigger.jpegIan Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Jahri Evans isn't just seeing the sights. He's visiting #Bills RT @J_7TRE_E: Gotta check out the falls #NiagaraFalls

I've seen multiple corroborating reports on this. If the RI talks have stalled, I'd take him, especially since his last two years he was on before with the Saints had him at an average of 4.5 mill a year, which is right around what Id want to spend.

Releasing McKelvin, Mario, Urbik, and even Dixon means those guys need to be replaced. Who on the roster is there right now? And if you're talking about the draft, are rookies going to fit the bill? Doubtful.

I'm sure you'll say the cap necessitated these moves, and they did. Which means they've badly mismanaged the cap in a go-for-broke 2015 which hurt them in future seasons.

A NFL team doesn't win 6-9 games the last 5 seasons by accident. Then again, you've proven incapable of constructively criticizing this franchise.

We have to replace 3 backups and a 2015 no show.

well Bradham and Incognito are kinda key players. But its not as dire as some make it out to. They did keep Glenn and Graham

This year the belt needs to tighten up a notch i agree with that : )

Agreed

Mario was the only one of the people you listed that was a starter. You're criticizing the Bills for replacing expensive backups with draft picks, which is what every successful organization does.

Edited by Fingon

Let Jahri play RG and Cog the LG. That leaves us with having to find a starting caliber RT and this rushing attack is rollin. :thumbsup:

That's a nice plan if we can afford it. Not so nice if it's Evans or Cog. Since Jahri is apparently suited to RG, if Cog is not resigned, what do they do, move the less than overwhelming rookie Miller over to LG? Doesn't sound very promising.

Edited by Dr. Who

The no-show still needs to be replaced. Primary depth at G and CB need to be replaced. Depth at TE, starters in the defensive front 7, and a backup QB need to be acquired.

Yet, the Bills have very little cap space to do it and probably will depend on rookies or low cost veterans to do it.

I've never understood why fans magically assume the team will get better.

Agreed

Mario was the only one of the people you listed that was a starter. You're criticizing the Bills for replacing expensive backups with draft picks, which is what every successful organization does.

Every organization doesn't ride the mediocrity train for so long without ever getting really bad or makes the playoffs.

Good franchises have an option on the roster before a veteran is cut loose. I don't expect it to happen all the time, but when you enter a draft using your picks to fill needs (which the Bills frequently do) then you're never getting better, just keep your head above water.

Edited by BillsVet