Best bands you've never heard of...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supertramp

??? I having a hard time trying to fathom & wrapping my tiny brain around this. Maybe I am just getting old.

They were a super group of the 1970's and into the '80s. Who hasn't at least heard of Supertramp.

It would be like saying my son never heard Bing Crosby or who he is. I know Supertramp was before many a Millenial's time, but the group just too monolithic to make this list. For crying out loud, their instrumental versions of their songs are played in the grocery store (supermarket if you will... :nana: ).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

??? I having a hard time trying to fathom & wrapping my tiny brain around this. Maybe I am just getting old.

They were a super group of the 1970's and into the '80s. Who hasn't at least heard of Supertramp.

It would be like saying my son never heard Bing Crosby or who he is. I know Supertramp was before many a Millenial's time, but the group just too monolithic to make this list. For crying out loud, their instrumental versions of their songs are played in the grocery store (supermarket if you will... :nana: ).

You haven't lived until you've heard the Muzak version of Goodbye Stranger in the produce aisle!

You haven't lived until you've heard the Muzak version of Goodbye Stranger in the produce aisle!

Ah! LMAO!

I was specifically thinkin about that damn instrumental to "Breakfast in America" while cruising the gluttonous selection in the cereal aisle... The juxtaposing of those two events is mindboggling, even w/my pea brain! LoL!!!!

Hum along w/me:

"Take a look at my girlfriend

She's the only one I got

Not much of a girlfriend

Never seem to get a lot

Take a jumbo across the water

Like to see America

See the girls in California

I'm hoping it's going to come true

But there's not a lot I can do

Could we have kippers for breakfast

Mummy dear, Mummy dear

They got to have 'em in Texas

Cos everyone's a millionaire..."

:-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Spitting out my nose! Thanks for the quick link! LoL!!!!

Now... Wendy's triple bacon cheeseburger is eaten by our old fashioned grandparents along w/a trip to Olive Garden!

:-O

And Millenials and yoynger are still porking out!

Brush with greatness! Back in the day, Supertramp was on the radio call-in show Rockline a few times and twice I called in and got to talk to them and ask questions. Then in 1997-ish I saw Roger Hodgson at the Tralf in Buffalo. Got to meet him after the show and then went up to the balcony area and talked with his son Andrew for a bit. I first got into Supertramp in 1974-ish when Crime of the Century came out; my sister played that album non-stop during a time when I was reading "Helter Skelter" - the book about Charles Manson's murders of Sharon Tate and others. Pretty disturbing book to read while listening to that particular album. I was 15 at the time!

Brush with greatness! Back in the day, Supertramp was on the radio call-in show Rockline a few times and twice I called in and got to talk to them and ask questions. Then in 1997-ish I saw Roger Hodgson at the Tralf in Buffalo. Got to meet him after the show and then went up to the balcony area and talked with his son Andrew for a bit. I first got into Supertramp in 1974-ish when Crime of the Century came out; my sister played that album non-stop during a time when I was reading "Helter Skelter" - the book about Charles Manson's murders of Sharon Tate and others. Pretty disturbing book to read while listening to that particular album. I was 15 at the time!

Awesome story... Now that I am putting all my music on thumbdrive... I find myself digging deep into the Supertramp collection!