New deal for Tyrod Taylor?

YoloinOhio

Probably. I doubt the Bills are offering anywhere close to what Bradford or Flacco got. So might as well wait.

Waiting is the last thing he should want to do. But good for the Bills if that's his desire.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is an odd thing to consider.

Tyrod excels and then gets paid in large, because he was just that good.

Odd sensation.

I say wait and then if deserved give him the bank next year. Why take a Fitzy risk? and if he is for real? He is going to get paid by someone.

no GM gets a deal, they just get to delay the inevitable.

Let us hope Bills pay the Man for all the right reasons. like taking us to the playoffs. thats a decent metric i think

Makes you wonder why/how a guy like Tom Brady isn't at the top of that list, or near to it.

He doesn't need the money, I think he'll be owning the Patriots when Kraft exits. However and whenever that may be.

pretty simple on Brady, his wife year to year makes 20-30 mil per year, he's avg a high income for 15 years, and he si smart when he does endorsements. He only does them if he gets an equity play so making residuals on the companies.

He's shrewd. He most likely is all about becoming the winningest QB of all time so it is undeniable his the GOAT. If he can make it to 1-2 more SB which he's been to 10 of the last 14 AFC Championship games which is unheard of in any era.

To me the only one lest to make that argument of GOAT would be Montana going 4-0 in SB.

Anyway, some good recent comments we're not going to save that much money to extend him now and we don't have the money. If he plays lights out, he'll be rich next year, and we're protected as we'll just tag him so no risk of losing him. If he's mediocre, or bad, or just keeps holding onto the ball too long, or not making good fast reads over the middle, we protected ourselves, or give him a second tier contract.

@BradleyGelber

Tyrod Taylor $1.1M #Bills

CckdfnzXEAITB80.jpg

I think this is part of why they do give Tyrod a new deal. We know he's the starter. It's not right that a starting qb has to go to Ruby Tuesdays to go out. Put some money in the mans pocket and don't look like chumps. So back to my question about what kind of deal he gets. I think three years club option on the third, ten million signing bonus and 7 mil per year, two years guaranteed. I like that. Kirk Cousins was franchised and that will be scary money.

@BradleyGelber

Tyrod Taylor $1.1M #Bills

CckdfnzXEAITB80.jpg

What a silly tweet. Yes the Bills should pay a guy after 14 starts what guys who ha e been to the playoffs multiple times and won SBs get.

The Bills have more leverage than some of you think. Franchise Qbs rarely leave unless there is some crazy injury. If he shows he is a franchise qb, he will be here long term. Silly to stress about it at this point.

lets look shall we...

Gilmore

Darby

Leo

Robey

Graham

A Williams

all played corner. To me thats pretty awesome for flexibility and matching up skill sets WRs.

A Williams definitely played at corner not played corner; I would not count him as a CB. Mario might be a better CB if he could learn to catch,

Perhaps not 'critical' now, but not far off. If we (OK, half of 'we') are correct and he takes a big step up with a full season behind him and familiarity with the system and players -neither of which he had at this time last year, we may NOT be able to sign him w/o cutting Dareus or letting Gilmore walk, etc. Sure, there were 1st year missteps, but we witnessed the best QBing here in 11 seasons this past year.

I'm hoping discussions are on-going..

Perhaps, although word is that we are in pretty good cap shape for 2017 at the moment. That will change, of course, if Glenn and Gilmore are signed long term, but it looks like we should have some wiggle room to give TT a nice contract if needed.

I think this is part of why they do give Tyrod a new deal. We know he's the starter. It's not right that a starting qb has to go to Ruby Tuesdays to go out. Put some money in the mans pocket and don't look like chumps. So back to my question about what kind of deal he gets. I think three years club option on the third, ten million signing bonus and 7 mil per year, two years guaranteed. I like that. Kirk Cousins was franchised and that will be scary money.

He bought his linemen big screen TVs so I do not think he needs to eat at Ruby Tuesdays if he does not wish.

He should have waited though to give the TVs to them after they resigned contracts.

Makes you wonder why/how a guy like Tom Brady isn't at the top of that list, or near to it.

Probably gets his via signing bonus, not spread out weekly salary. Please believe someone that competitive on the field expects to be compensated competitively also.

A Williams definitely played at corner not played corner; I would not count him as a CB. Mario might be a better CB if he could learn to catch,

ha true enough. But he was taught what he was supposed to be doing. Hence a bit more knowledge of his surroundings. and in a pinch....

I think this is part of why they do give Tyrod a new deal. We know he's the starter. It's not right that a starting qb has to go to Ruby Tuesdays to go out.

why would a millionaire eat at ruby tuesdays?

Tyrod likes to make his own salad and follow it up with a crappy entree ?