We have the worst cap situation in the league?

Virgil

About $9.7M cap space now

Sign Richie , draft class and tender costs for RFAs

http://www.wgr550.com/Next-up-for-Bills-RFA-decisions-approx-values-for-/2252991

Yep. Restructure McKelvin and Graham and extend Glenn and Gilmore too. Still a lot to do. If they can get it all done by the start of the league year so that we have a little bit of FA space to play with that would be a significant achievement.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Bills have about $12.5M in cap space after releasing McKelvin. Still waiting on Graham deal in NFLPA system, so that will raise number.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Maybe another 2 or 3 million when Gilmore's deal gets done. Another few million more if they can get Glenn's deal done soon as well.

I don't see how they don't resign RI now, unless he really wants to test the market.

I annoyed that we still have 1.75M in dead cap because of Chris freaking Williams, who is completely out of the NFL

That was a head scratcher. I can usually rationalize any Bills move, but that one baffled me then, and I'm at a loss to guess what was going through Whaley's mind then (other than he has an affinity for underachieving recruits and 1st round picks).

Not bad. Not bad at all. Maybe another 2 or 3 million when Gilmore's deal gets done. Another few million more if they can get Glenn's deal done soon as well.

I don't see how they don't resign RI now, unless he really wants to test the market.

Spotrac has them at $13.1M below the cap before Graham's numbers come in, so figure $14.2M including Graham's restructured contract. Right now, they need about $6M for their RFAs and probably $4M for Richie. Get that done, and they have $4M to make a few targeted signings when FA starts.

I think it'll be about $5.5M in extra space between Gilmore and Glenn., which is exactly what they need to sign draft picks.

Spotrac has them at $13.1M below the cap before Graham's numbers come in, so figure $14.2M including Graham's restructured contract. Right now, they need about $6M for their RFAs and probably $4M for Richie. Get that done, and they have $4M to make a few targeted signings when FA starts.

I think it'll be about $5.5M in extra space between Gilmore and Glenn., which is exactly what they need to sign draft picks.

:beer: Thanks for those specifics (and all the info you continually provide).

KW's savings would be about $5m after dead money, I think... if he were released :sick:

That was a head scratcher. I can usually rationalize any Bills move, but that one baffled me then, and I'm at a loss to guess what was going through Whaley's mind then (other than he has an affinity for underachieving recruits and 1st round picks).

That signing still ticks me off. Along with the 5 million guaranteed ( I think) he walked away with.

The Bills bid against themselves. Williams was on the couch eating Cheetos when Whaley called. where I suspect he is now.

I don't think whaley has any sentimental side to him unfortunately

However, if they notice the fact that he's not particularly slipping and that the run defense went from double digits every game to triple digits most games after he got hurt, they'll wisely keep him and at most ask him to renegotiate for cap space.

There's a reason he's been mentioned as coming back from the first day of the off-season (as opposed to Mario this year or Freddie last year). Cutting him would not be worth it. And, again, if anyone is questioning his age, remember when we let go another DT named Williams at the exact same age (spoiler alert: he went to three straight pro bowls after he left us).

However, if they notice the fact that he's not particularly slipping and that the run defense went from double digits every game to triple digits most games after he got hurt, they'll wisely keep him and at most ask him to renegotiate for cap space.

There's a reason he's been mentioned as coming back from the first day of the off-season (as opposed to Mario this year or Freddie last year). Cutting him would not be worth it. And, again, if anyone is questioning his age, remember when we let go another DT named Williams at the exact same age (spoiler alert: he went to three straight pro bowls after he left us).

yes i still Miss the Fat kid in the middle. PW

: )

That signing still ticks me off. Along with the 5 million guaranteed ( I think) he walked away with.

The Bills bid against themselves. Williams was on the couch eating Cheetos when Whaley called. where I suspect he is now.

CW was a huge step backwards for the team. he can redeem himself with keeping Cogs.

dont outsmart yourself Dougie

I thought it was $9M?

:flirt:

CBF

I don't think whaley has any sentimental side to him unfortunately

And truthfully, no GM should be sentemental. It gets in the way of doing their job correctly.

Thankfully fans don't have those same restrictions. I love Kyle, he's probably my favorite current Bill (certainly from the old regime). I do think he can play well in any defensive scheme, and hopefully the coaches believe that too. We'll see how it shakes out.

I really hope he sticks around, but I could also see us cutting him because 'he doesn't fit' or something :(

Could happen, but man I hope not. Not to be repetitive but I do think he can play well (and has) in a 3-4 hybrid scheme. He's probably the best leader on that side of the ball if not the whole team, meatball would retire a Bill if I had a say.

Thankfully for all, I don't. ;)

I really hope he sticks around, but I could also see us cutting him because 'he doesn't fit' or something :(

when "they" cut him.. it no longer becomes " US " to me.

'bout had enough of this experiment honestly.

good post Greggy

Edited by 3rdand12

After RFA and Draft Picks, we will have around 6 mil left. Oh yeah, and we lost McKelvin and Mario, possibly Richie.

So, may not be the worst anymore, but we've now lost talent and don't have money to upgrade or fill the recently created holes.

Super Psyched

After RFA and Draft Picks, we will have around 6 mil left. Oh yeah, and we lost McKelvin and Mario, possibly Richie.

So, may not be the worst anymore, but we've now lost talent and don't have money to upgrade or fill the recently created holes.

Super Psyched

Not sure if you know, but there's an event in April called the NFL draft.